**LIAN LI GALAHAD ALL IN ONE COOLER AND SL/AL UNI FANS AVAILABLE FOR ORDER**

Associate
Jings that’s some price rise. I paid £140 for the white 360mm last year.
Yeah but these come with the SL fans as standard. I doubt the 360 Kit you got last year had the SL120s included. Having said that, I believe my 240 AIO is on the blink as it isn't cooling my 5800X that well anymore even with repasting the CPU twice and cleaning the rad.

Caporegime
Yeah but these come with the SL fans as standard. I doubt the 360 Kit you got last year had the SL120s included. Having said that, I believe my 240 AIO is on the blink as it isn't cooling my 5800X that well anymore even with repasting the CPU twice and cleaning the rad.
That's true, I bought SL120's separately!

Associate
I read early 2022......might just order the SL140s for now

Talking of which can you not use the L-Connect software with both the AL and SL fans or do you need 2 controllers for both AL and SL fans?

Warning: The UNI HUB controller of the Lian Li fan series SL is incompatible with the fans of the AL series and must not be used with them under any circumstances.

I want 2 x SL 140s and 4 x AL120s in the case

EDIT: found this which tells all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZpzR_4917c

Last edited:

Hi,
How did you find temps on your 5800X with the 240? Just about to build my son a rig and using the same CPU stuck for what cooler to use.

Associate
Hi,
How did you find temps on your 5800X with the 240? Just about to build my son a rig and using the same CPU stuck for what cooler to use.

I use my 5800X on default 142W Profile and sometimes use it on the Eco 87W Profile

It can do a run of Cinebench R23 without hitting 90C, but only just. However on normal gaming and such, max burst temps are around 60-70C , average is in the mid 50Cs I thinks.

Using it on the Eco 87W Profile, it is maxing out at about 58-59C on 100% core loads.

Its not amazing. However it will do and it depends a little on luck. I got a poor CPU for thermals.

Associate
Mines actually faulty, but credit to Lian Li with their no nonsense RMA process. They are shipping me a new one from factory in a couple of weeks.

they were spot on with me sending me replacements for all the fans that randonly died, same with the AIO when the pump died. But now after less than 6 months the replacement is havign issues. Temps on my 5800x up 70 when idle and 90c+ under load.

Think its time to cut my losses with lian li and try something else.

Associate
they were spot on with me sending me replacements for all the fans that randonly died, same with the AIO when the pump died. But now after less than 6 months the replacement is havign issues. Temps on my 5800x up 70 when idle and 90c+ under load.

Think its time to cut my losses with lian li and try something else.
Ah unlucky. Was your replacement AIO the v2 ? I.e the one with the LGA 1700 brackets included at all ? What AIO you thinking to replace the Galahad ? If my replacement AIO fails I might try the Corsair Capellix again

Associate
Ah unlucky. Was your replacement AIO the v2 ? I.e the one with the LGA 1700 brackets included at all ? What AIO you thinking to replace the Galahad ? If my replacement AIO fails I might try the Corsair Capellix again

dont think so, the replacement came on its own in a plain box, no fans or mounts. not sure on a replacement yet. My head tells me a arctic liquid freezer II, but my disco unicorn PC says somethign with more RGB. Maybe the phanteks one.

Associate
dont think so, the replacement came on its own in a plain box, no fans or mounts. not sure on a replacement yet. My head tells me a arctic liquid freezer II, but my disco unicorn PC says somethign with more RGB. Maybe the phanteks one.
That’s strange. I got the full retail box without the fans on my replacement. Yeah the phantek one in white looks alright.

Soldato
I currently have a MetalliGear Neo Qube case, it's basically like a O11 but £30 cheaper.

I currrently have a Coolermaster Master Liquid 360 CPU cooler and 1 Master Fan 360 (It's the block of fans in one unit)

The case allows, like the O11, to have the side triple slot, bottom triple slot and top triple slot option so 9 fans in total (including the 3 on a 360 rad)

I want to change the cooling setup to use these new black 360 coolers from Lian-li (for top triple slot area as exhaust) AND 2 sets of black fans to populate the side and bottom triple slot areas (as intakes)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £328.67 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Am I right in thinking that these fans AND the fans on the 360 cooler, are the new Lian-Li stuff and not the older version of the cooler and fans?

Is this the best way to get the setup I want, or can I do it cheaper? Thoughts?

I want the case to look like this...roughly speaking with all fan slots populated

Soldato
Yeah pretty much.

Would you say the twin fan packs (with 2 controllers) is right or should I get the 1 pack with 1 controller and 3 single fans? Do I really need two controllers?

Where on your case do you have your cocntroller? Does it use just one RBG MOBO header, to control all the fans RGB? what other connectors does the conroller use? USB for power or molex?

Caporegime
Yeah pretty much.

Would you say the twin fan packs (with 2 controllers) is right or should I get the 1 pack with 1 controller and 3 single fans? Do I really need two controllers?

Where on your case do you have your cocntroller? Does it use just one RBG MOBO header, to control all the fans RGB? what other connectors does the conroller use? USB for power or molex?
You won’t need two controllers, I can run my Galahad and all three sets of three fans from the one controller and their Connect software.

Associate
This might be handy for some of your galahad owners

I bought mine when it first came out and it developed issues and was replaced under RMA, then the same thing happened with the replacement a few months later. I made a post on reddit about them failing and gradually more and more people have replied saying the same thing happened to theres.

Lian Li have now admitted there was a problem with early units

Associate
This might be handy for some of your galahad owners

I bought mine when it first came out and it developed issues and was replaced under RMA, then the same thing happened with the replacement a few months later. I made a post on reddit about them failing and gradually more and more people have replied saying the same thing happened to theres.

Lian Li have now admitted there was a problem with early units

I had this issue a while back. contacted support and got a no question replacement, they didn't even ask for the old unit back.

Back
Top Bottom