Marvel Heroes

Soldato
Yep, it's a useful gizmo, that.

15% bonus G sale at the moment if anyone's planning to spend actual money, and the Megawhale level is back too (28750G for £136, which is enough to buy more than half the roster plus their STASH tabs).

Doom hits the TC this weekend with the intent of launching him for Anniversary Week, which is the first week of June. Last year Anniversary Week included a cake hunt - like Cosmic Worldstones or ARMOR Drives, but 365 cake slices trade in for a full cake which gives loot equivalent to an Odin burst - and culminated with every event being turned on at the same time. If the same happens this year you won't be able to move for magenta items and cosmic gear and by the end of the week you'll be able to run cosmic 1-60 in maybe six hours if you're fully boosted. Fix up a catheter and have the CPR paddles ready is my advice.

Soldato
TODAY BELONGS TO DOOM

... on the TC, anyway. Reports are that he's a bit clunky (it's the metal armour), but there's still time to fix that before release next week. He's a triple-hybrid with a summoner tree, two secondary resources, three signatures, and the most hilariously overblown Ultimate in the game. I won't spoil it, but it makes Magneto look tastefully underdone.

The 2.0 version of Team-Ups are also on the TC. They've been redesigned so you'll want to have them summoned more than in "passive mode"; they have their own power tree, and they hit like trucks with good gear. You also have to level them up, though. Expect achievements based on this.

Soldato
The servers go down in a few minutes to apply the new patch. This will give us Doom, Team-Ups 2.0, Thing's 52 review and major changes to a number of heroes. Rocket just got some enormous buffs to his summoner spec, which warms the cockles of my heart as he's my only cosmic prestige and I already had mostly-BIS gear. Add in making it worthwhile to summon Groot, and fun is assured.

Other changes: there are no longer starter heroes, you can take everyone to Level 10 before choosing a free unlock on a new account. During the Anniversary you will also get one free Hero Token, which will unlock the hero you are playing if you don't already own them or provide an Ultimate Upgrade Token for that hero if you do. This token can only be used on heroes released before Doom, though. My advice: if you don't own any of Strange, Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Iron Man or Rogue, use it on them as they're the expensive ones to buy.

Retcon Devices are becoming obsolete with this patch. Henceforth you will be able to respec and refund Legendaries without one. There will be a vendor with whom you can trade your remaining stocks for uniques, odd junk and a pet if you have enough.

No free STASH tab with the Anniversary this year; instead we get the Hero Token and I'm told a free Team-Up. There's a time-limited achievement for making a Birthday Cake during the event, which shouldn't be too hard as it lasts a month.

Leaks: War Machine and Kitty Pryde are apparently both launching in June. One of the Secret Achievements that contribute to the Secret Avenger title involves Pirate Deadpool; a hint will be dropped as to what it is on July 1st if nobody has completed it by then.

Soldato
Kitty Pryde are apparently both launching in June

Yes! Hope she looks fun. Really want to play her. They are giving out a free hero of your choice too apparently, which is really nice of them. Not sure if I want to go with psylocke or someone else like nova, mr fantastic or silver surfer. Decisions.

Associate
Just hoping the free team up is a new one (even if it's just a reskin ala holiday Groot) I have all the existing ones (besides Doom, wasn't buying fortune cards or a pack just to get him) and if it's a dupe all I can trade it for is a single ****ing unique.

Associate
Crimson box is the one that gives you one a variety of the top tier artifacts (and Taskmaster guides, that's in there for some reason). Think they're normally part of the Omega or Armor event but they're one of the retcon trade in prizes.

And just to jinx myself, final count is 79 not 97 :(

Knew I should have farmed everyone's bullseye fight yesterday when I had time.

Soldato
Crimson box is the one that gives you one a variety of the top tier artifacts (and Taskmaster guides, that's in there for some reason). Think they're normally part of the Omega or Armor event but they're one of the retcon trade in prizes.

And just to jinx myself, final count is 79 not 97 :(

Knew I should have farmed everyone's bullseye fight yesterday when I had time.

Taskmaster's Guide is a top tier artifact on heroes that use both ranged and melee attacks.

Doom is awesome. Summoner build is crazy strong. I'm getting 35s TTK on the Raid Dummy and can clear Axis in about 4 minutes, and that's without Man-Ape's spear, Latverian Cloak, Octobot Controller and an Iron Legion Sheath.

Soldato
We were thinking ya'll need a little extra boost to get into the Anniversary spirit, so tonight at Midnight PDT (about 45 minutes from now) we'll be doubling Cosmic boss loot in terminals and patrol zones, we'll be adding an escalating RIF and SIF boost to go along with the current XP boost, AND we'll be increasing the XP bonus by 44% tonight instead of 22%! Wowee zowee!

If you want insane XP get ingame now !! Midtown orbs are giving over 1million XP :D:eek::D:eek::D

I haven't tried Cosmic yet but levels are just flying in!

Soldato
The bonus G sale ends today, and the RIF/SIF/XP boost will reset to 22% tomorrow after the patch. Cake slices will start dropping - 365 will get you another birthday cake with boosts, gear and a guaranteed boss-specific unique drop - and logging in this week will give you a token redeemable for any hero of your choice except Doom.

If you've been looking at the game and considering playing, today is the perfect day. You'll get a free birthday cake and the standard free hero unlock for new accounts today, and tomorrow you can log in for a second free hero plus 400 Eternity Splinters that will buy the majority of heroes in the game or two random boxes. There are only seven 600-Splinter heroes - Iron Man, Deadpool, Doctor Strange, Rogue, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider and Doom - so you can unlock two of those free (Doom if you can, Iron Man and Ghost Rider are best of the others but Deadpool is about to get reviewed) and get 1-2 heroes of your choice (Scarlet Witch and X-23 is a good choice) or random boxes with a bit of change.

Soldato
Any free hero (apart from Doom) if you login today / tomorrow.

A bit late, but if you had the whole roster already you could get an Ultimate Upgrade token for Doom.

Finished my first cake last night, got Sanjaku-Tenugui from it. This is pleasing; while it's not an amazingly good item, it is the one boss drop unique that you can't get from a takedown achievement. I'm now six uniques away from the Armourer title, and by the time I've got those I will certainly have the last 160 splinters I need to complete the Collector title.

Associate
Nice.

At about 250 cakes, but I'm now on 13 hour shifts at work for the next 2 weeks so I'm debating whether it's worth spending a couple of hours grinding to finish the cake or write the week off.

Are the cakes this week only or for the rest of the anniversary?

Permabanned
look great, i love it
g.png

Back
Top Bottom