Magic the Gathering (MtG)

Soldato
Started getting into MTG, Been playing Magic 2015 and then bought a fatpack and deckbuilders at the weekend.

and then....

proceeded to spend about £100 on singles, dice, counters, sleeves etc shortly after that.

FML im going to be ruined!

Associate
If you have a local store, they are likely running a "Battle For Zendikar" (the new set) launch party this weekend. There will be draft and sealed tournaments - it's a good way to pick up some new cards, play some games on a (relatively) even playing field, and meet the local crowd.

Also, they will probably find ways to make you accidentally spend more money on sleeves, dice, counters etc. while you're there.

Soldato
I've got my fat pack and booster box on preorder, I'm not holding my breath on the fat pack, I've already had one cancelled... I starting playing with m10 and zendikar so this is a really nostalgic set for me, I recon I'll be finding a way to manage a second booster box... I wish I had a cheap hobby....

Permabanned
BFZ Is here!

I have a booster box and all 5 intro decks on the way in the post. Me and two mates were on the way home from Uni and stopped into a local gaming shop and we bought a Fatpack between us! We split the lands (each got 16 of a single colour and then 5 of the other 2 colours) and we got 3 boosters each.

I managed to get 2 gold foils as well as a mythic rare out of my 3 packs:

Image.ashx

Very happy with it, chances are I will sell it, should get £10-£15 for it ... but would be nice to have a planeswalker in my deck, but unless I got 4 I wouldn't really see him played much. Or should I keep hold of him if his price would be going up?

Soldato
Had my booster box and fat pack delivered today and split the opening with my wife.

Between us we are very happy (we will combine all cards and try to build a good balanced deck each)

Main pulls were 1x Ulamog the ceaseless hunger
1x Gideon
1x On Nixilis
2x drana liberator of malakir
3x Nissas renewal (1 of which was a foil)
2x Oran rief hydra

Now we could above them on eBay and get a good chunk of our money back but we are going to play with them a bit first see how they play.

I may sell Ulamog just as I don't think it would work well in our games (as we only play each other one of us having such a game winning card means the other must always play with a counter available)

Also got the board game delivered too which I think we will play tonight if we get chance.

Associate
Yeah, sell whatever you don't want/need. gives you extra money for single cards you might want to spice up your deck.

Mine came. temptation is unreal not opening them haha
unnamed%20(1).jpg

Associate
Ah I usually get about 3 or 4 boxes. Pick the ones I want and sell the rest. Usually get my money back or make money. I remember I sold a foil nissa, worldwaker for the same price as a whole box haha. Prices have gone down now, but strike while the iron is hot and it's easy. Plus you get the excitement of opening boosters. My mates got about 3 boxes too and another mate has a couple. Will be a grand opening night!

Associate
cool :) Sometimes only need 1 or 2 cards and it has paid for the box which be especially true with the expeditions. I do love watching the unboxing on youtube.

Out of 2 pre-releases got nothing good rare rise... Angelic captain and some of the new lands.. no mythics.
I got a box on Friday, as was itching while I wait for my case.

In the box got:
Omnath, locus of rage
Ob Nixilis Reignited
Greenwarden of murasa
ulamog, the ceaseless hunger (I went against this on pre-release soo nasty)
Drana, Liberator of Malkir

Permabanned
+100 for selling whatever you wont use, heck, sell anything worth over £10. You'd need a play set to be useful in a deck (unless your playing commander) anyway.

Ulamog does look like a monster, is pretty much GG if he comes out.

Associate
Opened them all. Will get a pic up tonight or tomorrow. But mythics along I'm already up. Cream of the crop being the Stomping Ground which is worth about £50-60. So pretty much the price of a box.

Associate
Opened my Fat Pack, nothing crazy to report but easily broke even. Wish I'd had spare cash for a booster box but, ah well. Maybe next release in...15 (?) weeks time!

Associate
Waiting for my booster boxes & event deck to arrive. My fat pack had the following:

• Smoldering Marsh
  • Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
  • Aligned Hedron Network
  • Woodland Wanderer
  • Oran-Rief Hydra
  • Beastcaller Savant
  • Ruinous Path
  • Exert Influence
  • Lantern Scout
  • Void Winnower

Soldato
ordered second booster box with the sales of 9 cards from the previous one and fatpack (plus £30 profit)

Im not doing it to make money as i enjoy opening the packs and its nice to still have 20+ rares/mythics in the collection along with all the commons/uncommons that we play with, but if this one gives similar results it would be difficult not to do so.

i might look into pauper decks that we can build to compete against each other as we want good decks but im not willing to start spening £100's just for my wife and I.

Associate
Sorry guys, totally forgot!

IMG_1131.JPG

Since then, some have been traded, but i've still got a good selection. had about 12 dual lands worth around £5 each. Not too shabby! i've also got half the price of another booster box in e-wallet funds on magic madhouse, so i'll most likely get another next week.

If you guys are after any cards, you can let me know and i can always put them up in the MM.

Back
Top Bottom