Mondeo ST220 Tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato

honestly, its like banging your head against a wall

this is a good link though

http://www.bolhuijo.com/airflowtest/

shows filter material is much of a muchness when it comes to flow and that oem boxes are actually quite clever

other independent tests have shown foam filters to filter particularly good, so thats what i went with

i suppose a cone filter and its marketing hype is hard to resist when youre 16 lol

Soldato
Didn't K&N take Dangerous's ST220 like 5 years ago, whack a K&N on it and dyno before and after? It made more power but he took it off because of the insurance hike... or something ;)
I've always regarded Miltek as being quality but a few people on here have said ST220+Miltek=less power.

noooooo proof isnt enough for these guys, standard is always better!:)

Soldato
well if you think about it, the airbox specifically designed and tested for that specific application is pretty likely to be good or the designers wouldn't have jobs, whereas a generic cone filter which comes in something like 3 sizes is not.

I was the same when I was naive, but at least I did it properly by avoiding products stocked by halfords and going for the bmc cda which is proven to actually be quite good :D

Only get uprated panel filters these days though, since I've seen the light

Man of Honour
funny-pictures-pony-mechanic.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
its a filter and remap. Notice this bit : "We loaded our finished Race 97 Induction tune"

Remap and filter giving 30bhp isnt rocket science. Especially as solid has pretty much this setup, even has the same dreamscience unit i think ? and gets roughly the same bhp.

Soldato
I was the same when I was naive, but at least I did it properly by avoiding products stocked by halfords and going for the bmc cda which is proven to actually be quite good :D

Only get uprated panel filters these days though, since I've seen the light

Whos panel filters do you use? IIRC you had something with the VAG 1.6 125bhp engine?

Soldato
its a filter and remap. Notice this bit : "We loaded our finished Race 97 Induction tune"

Remap and filter giving 30bhp isnt rocket science. Especially as solid has pretty much this setup, even has the same dreamscience unit i think ? and gets roughly the same bhp.

Aye what this man said, i'm running nigh on same setup, well plus exhaust, and got 248hp at the recent RR.

Soldato
Did you not think the CDA was worth the cash then?

it was on the last car, if nothing else it sounded great, on a turbo CAI isn't worth the money though, since the air intake temps mean sweet FA, that's the intercoolers job :D the stock airbox with uprated intake is proven to give the best airflow in that application

Soldato
no not at all, it's not like k&n's etc, you don't really hear it until you give it big licks up the rev range and hear its glorious roar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom