LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Soldato
Seem to be noticing motion judder more on the C3 than I'd like, gaming is fine but can see it in streaming apps (netflix, now tv etc). I don't normally use any sort of motion smoothing as I pick up on the soap opera effect but have settled on cinematic for Trumotion as it helps a bit (Natural is too much). Any recommended custom user settings to help with judder?

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like my panny is around 600/700 nits, so not even HDR10 fully utilised, let along HDR10+
Seems a pointless feature on my TV, but it made me buy it, as it sounded good lol.

OLED backlight 100, contrast 100, default HDR settings in the two menus- it's retina bright. I reduce settings, so peak brightness is brighter than SDR but way below full light output of HDR.

I don't want to have my eyes on fire after a movie.

I personally think HDR is a fad.

Soldato
OLED backlight 100, contrast 100, default HDR settings in the two menus- it's retina bright. I reduce settings, so peak brightness is brighter than SDR but way below full light output of HDR.

Its about helping to see more detail in the dark and bright parts of the image, peak brightness is important but its not about having the entire screen at 2000nits.

Associate

Its not. Watch hdr with qd-oled and you will see difference in colours that wouldnt be achievable in sRGB

Associate
Got stock alert for 77" G3 this morning and managed to get it for £2606.12 total.

2% member discount, 10% off from LG and 20% BLC discount.

Topcashback are also doing upto 15% at the moment but mine tracked at £111.69 which is roughly 3-4%? Once thats paid out, it's only cost me £2494.43 which I'm pretty happy with.

Caporegime
Got stock alert for 77" G3 this morning and managed to get it for £2606.12 total.

2% member discount, 10% off from LG and 20% BLC discount.

Topcashback are also doing upto 15% at the moment but mine tracked at £111.69 which is roughly 3-4%? Once thats paid out, it's only cost me £2494.43 which I'm pretty happy with.
Is it possible to sign up for BLC and get that 20% now do you know?

Would bite at this price for the TV

Edit: lol nvm re-read BLC and its not for my sector

Last edited:
Soldato
Seem to be noticing motion judder more on the C3 than I'd like, gaming is fine but can see it in streaming apps (netflix, now tv etc). I don't normally use any sort of motion smoothing as I pick up on the soap opera effect but have settled on cinematic for Trumotion as it helps a bit (Natural is too much). Any recommended custom user settings to help with judder?
I noticed something oddly similar. Recently watched some football which was on ITV4, and so, as to not watch it in the normal SD quality I went into ITVX and streamed it that way in HD. I noticed the judder then. Yet, if I watch football in HD on BBC1 (normal TV, not streamed), I see no judder. And for 99% of content I've been OK with the tele. I say judder but it is only slight (noticed it with long balls, say a goal kick, and then the camera pans). I am one of those rare people that actually doesn't mind the SOE lol but for this tele I've been quite strict on myself and left it set, as you, on cinematic movement.

EDIT: The only other setting to check is to confirm you have "Real Cinema" enabled. That plus TruMotion set to Cinematic movement are the only two things to really set for motion and judder.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just took back a Samsung s90c. And shaped it for a C3. The colors and picture are so much more natural.
Can't fault Richer Sounds.

Samsung colours are usually OTT. But if you reduce colour down...

As long as colour decoder isn't too hot, typically it's red, what that means is anything red is far more redder than it should be. I believe a proper ISF calibration fixes this, you can't do it in user level menus.

Soldato
Having returned 2 Hisense U7K TV's to Currys due to screen issues I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered an LG 65" G2 from RicherSounds. It's currently on offer for £1399 (ends tomorrow).

The U7K is a brilliantly capable TV but the banding is so bad. The first TV had a 4" dark band from top to bottom on the right hand side, I tried desperately to put up with it but I found I was watching the band instead of the content. The second TV had a large circle that was brighter than the rest of the TV, again on the right hand side.

In the end I just thought I shouldn't be putting up with anything when spending £900 on a new TV. Yes, there is a certain level of banding to be expected on that type of TV tech but it was so off-putting.

My son isn't gonna be happy tomorrow when I pick him up from school tomorrow and we've got no TV :D.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope, not sure at all :D .

I mainly play Xbox on the TV, with the occasional film. After a very brief read up it seems the LG is still the better choice for the Xbox but I'll certainly do some more digging. Thanks for pointing it out.

Back
Top Bottom