Marvel Heroes

Caporegime
OP
Right ok, so even though it's £40 to get the pack and I get £36 of in game currency does that mean I'm £4 short of buying another pack or is there different values?

I don't think these packs will exist once the game is launched, and no idea if there will be packs in game or what they would cost.

I got the X-Force pack, so I get 4 heroes and an extra costume for each for essentially £4, and £36 to spend on other things once the game goes live.

How big is the client? Dunno if its worth downloading for one night.

10GB

Associate
Cheers I found out in the end, there's a roster button down the bottom that lets you swap characters in and out once you've bought them or found them, but they start from level 1 with the same inventory in the same place you swap them out.

It's ok I guess, it didn't instantly hook me like I had hoped but some of the niggles I have are down to the fact it's beta I reckon.

Associate
Cheers I found out in the end, there's a roster button down the bottom that lets you swap characters in and out once you've bought them or found them, but they start from level 1 with the same inventory in the same place you swap them out.

It's ok I guess, it didn't instantly hook me like I had hoped but some of the niggles I have are down to the fact it's beta I reckon.

Yes just press T and you will see all your heroes which you have purchased or picked up.

Your others heroes do not gain levels if you playing Iron Man, you have to play them individually to gain xp.

That is one issue I have with the game. The same inventory for all your heroes, so you for ever selling stuff to make space for your drops. You do have a bank back at Avengers Tower but that fills up very quick too. The other small issue I have is that crafting material does not stack.

Soldato
Tried it for a couple hours yesterday and I enjoyed it. I'll probably grab a pack at some point and have a good bash at it. I didn't get as far as needing a group. I just wonder how cynical it will be wih in-game purchases - the whole micro-transactions thing is starting to grate....but it seems the public is willing to pay, so it's not going away.

Soldato
It's not a 3rd person MMO though, it's fixed isometric camera ala Diablo, with large public maps, smaller group instances, and solo instances.

Best way to explain it.

I belive (unless I have missunderstood) you can solo the whole game on release too (with no online interaction).

Either way, what I have played so far I have enjoyed. What level is everyone at?

Associate
Best way to explain it.

I belive (unless I have missunderstood) you can solo the whole game on release too (with no online interaction).

Either way, what I have played so far I have enjoyed. What level is everyone at?

Yes ARPG with a touch of MMO.

Highest is 14 and a lot around the 10/11. Trying each hero before I purchase a pack. I also don't want to see too much of the game before launch.

Back
Top Bottom