• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Died 40 years ago this day, 16th December 1982.

XIuRCiB.jpg

Without this man there would be no Lotus.

Still one if not the most innovative engineer in the history of F1 in these times of teams for winglets this guy designed everything.

"What are those washers doing on there?"

"Take them off, I don't want them going for a free ride!"

Lightness is speed, if fragility could also be danger with some of his designs.

RIP Colin Chapman

Last edited:
Soldato
Photoshoots galore on the Emira recently. Here's just a few for you - but please follow the instagram I made for the car (in the sig below) to see the rest.

Photo-13-12-2022-13-47-09.jpg

Photo-13-12-2022-13-45-10.jpg

IG-5.png

IG-2.png

LOTUS-1.jpg

LOTUS-2.jpg

Associate
Not good! The girl I test drove with said their one needed software updates too.

Mine has been shoved again...March apparently. They admit their communication is bad, yet I had to phone them to find that out...it was due February. Well it was Due April 22, then Nov 22, then Feb 23, now March 23! I put my order in June 21, second day of release at Goodwood...! I was supposedly an early customer.

Hmmm!

Soldato
Orders are Goodwood were insane. I ordered mine the evening it was revealed, a couple of days prior to Goodwood, and ended up being the first in the world to collect from Hethel, and 8th in the UK to get a car. So, very early customer I guess!

Soldato
Please be advised that, as a result of significantly increasing costs, the Lotus Emira will later this year be subject to new pricing.
Whilst a significant level of cost increase has been absorbed and prices held since first deliveries in 2022 right the way through to summer 2023, with effect from 1 June 2023, the retail price will increase to £81,995 (incl VAT) for the Emira V6 First Edition and £77,795 (inch VAT) for the Emira First Edition 4-cylinder turbocharged variant. Full pricing details can be found on our website. Your Emira reservation is affected by this price increase, we apologisefor any disappointment this may cause.
We are fully committed to our production schedule and in the next two weeks, we will be in touch via email to update you further on the progression of your Lotus Emira.
In summer 2023, the Emir First Edition 4-cylinder turbocharged variant will begin production.
Additionally, due to overwhelming demand, we will be closing reservations for the Lotus Emira V6 First Edition. We will be sharing the exact timings soon.

Think this kills it for me. A £6k price increase due to Lotus delays. No doubt they are facing a very challenging time and significant cost increases but this just feels like a kick in the teeth.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Think this kills it for me. A £6k price increase due to Lotus delays. No doubt they are facing a very challenging time and significant cost increases but this just feels like a kick in the teeth.

Happening everywhere.

Caterham increased prices around £3000 on a base car back in October, they added another £2700 increase last week and thus making my specification £55,000 for a Caterham, a toy, LOL!

As such I basically withdrawn as the price is not held, instead will buy a used R300/SuperSport R/R400 or 360/420R as can easily get a used near new example for 30-40k so now it makes no sense to expose myself to a near 10k immediate hit and then upto 20k hit a year or two into ownership, all getting a bit silly.

Soldato
I'd be livid, they know that can flip the car to someone else and your early adoption has been rewarded with nothing. I know costs are going up, but I honestly would be fuming. A dream car delayed, and they have the audacity to increase the price rather than apologize

Permabanned
I'd be livid, they know that can flip the car to someone else and your early adoption has been rewarded with nothing. I know costs are going up, but I honestly would be fuming. A dream car delayed, and they have the audacity to increase the price rather than apologize

this ^^ you would have thought they would honor the price.

Soldato
Just cancelled my order. I'm just really really disappointed, I've been looking forward and fantasising about this car for 20 months and I just can't bring myself to pay the extra.

Looks like I'll have to keep my 911 for a while longer #FirstWorldProblems

OcUK Staff
Just cancelled my order. I'm just really really disappointed, I've been looking forward and fantasising about this car for 20 months and I just can't bring myself to pay the extra.

Looks like I'll have to keep my 911 for a while longer #FirstWorldProblems

It is a sad state of affairs, I guess they are in quite a hard place, honour the order and maybe make a loss or certainly not enough profit to cover their overheads which unfortunately for every business have absolutely rockets due to Brexit and of course now the cost of living crisis is having a really bad impact on so many companies in all sectors, unless your Shell or BP.

If any this is making used Mclaren 570S look incredible value as they can still be picked up easily for sub 80k, cheaper than an Emira for a car that is like an Exige turned upto 11, the money saved pays for warranty and servicing. Mclaren owners group has never seen so many new members joining with the increase of people buying used 540/570 cars and the 650S too.

570S no heavier than an Emira, way more power, better steering, proper carbon tub (proper hypercar stuff), beautiful weighted hydraulic steering it is easy to see why so many are starting to buy used Mclarens.

Soldato
It is a sad state of affairs, I guess they are in quite a hard place, honour the order and maybe make a loss or certainly not enough profit to cover their overheads which unfortunately for every business have absolutely rockets due to Brexit and of course now the cost of living crisis is having a really bad impact on so many companies in all sectors, unless your Shell or BP.

If any this is making used Mclaren 570S look incredible value as they can still be picked up easily for sub 80k, cheaper than an Emira for a car that is like an Exige turned upto 11, the money saved pays for warranty and servicing. Mclaren owners group has never seen so many new members joining with the increase of people buying used 540/570 cars and the 650S too.

570S no heavier than an Emira, way more power, better steering, proper carbon tub (proper hypercar stuff), beautiful weighted hydraulic steering it is easy to see why so many are starting to buy used Mclarens.

I'd keep looking at them on Autotrader but the reality was I was pushing the boat out on an Emira based on fairly predictable and low (compared to a McLaren) running costs. It was something that I could drive 8k miles a year without having to worry too much which I don't think is the case for a McLaren as much as I'd love one.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I'd keep looking at them on Autotrader but the reality was I was pushing the boat out on an Emira based on fairly predictable and low (compared to a McLaren) running costs. It was something that I could drive 8k miles a year without having to worry too much which I don't think is the case for a McLaren as much as I'd love one.

Very true.
570S is 75-85k outlay.
Servicing £900-£1600 per year
Warranty £2500 per year.

Plus other expenses. Other option is maybe a Cayman GT4 as they are back to around 60-70k region, or maybe back into something like an Evora or Exige.

Soldato
Very true.
570S is 75-85k outlay.
Servicing £900-£1600 per year
Warranty £2500 per year.

Plus other expenses. Other option is maybe a Cayman GT4 as they are back to around 60-70k region, or maybe back into something like an Evora or Exige.
As I said, it's hardly the end of the world being stuck in a 991.1 GTS for a while longer.

I really undecided what to do now, especially as once again I've ended up with two cars, even if one is a near 200k miles E61 5-series for nursery duties...

I'm thinking.
1. Keep the 911, enjoy it but with reduced mileage to stop really horrible depreciation.
2. Sell 911, £30-35k in the bank (reality will be spent on the house) and get something nice for up to £40k such as R8/M4/Grand Turismo
3. Sell 911, just use 5-series and give up on nice cars for the moment, pay off large chunk of Mortgage ahead of renewal in December when monthly payments are likely to increase significantly

I've done the Evora thing, I'm too fat and out of shape (dodgy knee) for an Exige. I was even lusting over full fat Range Rovers last weekend :eek:

Soldato
My 2p...

The price has increased. Almost every other manufacturer increased their prices last year (Porsche for example). Lotus did not. They held out as long as they could. I don't think they can be blamed for this unless we blame everything, inflation, the cost of fuel, bread, any car...

I think the car is great, sure I've had some electrical gremlins but it's sorted.

Also... new video coming soon that you will want to see ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom