Mondeo ST220 Tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I can't even be bothered to spend £250 to get mine to 255bhp let alone a grand!
Excuse my ignorance but from my experience gained from tuning a N/A car I learnt one important fact on how a car produces more power. To generate more power you have to burn more fuel. More bang=more power. The reason a cold air induction kit is useless is down to 2 reasons. 1st . Beyond the induction kit the intake is still restricted i.e. the throttle body and manifold (making the extra air flow of the filter redundant). 2nd. If you did gain an increased volume of air from the filter your not burning any more fuel as would be needed to keep the air fuel ratio in harmony and thus produce more power. Also a less restricted exhaust system is only suitable when more gases are produced by burning more fuel. Otherwise you lose backpressur pressure and power due to the loss of RPM. A remap will accommodate the increase of induction and exhaust but only fractionally. Enough to stop lean running at best. With standard fuel pump, injectors and lines etc the increase of induction and exhaust is pointless and explains the power losses described. You must burn more fuel with the right amount of air to make more power. One without the other is a waste of time and potentially damaging.

Caporegime
Excuse my ignorance but from my experience gained from tuning a N/A car I learnt one important fact on how a car produces more power. To generate more power you have to burn more fuel. More bang=more power. The reason a cold air induction kit is useless is down to 2 reasons. 1st . Beyond the induction kit the intake is still restricted i.e. the throttle body and manifold (making the extra air flow of the filter redundant). 2nd. If you did gain an increased volume of air from the filter your not burning any more fuel as would be needed to keep the air fuel ratio in harmony and thus produce more power. Also a less restricted exhaust system is only suitable when more gases are produced by burning more fuel. Otherwise you lose backpressur pressure and power due to the loss of RPM. A remap will accommodate the increase of induction and exhaust but only fractionally. Enough to stop lean running at best. With standard fuel pump, injectors and lines etc the increase of induction and exhaust is pointless and explains the power losses described. You must burn more fuel with the right amount of air to make more power. One without the other is a waste of time and potentially damaging.

10 year necrosis? That's gotta be some kind of record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom