Lila Connect - VX Fibre 1gig - Stoke on Trent

Associate
I'm sure that VM are now laying extra cables around to try and compete. I live in Weston Coyney and seen them digging up paths. Also seen a sign for Fibre Heroes but nothing about what they're doing.

Associate
I'm sure that VM are now laying extra cables around to try and compete. I live in Weston Coyney and seen them digging up paths. Also seen a sign for Fibre Heroes but nothing about what they're doing.
I think you are right. Ive seen them pulling fibre in around Meir. I assumed it was openreach at first as they are using Openreach ducts however im guessing there is some sort of duct sharing/leasing agreement in place.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes I do. I have a static IP with them so they provide the WAN settings. If you don't have static IP, you can set it to auto.
My install is today. I use my Virgin router in Modem only mode, and use my own router and AP's - Omada setup. Is it just the same for their router? Modem mode, and away we go? Or would it be from the SSD to my own router direct?

Associate
I emailed Lila overnight as their CS had closed, asking about any settings needed for my own router, and they came back to say, just plug it in Lan1................ Is this all i need to do?
That's it. If you haven't gone for the static IP option, just set all the WAN settings to auto.

Associate
Can I ask why you want your own Router, the one with Lila seems good enough to me?
I tried it for a couple of days. Its not very good. The Wifi upstairs is spotty at best. I have an Omada Setup ER605 router. with a switch for PoE AP's upstairs and down in mesh mode, and wired connections for my PC and work laptop upstairs too.

Man of Honour
I tried it for a couple of days. Its not very good. The Wifi upstairs is spotty at best. I have an Omada Setup ER605 router. with a switch for PoE AP's upstairs and down in mesh mode, and wired connections for my PC and work laptop upstairs too.

Mine increased significantly from VM.
Couldn't use VM sometimes in the back bedroom but now 300mbps with Lila modem.

Associate
Yes I do. I have a static IP with them so they provide the WAN settings. If you don't have static IP, you can set it to auto.
Hi I had lila connected Friday 29th September in the Blurton area. Connected downstairs and covers most of the house except upstairs office. This is linked to downstairs so just plugged a ethernet spliitter and connected my pc and a Tp link router into it. No more than that and it works great. If you use a splitter ensure it is capable of 1gig plus as the old ones and older routers only do 100mps. The Lila router is top quality, plugged my Vonage phone in no bother. I have been able t to cancel VM because of their contract changes without penalty.

Back
Top Bottom