Marvel Heroes

Soldato
War Machine is scheduled for release on the 28th. He should hit the TC on Friday.

This release will bring the total number of heroes in the game to 50, meaning we can actually complete that damn achievement for the Battle-Damaged Spider-Man costume (which I will wear in Avengers Tower for a whole five minutes to show I've done it before reverting to Spider-Girl or Noir).

Soldato
Heads up. Gazillion have announced that at the end of August when they release Stash 2.0 that all crafting stashes will be upgraded to general stashes (ie no more crafting stash as part of their revamping of crafting). What this means it that any crafting stashes you buy now for 300G will be converted to 500G general stashes.

Gazillion have only once given away a stash (during the first birthday celebration), and they never discount them as it is a major source of income. The most you can do is buy them with discounted G that you bought during a G sale, so this is a chance to get a significant saving off stashes - something no one ever has enough of.

Last edited:
Soldato
Limbo 2.0 is also on the Test Centre. It's going to be an Ultron-style instance, initially available only as part of an event. Some of the achievements unsurprisingly require doing it with Magik as a Team-Up, so pick her up if you haven't already.

Further note on Limbo: completing it gives you a guaranteed unique-quality Medallion with +2 all and five random stat rolls. These can include Health, bonus to all damage types, CDR, BDR and attributes, maybe others as well. You'll want to farm that sucker.

Soldato
So it turns out the Limbo medallion isn't guaranteed. Sorry about that. It's still worth farming for Mayhem Demonblood, which is one of the best artifacts in the game when it rolls well, but still.

If you still haven't done the first Magik Mystery: you need to kill Pyro, Green Goblin and a Lavaman elite three times each as Doctor Strange with Clea summoned as your Team-Up. Pretty expensive in terms of Splinters, but Clea is the best Team-Up for non-summoners and Strange is a good hero. Also I don't think it has to be completed during the event, and you won't get the next phase until the next event anyway.

Soldato
Oy, it's been a little while.

News update: Kitty Pryde and Lockheed are on TC. She was looking bad, but Gaz have delayed her a week to get everything sorted and now she's looking good.

Second Limbo mystery: using Colossus with Clea summoned as your Team-Up, clear Limbo, Mr Sinister in any mode and Herald of Ash plus around 100 Mayhem Demons in Midtown.

There's a small bug with the Mystery Chests that is causing them to open automatically sometimes, dumping their loot on the floor. Keep an eye open.

Soldato
Update: Kitty has been postponed until at least tomorrow. It seems there's a problem with getting the Sunspot Team-Up to work, so the whole patch has been put back. Sunspot looks really good, though, so it will be worth it.

No word on the next event, but it's whichever of Omega and ARMOR we've gone longest since the last of.

Associate
Ah well, given the dev teams history there's no way this ends with a rushed, full of bugs patch, emergency maintenance over the weekend and another piece of crap on the games reputation.

Associate
Patch day

Free Captain Marvel costume if you redeem code "DANVERS" (with her being renamed from Ms Marvel to Captain Marvel the old costume will soon become a paid one and this becomes the new default so if you need a spare of the old one it's time to prestige.

Spider-Gwen Team up for those with the TUAP2 or the splinters to spare
Free Shield Agent Team up for getting to the safehouse in act 3.

And the usual array of fixes and breakages.

Soldato
I've seen the shots from the Comic Con panel. MH2016 launch is December, and in addition to Danger Room and the new Savage Land Patrol zone will bring quality updates for all the original default costumes plus a few others including Original Cap and Jean Grey White Phoenix.

Other upcoming costumes include Symbiote Wolverine, Ghost Rider's Evel Knievel suit, Taskmaster Avengers World (which looks amazing) and Kitty Pryde Age of Apocalypse (has claws instead of a katana).

Chapter 10 is Skrull-bashing and will come in Q1 2016.

Blade will have ranged or melee specs with an exclusive signature for each - think Doom. His ult has him throw his shades in the air, bounce around like an amphetamine-crazed ferret, then catch the shades. Ryolnir is pushing for him to have a dialogue line regarding people who perform winter sports in a counterproductive manner.

Iron Fist will use Chi as a resource and have no less than five stances, each of which cause his powers to work in different ways.

