McDonald’s general discussion

Associate
Go back to them. I used Deliveroo for a small delivery from Sainsbury last year and one of the items had been incorrectly picked. They initially gave me a 60p refund despite the price difference being a couple of quid. I just replied back and they refunded the full amount.
Got back in touch with them and now have the full amount credited to my account :)

Soldato
Went in today, had a fillet o'fish.

Can anyone remember these from back in the day?

I remember them being oval in shape, somewhat large? Like the size of a quarter pounder, but oval shape.

Anyway has one today and wtf, it was tiny, tiny bun, small little square bit of fried fish, nothing like I remember it.

Associate
I never use Uber or Deliveroo for fast food anymore. The error rate is way too high and the price to quality ratio is not good enough. Always just go and pick up.

Couldn’t agree more.

I realised that tonight. Placed an order on just eat. Driver never showed yet marked it as delivered!

Couldn’t even be bothered to call to say they were struggling to find us.

They should have a delivery code to avoid situations like that!

Can’t even call Justeat anymore, it’s just an automated message that tells you to go online.

Ordering takeaways results in late, cold food, missing items etc the majority of the time for me….

Last edited:
Soldato
You can't even be assured of fresh fries at maccy D's.. I went there the other week (drive-thru but pre orderedon the app).

I got asked to park up as the creme egg Mcflurry wasnt ready.
It was clear when I got my order that the fries were cold, As I guess they were portioned out way before the Mcflurry was ready.

And that's the eternal problem with McDonalds.. unless it's fresh off the line, it's always a let down.

Associate
You can't even be assured of fresh fries at maccy D's.. I went there the other week (drive-thru but pre orderedon the app).

I got asked to park up as the creme egg Mcflurry wasnt ready.
It was clear when I got my order that the fries were cold, As I guess they were portioned out way before the Mcflurry was ready.

And that's the eternal problem with McDonalds.. unless it's fresh off the line, it's always a let down.
I usually whack my fries in the air frier when I get home :(
I should really just have some home made fast food style food ready to go instead.

Soldato

I remember them being oval in shape, somewhat large? Like the size of a quarter pounder, but oval shape.

Anyway has one today and wtf, it was tiny, tiny bun, small little square bit of fried fish, nothing like I remember it.
It’s the wait for a fillet of fish. Really defines the slow food movement.

Firstly you order and the staff look nervously at each other, not really knowing what you’re talking about. The longest serving member of staff recalls something from the long and distant past and finds an old menu from 1982 with the instructions to make one.

Youngest chef gets in his car and drives down to Brixham to source some fresh fish and all the time your sat in your bloody car waiting!!!!

On a better note Twitter shaming worked and McDees issued 3 free meal vouchers.

Soldato
I used to try to have a fillet of fish every now and again as they were my favourite (after the McRib) burger but they are just terrible now, so small and over priced, I make my own fish finger sandwiches now and just stick to beef burgers from Maccies

Soldato
Apparently McDonalds have changed their recipes? Buns have changed as well?

I guess they had to because their food had gone to ****.

Soldato

Your memory may be failing you or you really have not had one for a really long time. I had a McJob 2 decades ago and the Filet O Fish is identical to how it was back then.

Soldato
Your memory may be failing you or you really have not had one for a really long time. I had a McJob 2 decades ago and the Filet O Fish is identical to how it was back then.

Ok cool, yes possibly.

Yea would have been a long time ago maybe 25 years.

That being said I'm not certain, have McDonald's done a burger how I described? Definitely breadcrumbed, but may have been a chicken burger, it was like oval in shape.

Maybe it was the chicken burger?

Soldato
They did use to put the oval chopped and shaped chicken burger in an oval bun but at some point they switched to a round bun so it sticks out the sides more.

I do miss that oval bun…..

Back
Top Bottom