Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

Soldato
One option that is strangely not available in the game is being able to select just the pistol or just the sniper rifle etc for your mission. With this mod you can drop the otherwise compulsory assault rifle and go pistol only, just press R3 to drop the unwanted weapon.

Unzip into Steam\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\master\0\ and then run INSTALL_TPP_DropWeapon.bat

Mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgears...pp/ajax/moddescription/?id=216&preview=&pUp=1

demo video:

Soldato
Picked this up and sat through the obligatory hour long 'introductory movie'. I loved 4 though and that had even more cut scenes. Anyway when I get a chance I might be able to play but so far graphics were amazing. Quite harrowing actually in places during the escape from hospital scene.

Soldato
Not sure if its a spoiler, but one of the last missions in this game is just perhaps the best moment in all of MGS - powerful emotional stuff, crazy but genius indeed. Well worth it to keep playing to the end, just to experience it. Just watching it on youtube wont work, one has to play it.

Mission number
43 of course. My oh my:eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Picked this up and sat through the obligatory hour long 'introductory movie'. I loved 4 though and that had even more cut scenes. Anyway when I get a chance I might be able to play but so far graphics were amazing. Quite harrowing actually in places during the escape from hospital scene.

Pretty the whole rest of the game is nothing like that.

Soldato
That was a great mission, probably the only highlight of that chapter for me.

I would agree with that as well, but chapter two is just a bonus, kinda like VR missions in vintage MGS (well, infinitely better than VR missions, but you get the idea). THAT mission though was even more hard hitting as I just didn't expect it in the context of the rest of Ch.2. Couldnt believe Kojima messing with my mind like that, great great stuff...

Pretty the whole rest of the game is nothing like that.
There is about 5 hours of cutscenes in MGS:V, most are incredibly well choreographed and scripted, not just run of the mill generic pulp, so I am not complaining about lack of cutscenes. I think the game is just so much bigger than any of the previous mgs's that these 5 hours do not seem like much, but still. I've not played mgs4 though.

Soldato
I think the game is just so much bigger than any of the previous mgs's that these 5 hours do not seem like much, but still.

But the game is bigger mainly because you spend so much time doing things completely unrelated to the story development. I bet if they had included having to run for 5 minutes before every mission or reallocate staff and materials, MGS4 would have been just as long :p

Having so much non-story related gameplay, means the 5 hours feels like 5 minutes.

Soldato
Anyone else having [roblems setting the game to 3440 x 1440?

I can set it to 2560x1440, but I would rather have the full resolution.

Cheers

Soldato
Apparently The Rainforest listed "Metal Gear Solid 5 Definitive Ex" with no other detail, So far speculation is GZ, PP and DLC will be bundled with it.

The only detail was a release date of December.

Besides the above, I have no clue what it could be.

Associate
OMG could it be true, Konami have stated that the Missing Chapter 3 will be include O_O **** the bed.

822de50c2c5698c30fb9d79e85ff9fc3fe5eb76ab79811a7f05ddfb2c84fd1f5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom