MiniFusion - *Sponsored* by Xtia and Bitspower

Soldato
I've got to say those hexagonal thingies look identical to something I created way back in 2007 for my first ever scratch-build log . I've put the images in spoiler tag so as not to detract from your log.

For example, these look remarkably similar -

To my creation from eons ago!

embed

That took me back somewhat! :)

Soldato
OP
I've got to say those hexagonal thingies look identical to something I created way back in 2007 for my first ever scratch-build log . I've put the images in spoiler tag so as not to detract from your log.

For example, these look remarkably similar -

To my creation from eons ago!

embed

That took me back somewhat! :)

They're more than likely the same thing since these flow meters have been around for aaaaaaages. I remember seeing them around the early 2000's lol.

Thats a crazy mod you've done there! Looks insane with all the return lines going in through the top!

Soldato
They're more than likely the same thing since these flow meters have been around for aaaaaaages. I remember seeing them around the early 2000's lol.

Thats a crazy mod you've done there! Looks insane with all the return lines going in through the top!

Nah, it's quite different apart from the shape. My design had one inlet and six outlets to distribute the water in parallel fashion, it had no flow meter shenanigans!

If you ever take them apart be careful not to overtighten them as usual with acrylic. You'll see in the spoiler image below I didn't heed this (bottom corner of the polished one). Thankfully I commissioned two of them...

embed

Soldato
OP
Nah, it's quite different apart from the shape. My design had one inlet and six outlets to distribute the water in parallel fashion, it had no flow meter shenanigans!

If you ever take them apart be careful not to overtighten them as usual with acrylic. You'll see in the spoiler image below I didn't heed this (bottom corner of the polished one). Thankfully I commissioned two of them...

embed

Yeah i never tighten acrylic, i just nip them up. No cranking it down like i find with some of EK products.

I have always been super careful, more so with expensive blocks as its not easily replaceable.

Soldato
OP
Congratulations on another sponsor mate
Nice to see you don't have to be
A major youtuber
In order to get some sponsorship

I dont think i could youtubing without quitting my full time job. Editing takes so much time, i can see why some youtubers hire editors to do this for them especially if they're making content everyday.

Being a builder and project designer is enough to get me where i want to be for now i feel.

Soldato
I dont think i could youtubing without quitting my full time job. Editing takes so much time, i can see why some youtubers hire editors to do this for them especially if they're making content everyday.

Being a builder and project designer is enough to get me where i want to be for now i feel.
Yeah bit of a catch22
Need to have enough subscribers
To be able to pay an editor
Otherwise you're funding it out your own money
With the hope your channel will be successful

Soldato
OP
Yeah bit of a catch22
Need to have enough subscribers
To be able to pay an editor
Otherwise you're funding it out your own money
With the hope your channel will be successful

Yeah not gonna happen unless i start going mainstream which is unlikely. I spend a lot of time in design right now and working with a CAD designer to get everything done. They are really good and honestly one of the best services i've used thus far.

Quick update on the lower enclosure section, we've mostly done it all and got all the design down. Just working on the brackets now so as soon as that's done we're going into manufacturing this enclosure then paint. Made from 4mm aluminium so will be strong and sturdy enough to hold the frame ontop.

The bracket that holds the 2 parts together (upper and lower section)

Finding a manufacturer to do this has been a pain simply because it costs a fortune to get someone to make it with the time and experience needed to set things up for the machine work. Thankfully thats resolved now but more deets will follow.

Back
Top Bottom