Deadpool rework is still coming soon, but before December. He'll be able to summon other Deadpools from the Deadpool Corps, his current ult becomes his sig, and he gets a second travel power where he rides a scooter.

Soldato
Blade is due tomorrow or Saturday - Gaz want him for Hallowe'en, they don't want to wait the extra week. He's been coming together gradually, but expect some post-release tuning. His melee sig looks alright, though. It's a three-stage button mash on a 20s CD; the first stage makes you invulnerable, the second immobilises a target and the third stomps for big damage. His default costume is Modern (movie-style), alt is his original Tomb of Dracula outfit.

After Blade the release schedule is Magik, Iron Fist and Black Cat all before the end of the year and the 2016 rebrand.

Soldato
So who's the best character atm? Punisher was last time I played.

Scarlet Witch and Doom are the most powerful characters in the game right now. Kitty Pryde is a bit behind them on damage but unless you go AFK in Cosmic Midtown/ICP you will never, ever die.

Noticed the other day that heroes in Enhanced costumes that change their identity are sorted by the other hero's name. So Thor will move next to Ant-Man if you're wearing Beta Ray Bill, Deadpool moves to the Ls with Lady Deadpool and so on. (Punisher does change name to Rachel Cole-Alves, but he doesn't move as he's between Psylocke and Rocket anyway.)

Soldato
The game has been a bit quiet of late due to the lack of no new content -I haven't been playing myself - but next month's update to 2016 will correct that. It adds Danger Room and Chapter 10 of the story, which will be Skrull Invasion

Magik is now released. Damage is lacking a bit, but she's fun to play. She's guaranteed to be a hybrid, either summoner/melee or summoner/AOE. I dabbled a bit with both and prefer AOE. Like Scarlet Witch she has a free teleport that deals damage, which is Good.

The defence rework has gone live. Defence Rating is now a flat percentage damage reduction, Deflect is what Dodge was before the rework (chance to take 50% damage on hit) and Dodge has returned to its original state where it was a chance to completely evade attacks. I haven't played with Spidey yet, but he's likely to be mighty now as he always had huge dodge and he hasn't been tweaked.

There's a Black Friday sale: all black heroes and heroes with black costumes are 25% off with the exception of Magik, her costumes and the new Black Panther Urban costume. Also X-Giving is back, with Cosmic Chaos, ARMOR, Omega and Limbo events running simultaneously until the weekend. It is a good time to make someone yellow.

Soldato
Danger Room is now live. The way it works is you deal with a few waves of trash then fight a supervillain. There are scenarios ranging from Common to Cosmic with increasing rewards and difficulty. A Common scenario can be created using two Pure Elements, any other level can be created by combining two scenarios of the level below. Each scenario has a predetermined set of hazards, benefits and drawbacks - examples include "No healing, but everyone gets 75k bonus health and 10% mitigation" and "Movement powers have a shared 6 second CD". Completing a scenario will give you Danger Room Merits, which can be used to buy new items, Blue and Crimson boxes, Ultimate Upgrades and a Holo-Wolverine Team-Up.

Right now everyone is getting a scenario of each level from Common to Epic every day as a login bonus, and there's 100% server side XP bonus.

Soldato
A surprise for me today as Iron Fist has been released. He has multiple stance powers each of which pairs off with another attacking power, and a chi power that can let you run two stances at the same time or gain big benefits from using only one. I've taken him to 60, he's pretty smooth.

Special events for Christmas: Cosmic Week and ARMOR Week are running simultaneously. You can now get the Howard the Duck Team-Up from ARMOR if you've done the big quest four times. There are also Winter buffs dropping - collect five for a lootsplosion - and Winter Boosts are back in the Store.

Lastly, there's a "12 Days of Christmas" bonus for logging in each day. Today's is a lootsplosion, but others include a new Green Doom Team-Up, the return of Christmas Groot, a free Winter Boost, Blue Omega Box and Mysterious Crimson Box, and random boxes for costumes and heroes.

Associate
Gotta admit the Iron Fist release is a surprise (I honestly figured from the TC reports he'd be stuck back in the oven and be the first post holiday patch), but at least the loot looks nice, especially Doom, I've long wanted that team up but I refuse to play the fortune card game, I'll buy content at a price, I'm not gambling on it.

Back
Top Bottom