McDonald’s general discussion

Associate
I'm not keen on 5 Guys, much prefer a Burger King. In fact I rate Burger King above all the other places such as KFC, McDonalds, etc.

We went to McDonalds the other day for the first time in 18 months. 20 minutes waiting for the food and even then it was wrong.

Soldato
I'm not keen on 5 Guys, much prefer a Burger King. In fact I rate Burger King above all the other places such as KFC, McDonalds, etc.

We went to McDonalds the other day for the first time in 18 months. 20 minutes waiting for the food and even then it was wrong.

I dunno.....

Obviously taste is subjective. I think the burgers in burger king are better, the fires a little worse then average but ok not that far off so whatever.

But have you ever tried anything else burger king do? On the odd occasion I have it has been rancid.

They are also getting expensive, not quite 5 guys prices but somewhere in the middle between them and MC D's.

I'm not a McDs fan boy either, far from it, but I can understand if you want something quick, cheap(ISH) and of a standard that ok, you know what you are getting.

It's when the prices go above that I fail to see the appeal as you are paying more for what effectively is still junk food.

Soldato
People often moan about fries but KFC, BK and McDees all use frozen factory produced fries so your never going to get a decent fry

Five guys don’t even own a freezer.

Soldato

That sounds unlucky. Recent processes on McD are pretty good from my experience, much better than before imo.

I haven't had five guys in a while but they are fantastic and the fries are great too.

Soldato

XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger - £7.79
Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger - £10.95

Same ingredients, burger only, and I prefer the BK - it just tastes better.

Soldato
Has anyone heard of a burger place called Meat Castles in Retford? People local to me absolutely rave about this place. They have a van which does the rounds and people come from miles around to queue up if it comes to town. Several of the chaps in my office have been and say it is the best burger they've ever had, the "Dirty Barry" is one of their most popular burgers so I've heard. I personally can't arsed with queuing up for a burger, but apparently they are mouth watering. #meatcastles on instagram.

Soldato
XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger - £7.79
Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger - £10.95

Same ingredients, burger only, and I prefer the BK - it just tastes better.
Not the same ingredients, one is made on the spot from fresh mince, the other isn't.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not the same ingredients, one is made on the spot from fresh mince, the other isn't.
And?
Five guys doesn't taste nice. Is tiny and over priced. Bacon is like shards of glass. Price of fries and drinks extra terrible.

Not a fast food joint for the masses.

Last edited:
Soldato
And?
Five guys doesn't taste nice. Is tiny and over priced. Bacon is like shards of glass. Price of fries and drinks extra terrible.

Five guys tastes awesome (oo-er).

Tiny - width yes, height no.

Bacon like shards of glass - crispy! Not like some limp bacon places.

Price is terrible - agreed.

Soldato
And?

What do you mean by And?

You can't say two things are the same when they're not. Even if one tastes better. Nor can you fairly compare the prices, they're not the same thing.

Soldato
OP
Both are burgers.
Ones just terribly over priced.
Are you a smoker? Taste buds knackered?

Only point I agree on is Five Guys drinks are dreadfully overpriced.

Now McD’s and BK meals are closer to £8 the price difference isn’t as big a factor. If they were closer to £4/£5 there would be a bigger decision to make.

Also for me Five Guys quality is consistent, McD’s sometimes you can have a nice one other times it will be garbage.

Associate

i always use the BK app and make new ones for the offers too :)

Soldato
Are you a smoker? Taste buds knackered?

Only point I agree on is Five Guys drinks are dreadfully overpriced.

Now McD’s and BK meals are closer to £8 the price difference isn’t as big a factor. If they were closer to £4/£5 there would be a bigger decision to make.

Also for me Five Guys quality is consistent, McD’s sometimes you can have a nice one other times it will be garbage.
My taste buds died at Covid v1.0
Never really came back right.
For example, fresh strawberries taste like tinned ones.

I vastly prefer a Burger king burger to all others. I'll openly dislike I hate freshly ground mince burgers. Dunno why, just do.

I had a 5 guys last month, and I disliked it. I feel the pure fact it also cost like £18 for a tiny meal put a massive cloud of disaster over it before I even took a bite.

Back
Top Bottom