Logitech G to Collaborate with Herman Miller

Associate
I’m also thinking about finally jumping to a Herman Miller...

now be honest with me here. Does it really make your back feel so much better or does part of you think “jeez, I just smashed £1k on a chair”?

I’m currently in a secret lab and occasionally suffer with lower back pain. Although I cannot say this is directly chair related or just because I’m officially an old man.

Soldato
Mine has just arrived (4 days from order to door)
The box only just fit through the front door and you need some space to open it (about the same footprint in front of the box). Some clever packaging going on there.

Time to get this beauty set up.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Mine has just arrived (4 days from order to door)
The box only just fit through the front door and you need some space to open it (about the same footprint in front of the box). Some clever packaging going on there.

Time to get this beauty set up.

Wait you have yours already what! I only got the shipping email today.

Soldato
Wait you have yours already what! I only got the shipping email today.

Yep. After reading everything on here about it taking a few weeks, I was surprised when my missus said it would be here the next day.
It may depend on the courier route as she came into say she had been tracking it and it had gone past the junctions on the motorway for our house and was heading to Portsmouth. An hour later, a van pulled up with a friendly driver.

Very happy with it.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Yep. After reading everything on here about it taking a few weeks, I was surprised when my missus said it would be here the next day.
It may depend on the courier route as she came into say she had been tracking it and it had gone past the junctions on the motorway for our house and was heading to Portsmouth. An hour later, a van pulled up with a friendly driver.

Very happy with it.

Turned up today. Same, guy was super friendly, offered to take the box away or take it inside if needed, I was halfway through prepping food so told him just leave it all on the drive.

Initial impressions, the packaging is great.

The chair itself is super comfy but making my back hurt a little, im guessing that actually being in a correct posture is a novelty for my back and neck. Fortunately 2 weeks now to see if that sorts it out or not and im going to be logging some serious hours in it.

Being a skinnier person I can feel, but not to great discomfort the back contact points on the chair even with the additional padding. Unsure on if that will just be an initial phase or not.

I dont like the armrests lack of rotation and how far back they (dont) go. I like to tuck my arms in when watching youtube / netflix and as of right now its weird not having somewhere I can perch my elbows on.

Right now, a 5/10. Will update every few days before crunch day on sending back or not.

Soldato
I’ve had aeron for a while now, few months. I don’t get a numb bum or feel it in my back. Normally with my other chairs I’ve had by this stage the comfort has gone if you will and my bum would be numb after an hour or so. I tried sitting on pillows on other chairs but it wasn’t comfortable for me.

So im still happy with it. Will see how it is after a year though

Soldato
Had mine for 4 months now, spend about 12 hours a day in it as working from home and its been a godsend, so much more comfortable than the Noble Epic I was using.
I think some people see it as overly expensive but will happily buy a mattress for the same price and spend the same amount of time using it.

I'm going to put an expense claim in to work as part of the WFH adjustment just to see what happens :)

Associate
Hey gus

A quick bit of context, I have a bad lower back that I’m sure is partly because of the gym and party because of the awful chairs I’ve used over the past 15 years for gaming. My current chair is a Secretlabs Omega and it’s about 2 years old, at first it was very comfortable but now my back starts to ache after an hour and I’m constantly twisting and turning to try to get comfortable, which ultimately never happens even with the lumbar cushion.

And so I’ve decided to invest in something that will help my health, rather than my fps lol

It really boils down to the Aeron or the Embody, I’m leaning more toward the Embody because from what I can tell it is comfier and more versatile as it literally moulds to any back due to its skeleton design. I know it creeks and makes noise but that won’t be an issue for me as I always wear noise cancelling headphones. I live in Northern Ireland and unfortunately I don’t have anywhere that I can test these chairs out, so I’m really going off suggestions and reviews.

Can anyone who has purchased this chair comment on their experience with it to date? Has it helped you with back pain? Is it comfy after long periods of use? I need as many pro’s and con’s as possible to make a decision.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey gus

A quick bit of context, I have a bad lower back that I’m sure is partly because of the gym and party because of the awful chairs I’ve used over the past 15 years for gaming. My current chair is a Secretlabs Omega and it’s about 2 years old, at first it was very comfortable but now my back starts to ache after an hour and I’m constantly twisting and turning to try to get comfortable, which ultimately never happens even with the lumbar cushion.

And so I’ve decided to invest in something that will help my health, rather than my fps lol

It really boils down to the Aeron or the Embody, I’m leaning more toward the Embody because from what I can tell it is comfier and more versatile as it literally moulds to any back due to its skeleton design. I know it creeks and makes noise but that won’t be an issue for me as I always wear noise cancelling headphones. I live in Northern Ireland and unfortunately I don’t have anywhere that I can test these chairs out, so I’m really going off suggestions and reviews.

Can anyone who has purchased this chair comment on their experience with it to date? Has it helped you with back pain? Is it comfy after long periods of use? I need as many pro’s and con’s as possible to make a decision.

Thanks!

You should also see if you can try out the Mirra which is cheaper than both and still a very good bit of kit. I've had mine 8 years now, and it's been great for my back. It also has the ability to slightly extend or retract the front of the seat to adjust under knee suppport, a feature which is surprisingly absent on the aeron

Soldato
I’ve had aeron for a while now, few months. I don’t get a numb bum or feel it in my back. Normally with my other chairs I’ve had by this stage the comfort has gone if you will and my bum would be numb after an hour or so. I tried sitting on pillows on other chairs but it wasn’t comfortable for me.

So im still happy with it. Will see how it is after a year though

okay so, I’ve had it for almost a year if not a year - can’t be bothered checking the invoice.

Anyway, it still the exact same. No wear and tear, still super comfy and I can sit on it for hours on end and no issue.

Sgarrista
Commissario

Use their trial period to work out if it works for you or not.

I sent mine back and switched to a steelcase gesture.

Back
Top Bottom