Lit Fibre

Associate
Thank you very much for the quick response.

Reading through the thread I think I've found an answer to another issue. I've had a plex server running for years which my dad accesses remotely for films etc. Since joining Lit, he's not been able to connect. Would I need to look into static IP?
CGNAT is going to mess with any inbound external access. Static IP is the way to go

Associate
I've got 500mbps going in next week. I upgraded for cost reasons. I was happy on 100mbps so I'm not expecting it to be a revelation outside of some games downloading quicker.

Associate
Has anyone had issues with IPv6 content loading again over the past couple of days? It's been flaky since Thursday but has got worse this weekend?
This time round it appears to be AWS based content rather than Google for me (BBC News app, Audible, FireTV homepage missing images, Twitter missing images). Disabling IPv6 on my router (Linksys Velop MX6200) has meant everything loads perfectly again.

I'm in Evesham and have been happy with Lit, except for their IPv6 support and the poor router they supply.

Edit to add reply from Lit - Yes, we are currently investigating potential issues with IPv6. Indeed the workaround is to disable IPv6.

Last edited:
Associate
Was supposed to have my install on the 21st November, but my ducting has collapsed 1M away from the JF4 cover. Lit's Civils team were unable to block it so they cancelled the order. To add salt to the wound, their sales guy was banging on the door and asked if I wanted a free 6 months...

Associate
Gosh that's got to be frustrating. Who is responsible for sorting out the ducting? Are Lit Fibre, or any other ISP, meant to sort this or is it an OpenReach thing?

Caporegime
When I had issues with the duct on the house lead-in for a Hyperoptic service recently, it was Hyperoptic that did the civils to resolve. Possibly Lit decided it wasn't worth the cost to connect one customer.

Associate
Hi all. I'm also having some issues with content loading on certain websites. Could someone please tell me the IPv6 to disable? I'm using the stock router at the moment.

Is it this server I need to disable - DHCP IPv6 Service in the the LAN setting?

Thanks

Associate
Hi all. I'm also having some issues with content loading on certain websites. Could someone please tell me the IPv6 to disable? I'm using the stock router at the moment.

Is it this server I need to disable - DHCP IPv6 Service in the the LAN setting?

Thanks

Yes

But maybe working now, I would check with Lit Fibre support first

Associate
CGNAT is going to mess with any inbound external access. Static IP is the way to go
Hi, after joining Lit Fibre I have bought a Grandstream Voip phone and subscribed to A&A. However despite help from A&A I cannot receive incoming calls. A&A assure me that their service can be made to work over NAT and to contact Lit Fibre tech support. However Lit Fibre tech support just tell me to pay £5 a month for static IP address. This seems like just an easy money spinner for Lit Fibre? Not impressed. Can anyone help please?

Associate
I moved my home phone to Voipfone, I am using the supplied Lit Fibre router with the standard CGNat login with a Siemens DECT phone with no problems.

The line should work with A&A with have you tried a different handset, who setup the phone hardware for you.

The setup guide below from voipfone maybe some help to you.

Associate
You have IPv6 and A&A support IPv6 on their SIP product, so focus on getting that to work
Thanks Caged. Yeah I have tried several times to get the phone to try and use ipv6 but the Lit Fibre router connections status page shows the phone only in the ipv4 list not the ipv6 list? In fact if I select for the phone to use only IPV6 rather than both the phone loses its registration connection. Wish I knew how to make this work.

Associate
I moved my home phone to Voipfone, I am using the supplied Lit Fibre router with the standard CGNat login with a Siemens DECT phone with no problems.

The line should work with A&A with have you tried a different handset, who setup the phone hardware for you.

The setup guide below from voipfone maybe some help to you.

Thanks Simon, Im not sure if Voiphone is less fussy but A&A help pages repeatedly say that getting their service to work over a NAT router is not guaranteed to work. I checked the settings you linked to and they appear only basic advice for the grandstream phone. As I said I can make outgoing calls but not receive incoming. I bought the phone as it was well reviewed for its price. A&A are not blaming the phone but are saying the fault is with LIT fibre's implementation of NAT. I can see that my router page says that its NAt type is "Port Restricted Cone NAT STUN." Is that a setting I can change somewhere or is there a setting on the phone I can amend to make it work on incoming calls?

Associate
Thanks Simon, Im not sure if Voiphone is less fussy but A&A help pages repeatedly say that getting their service to work over a NAT router is not guaranteed to work. I checked the settings you linked to and they appear only basic advice for the grandstream phone. As I said I can make outgoing calls but not receive incoming. I bought the phone as it was well reviewed for its price. A&A are not blaming the phone but are saying the fault is with LIT fibre's implementation of NAT. I can see that my router page says that its NAt type is "Port Restricted Cone NAT STUN." Is that a setting I can change somewhere or is there a setting on the phone I can amend to make it work on incoming calls?

I just followed the guide for my phone and it just worked

Where is on your router page does it says that its NAt type is "Port Restricted Cone NAT STUN.", I can not see that on my router?

You could try the Voipfone Free Trials (including Voipfone Unlimited) include 15 minutes of calls to UK landlines or mobiles, to enable you to try out the included services. To make more calls, you can either top up your account with calling credit, or upgrade your trial to its paid-for equivalent. Just to confirm that it will work or it and get some free support.

How long have you signed up for the A&A?

Associate
I just followed the guide for my phone and it just worked

Where is on your router page does it says that its NAt type is "Port Restricted Cone NAT STUN.", I can not see that on my router?

You could try the Voipfone Free Trials (including Voipfone Unlimited) include 15 minutes of calls to UK landlines or mobiles, to enable you to try out the included services. To make more calls, you can either top up your account with calling credit, or upgrade your trial to its paid-for equivalent. Just to confirm that it will work or it and get some free support.

How long have you signed up for the A&A?

Thanks Simon, its my bad - the NAT type is shown on the Network page of my grandstream phone, not the router. Sorry. I did not know about the free trial available. Yes it sounds to be worth a try. Just very annoyed that Ive already paid A&A £15 to port my landline number to them. Not locked into a contract but would have stayed if it worked!

Associate
Thanks Simon, its my bad - the NAT type is shown on the Network page of my grandstream phone, not the router. Sorry. I did not know about the free trial available. Yes it sounds to be worth a try. Just very annoyed that Ive already paid A&A £15 to port my landline number to them. Not locked into a contract but would have stayed if it worked!

Give it a try and if it works, you know that the problem must be with A&A setup, if does not then it could be your hardware.

Associate
All sorted in the end, they actually accommodated the MAC address of my router instead of having to spoof that of the original router.
What magic words did you use to get them to agree to pinning your router's MAC address?
:cry:

All my remote stuff stopped working a couple of weeks ago, when I discovered that my supposedly-static IP address had changed and broke all my public DNS records. Been having a back and forth with tech support and they say it's company policy not to use the MAC address of 3rd-party routers, so I've actually been in the shared pool this whole time.

My router doesn't support MAC address spoofing and if I bridge then I lose all my mesh functionality, so if you've actually got this working I'd love to know how! Don't relish the idea of using their supplied kit or having to replace my whole network...

Associate
My Sky contract coming to an end in February, I discovered this promotion accidentally and to be honest it is very tempting but I am only worried about the second modem box outside of my wall, can they not remove the previous one and fit theirs through existing hole plus another cable running from nearest pole. :(

https://imgur.com/a/evIZNBE

Caporegime
They are not allowed to remove Openreach infrastructure. Technically neither are you, but you could if you wanted to. If you wanted the Openreach FTTP cable removing then you need to ask Openreach to take that down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom