Lit Fibre

Soldato
Anyone using their own router, i.e an unifi USG with lit? I'm running into a double NAT issue where my USG has an internal address 100.72.xx.xx but my external address is 188.74.xx.xx. I'm not using the supplied modem and have the USG connected to the ONT.

Edit: Never mind, seems they are using CGNAT. Time to stump up £5 pm for the static IP.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, having the same issues. I'm on a static IP. I'm also not using the LitFibre router and was blaming that until now. Now I just don't know :rolleyes:

I've had routing problems before, I'm in Chippenham where are you?
How are you getting on with Lit now? Are you in CPN or CPS? I'm in CPN. My BT is up next month and the Lit 1000 for £40, 18 month contract (half price for first six months) seems a pretty good deal compared to the £50 I'm paying for 500mb just now. I'll be opting for a static IP and using my own ER-X

Associate
How are you getting on with Lit now? Are you in CPN or CPS? I'm in CPN.
Not sure I know how to answer that, CPN or CPS? I'm on the west side near the rugby club if that's the answer?

LitFibre is working well for me these days, more than happy. So much so I renewed on a 24 month deal. Dropped from 1000 to 500 as nothing , apart from Steam, ever really got over the 500 meg speeds.

Soldato
Not sure I know how to answer that, CPN or CPS? I'm on the west side near the rugby club if that's the answer?

LitFibre is working well for me these days, more than happy. So much so I renewed on a 24 month deal. Dropped from 1000 to 500 as nothing , apart from Steam, ever really got over the 500 meg speeds.
Sorry mate thought you'd know what CPS/CPN was living in 'Nam. Cepen Park North/South, I'm up near Morrisons.

Currently on 500 now but being greedy going for the 500, think it's the same price though so might just go with the 1000. How was your install and how long did it take to get it done? My contract doesn't run out till end on Oct so I'd like to get in in and have a bit of overlap to make sure it's all running properly. The only thing that puts me off is having another ONT in the living room but it will be hidden by the telly.

Associate
Sorry mate thought you'd know what CPS/CPN was living in 'Nam. Cepen Park North/South, I'm up near Morrisons.
LOL, I'm in neither. Sat between the 2 though.

It was all very new over this side of town when I signed up, March/April last year. Initial install was delayed but when it happened the 2 guys were very efficient. The admin team though forgot I was to have a static IP so I had to speak to support to fix that. The phone was answered quickly and the static IP sorted 10 mins later.

Soldato
Think I'm going to go with the 500 deal as the 1000 probably overkill for me. Only thing I'm thinking about is cgnat but I only play WoW/Guild Wars so should be ok for that, don't port forward anything either but will be using my ER-X router.

@picnic not sure if you can recommend me but message me if you can/want to as you might get some more freebie time

Soldato
Have they finished yet? All working OK?
Yes, took engineer longer than usual as he had to pull the cable though again, bless him.

Quite a smart install compared to my BT one, cables clipped down and covers placed over wires.

Had to change my ER-X router over to DHCP but done no problem. Speedtest shows the following:

Lit Router - DL/UL 513/457
ER-X - DL/UL 420/451

Not sure what's happening with the ER-X speeds cos I got DL 520 with BT. He did mention give it 24/48 hrs to settle but I didn't think fibre had to settle?

All seems to be working though so happy days, time to cancel BT :)

Associate
Good it's in and tidy, can't help I'm afraid with why the ER-X doesn't do as well as the supplied router. Just got 490/467 via an OpnSense VM on a J4125 based PC while streaming the snooker.

Caporegime
I run Lit 500 through an ER-X-SFP and get 550Mbps downloads any time I test it. I do have the Lit ONT connected to the SFP port though using a Finisar RJ45 SFP, there's no reason for doing this other than I had it so I can't say if it makes a difference in performance.

Associate
Hi All,

I have my install booked with Lit for tomorrow morning. As I'm going to be using my own pfSense router can anyone tell me what the subnet prefix is for the IPv6 range that gets allocated? I've read somewhere that it's a /62 but just want to make sure while I'm configuring the DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation size.

Caporegime
0455Spt.png

Associate
After reading through the trustpilot reviews and this forum I'm 99% sure I'm going to sign up to Lit Fibre. I see there is a recommend a friend option on the website.

Please send me a private message if you are interested as we both get a month free.

Back
Top Bottom