LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Associate
Anyone tried airplaying directly to their LG OLED from their iphone/ipad? (without Apple TV I mean)

It's hit and miss for me... doesn't work most of the time unfortunately

Edit: forgot to mention I'm on the older gen (LG CX)

Last edited:
Soldato
How long is the cable? You might find the cable isn’t quite capable of a solid signal at full bit rate…

Tried a few cables now all hdmi 2.1 certified and various lengths. When it works it’s perfect it just randomly looses signal the Xbox is still running in the background.

Reading online it seems a very common issue with the SX and LG OLEDS starting from the C2 possibly an incompatibility between hdmi controller chips.

One fix says to connect the SX via a hdmi switch box. I have a 2.1 switch so will try this today and see if it’s any better. Tbh I’m a bit fed up of pulling out the hdmi to fix it.

Soldato
Just tried using the HDMi 2.1 switch and it was ok for a while but then quitting Starfield the dreaded no signal appeared so that has not worked. Someone has suggested turning off ALLM on the Xbox as the tv does it anyway. Will try that next..

Soldato
Just an update to say that turning off ALLM in the Xbox options fixed the issue. The TV still enters game mode fine without it. It seems the S/X likes to send ALLM signals every time the display refreshes like when quitting a game etc which confuses the tv hence the no signal screen.

Man of Honour
Have just ordered a C3 for my PC. Will be interesting to compare it to the S95B that I use for console gaming. Anyone have any recommended settings for PC gaming?

Soldato
Is there a big difference between the 48 and 55 inch C3? Thanks
I also want to say there is something hardware wise / spec wise that is not included on the smaller size model. But I can't find the info now. Someone with better google skills might find it.

EDIT: Found a bit of info from cnet article:

LG C3 sizes, series comparison​

I performed a hands-on evaluation of the 65-inch LG C3 OLED TV, but this review also applies to the other screen sizes in the series. The four largest sizes have similar specs and should provide similar picture quality. LG says the two smaller sizes, the 42- and 48-inch models, will be dimmer than the larger sizes.

Last edited:
Soldato
I also want to say there is something hardware wise / spec wise that is not included on the smaller size model. But I can't find the info now. Someone with better google skills might find it.

EDIT: Found a bit of info from cnet article:

LG C3 sizes, series comparison​

I performed a hands-on evaluation of the 65-inch LG C3 OLED TV, but this review also applies to the other screen sizes in the series. The four largest sizes have similar specs and should provide similar picture quality. LG says the two smaller sizes, the 42- and 48-inch models, will be dimmer than the larger sizes.
IIRC it was when they introduced the Evo panels, the 48" did not get them at all. Then 42" was introduced also.

Associate
Does anyone have a C3 with a Sonos Arc? I’ve been having issues with eArc turned on. On the LG webos if I use YouTube, iPlayer, anything which doesn’t do 5.1 I get no audio through the Arc. Netflix, Plex, works fine. If I turn off eArc everything works fine. Tried decent HDMI cables from Richer but no luck. Anyone got Arc working with C3? Thinking of sending the Tv back and getting a Sony or Samsung.

Just an update on this. Sent the C3 back bought a G3 are all now working okay.

Back
Top Bottom