Associate
OP
FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

cV1zSbI.jpg

PWJiJqV.png

[REDACTED]

wllCm7L.jpg

So today was my birthday and what better way to celebrate than to finish up the motherboard and spray the matching Keyboard,in this instance the Corsair K65 tenkeyless (Pics will be forthcoming)

I also need to look at replacements for the MIPS hold down bolts as the stock ones are not pretty....

Seeing as no one will see the back,I had a little fun....

mvkgwJb.jpg

17nhuiG.jpg

To tidy up the edge of the card PCB I used 1.5mm Vinyl,easily removed it the card requires RMA!

O11LCPS.jpg

3DShM2y.jpg

And finally,I welcome E22 to this build! Nate has supplied me with my usual Ultraclear again,It is my usual for a very good reason...

H5gndAM.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
nice paint job on the mobo

Needs more Magoo.

Looks lush as usual.

Everything is better with more Magoo....

But in the meantime...

I got the RAM today,a total bargain of Amazon!
4x4Gb of Crucial Ballistix 1600 (Remember this is a gaming PC),I know these sticks can hit [email protected] with some tweaking so I think I had a result!

Obviously,the stickers are staying till I test them,I am normally lucky with hardware but RAM....well.....you know....

DOLxbVD.jpg

If only both sides were like this......

CdTtzxq.jpg

w2zqDQN.jpg

DkTZnFR.jpg

Now,because the branding is discreet,im in a quandary...Do i marble DIMMS or just leave them vanilla?

l0NMMoo.jpg

NmkuyeD.jpg

Sq2nbW6.jpg

734SEPs.jpg

My head says yes..and some stripes in the recesses to boot but the black chunky HS look is hard to ignore....

Soldato
I think the ram looks great as is. Would be interesting to see both versions side by side though!

Cracking looking build so far, nice to see something a bit different.

Associate
OP
I think the ram looks great as is. Would be interesting to see both versions side by side though!

Cracking looking build so far, nice to see something a bit different.

Exactly,this is a breath of fresh air!

The tray has arrived from E22,this is a sacrificial tray mainly for checking the clearances and the hole positions are correct. thankfully they are but I realized I can move the mobo 5mm forward and 10mm up,making more space for the rads/fans.

ztKmI6C.jpg

The mobo is hard up against the PSU bay,only 4mm clearance.

3BayGN8.jpg

The GPU's are just resting in there until the 11m standoffs arrive and I can use the pillars that Kier thoughtfully sent me from his banchetto.

v0a8wLc.jpg

iMCfq2d.jpg

My camera definitely doesnt like the fluro paint at all!

Associate
OP
FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

PvGFE0e.png

PWJiJqV.png

[REDACTED]

wllCm7L.jpg

And its my pleasure to thank the great folks @ Be Quiet for providing the fans and PSU for this rig!

be-quiet-logo.jpg

DcoPSMM.jpg

After using their Powerzone range of PSU's,I decided I would like to use them again for this rig,this time I selected the Dark Power PSU of the 850w variety.
Now,I can see many folks asking why did I go with a semi modular unit,This unit only has the 24pin hardwired and,seeing as im stripping it for paint,its no hardship for me to sleeve.

Anyway,to the pics.

Fans,normally I would have gone straight to Alpenfohn but this time,because the PSU fan will be visible,I went with Be Quiet Silent Wings PWM so they all match up.

8Mtujyu.jpg

Nice rubberized corner mounts...or there are single side flush mounts.

c8h2WZF.jpg

VVCSTRm.jpg

7iVVp8U.jpg

oObSq7R.jpg

A very solid feeling fan,I am impressed,much more solid feeling than my usual choices with a nice weight,rubberized rings around the intake/output for noise dampening when up hard against the case,a very nice touch!

And the PSU!

This was exciting for me,I have seen this PSU before but not in the flesh,I was very pleasantly surprised with the build quality of this unit,from the paint to the packaging,all very clean and fuss free.

y6rDtj3.jpg

Obm2tNf.jpg

vLS4X4G.jpg

NSzvl5m.jpg

sXwaMhJ.jpg

BG7j87S.jpg

A little gadget for switching from multi to single rail.

trxILgv.jpg

Its almost a sorry thing to strip it for paint,I originally thought the side panels were stickered up but they are not,the logo plates are a knurled finish on black and look great so im masking them off and keeping them.

The fans.....are a secret for now,I am puzzled on how to get the fan hubs off,I may have to mask the gaps and spray the whole fan.

Chime in if you know how to get the hub off without a hammer!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is looking great! Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

4etX6u4.jpg

Sponsored by!

pX15ZYK.jpg

BbvC0XG.png

[REDACTED]

8rdf8v3.jpg

Rg4RcEV.jpg

Another update...they seem to be coming thick and fast!

The fans...well,I had a change of plan,I ditched the idea of painting the blades and hubs as I had a better,more discreet idea instead.

Vxqu4e4.jpg

6OGGz77.jpg

I followed this thru on to the PSU.

C73fjRr.jpg

mObw3Pu.jpg

Initially, the PSU was going to be painted but...the top cover has the fan guard welded in so I cant separate them to paint. The rest of the chassis cant really be seen so,I compromised a little and went for a desticker and a fan ring to tie it all together.

Looking at it,im glad I went this way.

The largest thumb screws ever packed with a PSU!

S8tJtKw.jpg

I also got to work on the peripherals,im still planning the graphics for these and the KB needs some low profile key caps but....its YELLOW!!

bPk6lQF.jpg

yZpCTZd.jpg

Thankfully,that recessed Corsair logo is easily removable for paint! Masking recessed stuff is a pain!​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
One day you will look at it and say I hate yellow.
What about a tartan colour scheme. :)
Amazing build by the way.

Very likely...but not yet!

:D

The tray is at a stage where im ready to send the parts off to the machinists,E22 for the Steel and PARVUM for the Acrylic.

Only a few little thing to do,mainly marking out cable guide screw holes etc.

First renders of tray with inbuilt res.....

FQXbxIK.jpg

alyYDIe.jpg

Associate
OP
All the fans gets the striped treatment and I had a go with a new white rather than black background,I also moved all my photo kit into the loft and added another light.

HLrhVle.jpg

BgXZiA6.jpg

AquupRN.jpg

v6pBZdB.jpg

Much clearer and the yellow looks yellow!

Back
Top Bottom