• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
That was in the letter I sent Windle - only to have a response that completely ignored any part of any financial recompense...in fact, pretty much ignored the whole letter...

Just dropped you a PM with another directors contact details, I'd be pushing for a refund and then buy a used one in 18 months or so when hopefully issues are ironed out and they are 50-60k.

Associate
That was in the letter I sent Windle - only to have a response that completely ignored any part of any financial recompense...in fact, pretty much ignored the whole letter...
I imagine that's how everyone would respond to if's, but's and maybe's. If a refund is your aim now, you have to be saying that firmly as the only course of action you want out of the situation!

Associate
your still well within the timeline to reject it aren't you?
I really don't know - it's a question I asked in my letter to them and their response completely ignored it (and any other query regarding compensation/costs).

It's gone to another director, so will see if that expedites a solution.

I really didn't want to get a solicitor involved, but I may have to...!

Associate
Sounds like a poor experience, hope it gets sorted, certainly the flash showroom and attentive sales guys give one impression, you only ever discover aftercare experience later.

One of my justifications for looking at the Emira right now was because I can get a nearly new car with a 20k+ discount off list and be in a new warrantied vehicle and have no concerns as its fairly known running gear so it should be a fancy sports car that is reliable, instead of buying another sensible chunky EV for the same money….sounds like that might be wishful thinking, considering the car I test drove was almost new and had it’s a-pillar hanging off for some fix and comments here about months off the road, doesn’t fill me with confidence that an Emira will deliver on that front.

Man of Honour
I really don't know - it's a question I asked in my letter to them and their response completely ignored it (and any other query regarding compensation/costs).

It's gone to another director, so will see if that expedites a solution.

I really didn't want to get a solicitor involved, but I may have to...!
&

seem to suggest you should be able to, but you need to tell them your doing it rather than ask, and maybe send it to the finance company rather than lotus at this stage.

Associate
&

seem to suggest you should be able to, but you need to tell them your doing it rather than ask, and maybe send it to the finance company rather than lotus at this stage.

Thanks for these. Thing is I had it circa 5 months before this issue although I've basically been forced to stop using it by their actions!

Also, there is no finance, I bought it outright...so Lotus is the right place to put this. I will give it another week to see if this new approach assists, then I will say I want to reject etc.

Soldato
It's a real shame to see Lotus go this way, the Exige, Elise etc. were cars I really admired. I think anyone who goes for an Eletre will have to be very brave indeed. I was behind one for about 20 miles and it drove me insane with the brake lights randomly coming on and off constantly. To the point that I simply assumed they weren't braking and ignored them! First 13 seconds of this video show what I endured for about 20 minutes straight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXIMMenezA&ab_channel=Harry'sgarage

Last edited:
Associate
It's a real shame to see Lotus go this way, the Exige, Elise etc. were cars I really admired. I think anyone who goes for an Eletre will have to be very brave indeed. I was behind one for about 20 miles and it drove me insane with the brake lights randomly coming on and off constantly. To the point that I simply assumed they weren't braking and ignored them! First 13 seconds of this video show what I endured for about 20 minutes straight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXIMMenezA&ab_channel=Harry'sgarage
In his latest Harrys Garage round-up sounds like he's had a few niggles too around 1st service time with the Emira - squeaky seat, wiper motor replacement as wasn't accepting a software update etc - think its going back for the seat replacement so sounds like there are a few quality issues creeping out.

Associate
In his latest Harrys Garage round-up sounds like he's had a few niggles too around 1st service time with the Emira - squeaky seat, wiper motor replacement as wasn't accepting a software update etc - think its going back for the seat replacement so sounds like there are a few quality issues creeping out.
To be fair, in the 2k I drove in it, I didn't really notice any interior build quality issues at all. It was a nice place to be and seemed well put together. The power steering whined at full lock which they told me "they all do"- not really an explanation but it's hardly end of the world.

What I did notice was software issues. Apple play sometimes not working. The wiper issue of not being able to go full speed. I had the dash just disappear totally (car still ran fine). And then obviously their "fix" to all this, completely borked the car!

Associate
I wish it had a convertible option.

Not sure why you would go for the 4 cylinder automatic tbh. The review sounded good........but still a bit flat overall in terms of what its offering.

OcUK Staff
I wish it had a convertible option.

Not sure why you would go for the 4 cylinder automatic tbh. The review sounded good........but still a bit flat overall in terms of what its offering.

I shall certainly want to try one in the future, I had big hopes for the V6 but was very underwhelmed from my test drive and thus cancelled my order. It felt a 300HP car and the gearing though not short just felt short, compared to my Exige 410 and 987 Spyder at the time, both were far better and more fun drivers cars and there is no way that a 15yr old 987 Porsche should be handing an Emira its backside, maybe harsh as the Cayman R and Spyder are very highly regarded but still I wanted to love the Lotus and certainly not be cancelling my order.

I also thought with all the promises of quality control and them using their tried and tested Toyota drivetrain they would be trouble free cars but owners seem plagued with all kinds of silly issues of which Lotus don't always seem great at resolving.

Still one would hope with the AMG variant along with its delays will prove to be a great car, I certainly look forward to trying one but from a driving dynamics aspect I am not sure how it could be any better or even as good as my much lighter and smaller Alpine A110S, so shall see. :)

Associate
I shall certainly want to try one in the future, I had big hopes for the V6 but was very underwhelmed from my test drive and thus cancelled my order. It felt a 300HP car and the gearing though not short just felt short, compared to my Exige 410 and 987 Spyder at the time, both were far better and more fun drivers cars and there is no way that a 15yr old 987 Porsche should be handing an Emira its backside, maybe harsh as the Cayman R and Spyder are very highly regarded but still I wanted to love the Lotus and certainly not be cancelling my order.

I also thought with all the promises of quality control and them using their tried and tested Toyota drivetrain they would be trouble free cars but owners seem plagued with all kinds of silly issues of which Lotus don't always seem great at resolving.

Still one would hope with the AMG variant along with its delays will prove to be a great car, I certainly look forward to trying one but from a driving dynamics aspect I am not sure how it could be any better or even as good as my much lighter and smaller Alpine A110S, so shall see. :)

Agreed it feels like the Alpine is providing all that is required here! The driver of the video above made it sound good...but honestly not that special. A real shame Lotus was always the pinnacle for me.

Associate
It is a shame the V6 seems a bit held back in the Emira, I mean a sports car with a hard rev cut at 6.7k when things are just getting good, what's that all about, but the thing with the Emira for me is it just looks so much better than many rival sports cars, I mean the Cayman or Alpine are nice enough in isolation, but they don't have the same supercar wow factor the Emira gives off, of course how things drive are important for a sports car but it's hardly a bad drive, you just feel it has not yet hit its potential.

Back
Top Bottom