• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Associate
I can finally pay for my car as of today. No surprise, but the finance has gone from 6.89% to 8.89% now which is a little bit of taking the michael as, if it had been delivered on time when they said (April '22, then Oct, then Nov, then Feb '23, now March!), I would have got the lower rate.

It still doesn't tell you an ETA, but they told me March, so I presume that is when it will be.

Nevertheless, how exciting!

Soldato
Nice one - annoying on the APR going up but everything has I guess. At least you miss the 6k price increase as of 1st June that's coming!

i.e. good for our residuals - get it done! :)

Associate
So, after all the waiting, I finally have a delivery date and it is in March! Through luck alone I've manged to get it delivered on my actual 40th Birthday. Not a bad mid-life crisis present!

They still haven't a) invoiced me for it and b) given a valuation to the car I want off my drive so I can fit this on! Whilst they've all been very nice, the customer service and keeping you in the know has been pretty poor! I hope the car was worth the near 2 year wait!

I will post some pictures in due course!

Soldato
I can finally pay for my car as of today. No surprise, but the finance has gone from 6.89% to 8.89% now which is a little bit of taking the michael as, if it had been delivered on time when they said (April '22, then Oct, then Nov, then Feb '23, now March!), I would have got the lower rate.

It still doesn't tell you an ETA, but they told me March, so I presume that is when it will be.

Nevertheless, how exciting!

This is what I had with Audi last year when ordering my GT. Just goes to show the contact you sign means nothing! Very annoyed with them over it.

Associate
Woop nice one and welcome to the club! There's still so few about I've never seen another yet in nearly 5 months of ownership!

Yup I've still not seen one and I drive a lot for my work. It's a really nice car but I think there are some teething issues. I've noticed corrosion on the brakes on the left side of the car which appears to be faulty pads potentially from being sat in the elements.

Soldato
The list of 'teething issues' I have had will make you weep I'm afraid! I've had the car 5 months, and only had it about 2.5 of those to actually use... Still it's great fun when I have it.

Associate
It's been a while since an update on this one...and it's not a good one.

I've not had my car since the August BH due to a software issue after they took the car back for recalls and niggles I'd outlined (the latter weren't really sorted to my satisfaction such as the rust/marks on the discs as they said they were "safe"). This was at my cost via a transporter.

IT came back whilst I was away and I used it on the bank holiday only to have it not start on me - cue it goes back to the dealer and has been there ever since.

I even wrote to Matt Windle which got me a generic response from some customer service clown. The response was as if she hadn't even read my letter and the last sentence summed it up "I can get you into a hire car in the meantime so that you can remain mobile, please let me know your thoughts?" - I'd had a hire car from the start - initially a Kia Xceed (hideous) and then after moaning, an A200 AMG (not great but FAR better). That last correspondence was 30/11 and said the car would be back to me mid/late December. I chased on 22/12 and, surprise surprise, they've not responded further, nor do I have my car.

Their customer service is dreadful and all the time it is costing them about £2,100 a month for the hire car and mine is sat doing nothing with insurance and tax running on it - the latter being the super tax for the first year so that has cost me around £1k without having the car...

All in, not a great experience with them and I now wish I'd put my money to another manufacturer or sold the slot on...

Associate
It's been a while since an update on this one...and it's not a good one.

I've not had my car since the August BH due to a software issue after they took the car back for recalls and niggles I'd outlined (the latter weren't really sorted to my satisfaction such as the rust/marks on the discs as they said they were "safe"). This was at my cost via a transporter.

IT came back whilst I was away and I used it on the bank holiday only to have it not start on me - cue it goes back to the dealer and has been there ever since.

I even wrote to Matt Windle which got me a generic response from some customer service clown. The response was as if she hadn't even read my letter and the last sentence summed it up "I can get you into a hire car in the meantime so that you can remain mobile, please let me know your thoughts?" - I'd had a hire car from the start - initially a Kia Xceed (hideous) and then after moaning, an A200 AMG (not great but FAR better). That last correspondence was 30/11 and said the car would be back to me mid/late December. I chased on 22/12 and, surprise surprise, they've not responded further, nor do I have my car.

Their customer service is dreadful and all the time it is costing them about £2,100 a month for the hire car and mine is sat doing nothing with insurance and tax running on it - the latter being the super tax for the first year so that has cost me around £1k without having the car...

All in, not a great experience with them and I now wish I'd put my money to another manufacturer or sold the slot on...
Any chance at this stage of a refund, not fit for purpose? It's depressing when you go through all the trouble and effort of being able to afford such a car and you can't even physically have it for more than 5 minutes...

Associate
Any chance at this stage of a refund, not fit for purpose? It's depressing when you go through all the trouble and effort of being able to afford such a car and you can't even physically have it for more than 5 minutes...

That was in the letter I sent Windle - only to have a response that completely ignored any part of any financial recompense...in fact, pretty much ignored the whole letter...

Back
Top Bottom