McDonald’s general discussion

Soldato
I was talking to a farmer the other day with a beef herd of 300. He used to butcher the meat himself and sell it artisan style, now the price of beef is so high he said he just sells it to McDonalds!.

Associate
McDonalds is cheap fast food which is no long cheap or fast. Queue “Back in my day you could get a meal for £2.88”!!!!!!

For the three of us (me, the wife and the boy) cost is:

McDonald’s £20-25
Burger King £30-35
Five Guys £45-50

Given we don’t eat it very often we would go with Five Guys, then Burger King. Mcdonalds is a very distant third, and really only gets eaten if the other two aren’t available.

Soldato
I nipped in to McDonalds the other day and ordered a quarter pounder meal, ended up with the "Deluxe" version somehow.

It was actually a really good burger, the mustard seemed to have a horseradish mustard hint to it which I love. Looking at the ingredients I can't see any reference to it, but I'm sure it was there.

I'll normally go for a local independent over a franchise though, especially at 5 Guys prices, I can get a better burger for pretty much the same price from 2 or 3 places round here.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I nipped in to McDonalds the other day and ordered a quarter pounder meal, ended up with the "Deluxe" version somehow.

It was actually a really good burger, the mustard seemed to have a horseradish mustard hint to it which I love. Looking at the ingredients I can't see any reference to it, but I'm sure it was there.

I'll normally go for a local independent over a franchise though, especially at 5 Guys prices, I can get a better burger for pretty much the same price from 2 or 3 places round here.
Agree about the deluxe, definitely one of the better Maccies burgers. Up there with the big tasty. I’m waiting for them to finally bring out a grand big tasty. That would be a serious fill up.

Wish we could get this one over here…

IMG-0455.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Agree about the deluxe, definitely one of the better Maccies burgers. Up there with the big tasty. I’m waiting for them to finally bring out a grand big tasty. That would be a serious fill up.

Wish we could get this one over here…

IMG-0455.jpg

Is it just me or is there a bit of horseradish to the Deluxe?

Soldato
To celebrate going under 85kg today I bought a Hamburger! First one in a long time.

USMiw9Tl.jpg
I’ve done this before ie celebrate with food when trying to lose weight! Wouldn’t really work with fags and booze though! I’ve been dry for a year so I’m gonna have a massive whiskey tonight!!

Last edited:
Associate
The coffee is actually pretty good, and every 8 or so coffees via the App you effectively get a free double cheeseburger. With the recent changes to the buns the double cheeseburgers are a pretty good snack. The main downside is having to visit the establishments, which are ran by chavs, filled with chavs and generally a depressing place to be.

Soldato
The main downside is having to visit the establishments, which are ran by chavs, filled with chavs and generally a depressing place to be.
Nearest to me kicks them out and does not let them sit without buying.
Last time the cleaner did so and the manager walked around apologising that we had to witness it, not that anyone was upset tbh.

Soldato
Went in today, had a fillet o'fish.

Can anyone remember these from back in the day?

I remember them being oval in shape, somewhat large? Like the size of a quarter pounder, but oval shape.

Anyway has one today and wtf, it was tiny, tiny bun, small little square bit of fried fish, nothing like I remember it.
Definitely mis-remembering, it has always been a little slight rectangle about 3"x2.5" with a half slice of cheese, tartare sauce on a steamed standard hamburger bun.

Back
Top Bottom