LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Associate
Was waiting on the C3 or G3 65" to come back in stock on the G website... and suddenly now have G2 from RS to throw into the mix at £1499. Decisions, decisions...

Caporegime
Glad I went 77" coming from a 50" PLasma

Before an after for reference if this helps..

RlNMoNY.jpg

VjS0on5.jpg

bYtw965.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Such a shame they don’t come with stands.

I know you can buy one but they’re about £150 and hard to get hold of.

@easyrider your dog seems to love watching tv. He’s glued to it lol
Something like this would work no problem.

Deal of the day: BONTEC Universal Table Top Pedestal TV Stand with Bracket for 26”-55” LCD/LED/Plasma TVs-Height Adjustable TV stand with 8mm Tempered Glass Base & Cable Management-Holds 40 KG & Max.VESA 400x400mm https://amzn.eu/d/aK2cuoB

Caporegime
What are your thoughts coming from the plasma? Watched any HDR content yet, if you have it Pacific Rim is a great HDR showcase.

I’ve only watched Live TV so far…I did load Planet Earth III on iPlayer at UHD and it looked amazing…

I’m very pleased with it…I spent today running a Cat 6 cable in…glad the old one was there to pull it through…that Old one didn’t work for some reason…The stock bracket allowed me to pull the TV out so I could feed the new cable down the trunking in the wall…

Want it hardwired for GE Force Go.

Soldato
I’ve only watched Live TV so far…I did load Planet Earth III on iPlayer at UHD and it looked amazing…

I’m very pleased with it…I spent today running a Cat 6 cable in…glad the old one was there to pull it through…that Old one didn’t work for some reason…The stock bracket allowed me to pull the TV out so I could feed the new cable down the trunking in the wall…

Want it hardwired for GE Force Go.
Just be aware that the LG's have different settings per HDR format, per input, apps and Live TV. So just make sure everything is set up correctly, e.g. filmmaker mode for SDR, HDR10, HLG and Cinema for Dolby Vision.

Best way is just to watch the different formats and change the settings for each.

Soldato
Just be aware that the LG's have different settings per HDR format, per input, apps and Live TV. So just make sure everything is set up correctly, e.g. filmmaker mode for SDR, HDR10, HLG and Cinema for Dolby Vision.

Best way is just to watch the different formats and change the settings for each.
That's the biggest pain imo. The kids were watching something the other day and both me and the mrs noticed it looking 'odd'. Turns out that it still had the SOE turned on for that app/hdr format.

Soldato

You can copy presets to all, bit you still need to go through each type. Sdr, Dolby vision, hdr10.

Back
Top Bottom