Lit Fibre

Caporegime
This is how everything else is configured:

ZAmz6Xl.png

7ZhuLxx.png

GiTlUrw.png

FZ3DGFK.png

Associate
I used their router for the first couple of weeks, when I swapped over to my OpnSense one I had to spoof the MAC address so it was the same as the supplied router. I then got the correct IP again.

Caporegime
I never did anything with MAC addresses, I had their supplied router for about five minutes and then moved the cable over with no problems.

Caporegime
Yes

For what it's worth Lit seem to operate their regions as separate networks and they might work differently. My IP shows in a WHOIS as "East-Prefixes-2".

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all.

I've decided to get lit fibre installed (100mb and static IP) and they are turning up tomorrow to install. Couple of questions please for those who have already had an install?

I'll end up with two white boxes, one being the ONT Terminal and the second being the modem router - is this correct?

The cable between the terminal and the modem, is this a regular ethernet cable?

Can we use our own modem/routers, if so, which ones have been tested by the community? I've had a good experience with ASUS in the past.

Thanks

Associate
Regular Ethernet cable, in fact due to positioning they used one of my cables as their's was too short.

I use an OpnSense firewall. I had to clone the Lit Fibre router's MAC address to get the correctly allocated static IP but if you read a couple of posts above Caged didn't

Associate
I'm having some trouble setting up the router with the Lit Modem. I've got a GliNet mini router GL-AR300M that I'm trying to setup before getting a bigger (and better) router but I'm getting a little confused as I've never had a static IP before.

Any hints/tips would be well received. Thanks

Caporegime
You don't set the static IP, you let DHCP assign you it. I changed from an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X to a pfSense box a couple of weeks ago and I've never had to clone MAC addresses or anything like that.

Associate
Just had Lit installed and running with a TP Archer C9 as read the wifi wasn’t really great but the range still isn’t quite enough in a couple of areas. Has anyone tried Lit with a mesh system (not the Lit one as not fancying renting the units)? Was wondering about the TP Deco as not wanting to spend a fortune.

Associate
Hi. I've recently signed up to to Lit Fibre.

I managed to get myself a second hand set of TP Deco M5 (charity shop bargain!). I didn't know if someone could help with the setup?

I wasn't sure which Internet Connection type I should be selecting when setting up the decos?

Dynamic IP
PPPOE
Static IP
L2TP
PPTP
DS-Lite

Any help would be much appreciated

Associate
Thank you very much for the quick response.

Reading through the thread I think I've found an answer to another issue. I've had a plex server running for years which my dad accesses remotely for films etc. Since joining Lit, he's not been able to connect. Would I need to look into static IP?

Associate
Evening all,

I have been with Lit broadband for about three months now with a few issues but they have been good and resolved them. I used to be with BT with say 55mb which I used to play on my xbox with an open nat type and if I downloaded anything the speed would be about 14mbps..... I have 1gb with lit and when downloading COD for instance the speed goes from 150mbps and rapidly declines pretty much straightaway and sits normally around 4-8 mbps which is slower than BT was and the NAT type is always on moderate. My Xbox one is hard wired in and my sons xbox upstairs that's on wifi seems to download quicker.

I have spoke with LIT who have tried several things which hasn't helped and looked into the xbox side of things and I cannot get it higher.... I was wondering if a different router may help or if anyone has any ideas what I could try? Static IP? I have no idea's left so thought I may just see if anyone had any suggestions.....:)

Associate
Just had Lit installed and running with a TP Archer C9 as read the wifi wasn’t really great but the range still isn’t quite enough in a couple of areas. Has anyone tried Lit with a mesh system (not the Lit one as not fancying renting the units)? Was wondering about the TP Deco as not wanting to spend a fortune.
I'm using the BT Whole Home mesh AP's. It's the older Wi-Fi5 802.11ac units but I've got no issues with coverage or holding a Teams call while roaming between access points.

Associate
Evening all,

I have been with Lit broadband for about three months now with a few issues but they have been good and resolved them. I used to be with BT with say 55mb which I used to play on my xbox with an open nat type and if I downloaded anything the speed would be about 14mbps..... I have 1gb with lit and when downloading COD for instance the speed goes from 150mbps and rapidly declines pretty much straightaway and sits normally around 4-8 mbps which is slower than BT was and the NAT type is always on moderate. My Xbox one is hard wired in and my sons xbox upstairs that's on wifi seems to download quicker.

I have spoke with LIT who have tried several things which hasn't helped and looked into the xbox side of things and I cannot get it higher.... I was wondering if a different router may help or if anyone has any ideas what I could try? Static IP? I have no idea's left so thought I may just see if anyone had any suggestions.....:)
A static IP might well help the NAT type. By default Lit are using CGNAT and that can cause no end of issues with this kind of stuff (even more so if you've got multiple XBOX's). I've got a static IP and after a little config work on my pfSense router for uPnP I've got Open NAT reported on both my XBox consoles and my daughter's Nintendo Switch.

Back
Top Bottom