Lit Fibre

Associate
I have just sign up today with them for 6 months free via live chat on a 24 months contract for the Lit 500 at £27, being installed on the 26th June. I was informed that the offer was ending on the 6th June.

I have a question was the fibre cable pulled first before the home installation date.

Last edited:
Caporegime
All FTTP aims to be a single visit, it's only multiple visits if there's a problem found like your duct is blocked or the drop from the pole is obstructed by trees.

Associate
My install was today, a guy turned up on Thursday and ran the cable from the post across the street (it's going through the branches of a tree so possibly the reason for the separate visit!)

Was all totally hassle free and plugged straight in to my existing router's WAN Ethernet port.

I'm getting around 400 up/down (500mbps package), I didn't test on the stock router before switching it so may be just that my Draytek 2860 can't handle more (is showing 88% CPU usage on the dashboard while downloading from steam).
I might plug it back in to the Lit router later and see if it's any different, but I'm happy with that as-is and not going to spend hundreds on a newer router with comparable features (at least for now)

Associate
Has anyone with Lit Fibre noticed any connectivity issues in the last week or two, specifically (as far as I can tell), with Google hosted services?

I'm intermittently getting timeouts or content not loading when accessing things such as YouTube, Google Maps (direct and with services that use the Google Maps API), Google Fonts, Google Search etc.

It occurs on all devices on the Wi-Fi network, but I can switch to mobile data on my phone and the same services load instantly on the same device.

Any ideas?

Associate
Associate
Has anyone with Lit Fibre noticed any connectivity issues in the last week or two, specifically (as far as I can tell), with Google hosted services?

I'm intermittently getting timeouts or content not loading when accessing things such as YouTube, Google Maps (direct and with services that use the Google Maps API), Google Fonts, Google Search etc.

It occurs on all devices on the Wi-Fi network, but I can switch to mobile data on my phone and the same services load instantly on the same device.

Any ideas?

Yes I had problems with connectivity issue with YouTube and a few other sites after I had my line installed last week.

I spoke to support and was informed that few other people were having the same issues. I had to reset my router after support changed a few settings over the weekend.

Internet working much better now but my wife is still having a few issues

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, having the same issues. I'm on a static IP. I'm also not using the LitFibre router and was blaming that until now. Now I just don't know :rolleyes:

I've had routing problems before, I'm in Chippenham where are you?

Last edited:
Associate
I just called Lit Fibre support and the lady I spoke to said she'd escalate the issue to the engineers to call me back, and also that it was a known issue that others are having and it is being investigated now.

I'm hoping for a quick resolution as part of my job is working with Google Maps API (not to mention my kid complaining about YouTube not working!).

Associate
Yes, having the same issues. I'm on a static IP. I'm also not using the LitFibre router and was blaming that until now. Now I just don't know :rolleyes:

I've had routing problems before, I'm in Chippenham where are you?

I am in Evesham and using the supplied router with CGNAT login.

Associate
I've had a few instances of buffering on YouTube on AndroidTV (on both NVIDIA Shields), however I have been putting that down to using SmartTube (Youtube replacement) I too have a static IP, running my own recursive DNS, though haven't really bothered looking in to the cause as it usually rectifies itself and I'm lazy ;)

Associate
I just called Lit Fibre support and the lady I spoke to said she'd escalate the issue to the engineers to call me back, and also that it was a known issue that others are having and it is being investigated now.

I'm hoping for a quick resolution as part of my job is working with Google Maps API (not to mention my kid complaining about YouTube not working!).

Where are you based

Associate
Hmm, I hadn't thought much of it, but youtube did say I was offline earlier when I first opened it, but I hit refresh around 20s later and it loaded fine. It's also taken a couple of seconds longer than usual to load a couple of times but as I only had Lit installed yesterday I hadn't thought much of it...

Back
Top Bottom