Kerbal Space Program

Associate
Neverrrrr! :p

Also no KSP tonight, damn friends who forget owed money! :mad:

Not a fun afternoon for you!
Look on the bright side, your bound too own a KSP liscense by the time KSP.16 comes out! ;)
Only a few more weeks too go! :cool:

So nearly into orbit - I reckon it is achievable with this one though, I wasted too much fuel getting up there.

Been serious, you have started with just rockets?
Trying to get them into stabile orbit first; Then move to Plane/Rocket Hybrids? Or Plane assisted Rocket designs?

Truth be told, it still a design step, that I am struggling with. :confused:
Well - I have had one successful mission @ (100KM Orbit), after 50 failed launch's, the the lifter stage isn't stable, a little unpredictable! Well its predictable, just not in a good/succesful manor.. :p

Man of Honour
I have managed to get rockets into orbit, just struggling with the space plane - just achieved my record of 600,000m away from the planet, but I got the angle wrong for an orbit. Nearly though - think I need a little more fuel.

Soldato
Awesome looking jet there Captn.

I have been building rockets and realised that both my designs suck and that I'm a terrible pilot! Almost achieved an orbit but my terrible staging system incinerated the Steakbake 5 upon release :'(

Soldato
I thoug't i'd go for a large space plane. It flies!!! for about 2.5 minutes then it runs out of fuel and usually results in an explosion not long after :D

Spaceplane.png

Kerbal2.png

Soldato
well i've been playing with jets, looking at others and getting ideas and this is the closest thing i've got to something stable.

Jet-1-1024x576.jpg

Not too bad to control. Have since swapped to turbo jet engines as I lost air speed before. Luckily the cockpit is attached to some parachutes 'just in case' :p

Without the winglets on the front it's just uncontrollable

Soldato
Turn RCS on (R) make sure you have RCS thrusters on the ships extremities - end of wings etc have nice leverage. Fit an RCS fuel tank ;)

If you are using a rocket engine which is vectorable you'll turn fairly well under throttle anyway

Man of Honour
Liquid, solid is only any good in first stage for very initial lift off.
As you get higher go through the liquid motors.

So first stage big rocket engines, with one vectoring engine in the centre. Can use some solid boosters here if needed. Should get you most of the way to orbit.
Second stage vectoring engine one will do, get you into orbit, to moon and half way down decent. Last stage the landing engine(can't remember what it's called) is powerful enough to land and return to earth.

Back
Top Bottom