Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Man of Honour
The NZHerald is claiming that Ricciardo has just two races to prove this worth before Lawson gets given a chance. Not sure I believe that one. What do we think, OCUK?

I'd be surprised to be honest; although Marko is always going to noise up/threaten drivers - its all he has

Don’t get me wrong, I agree. Super disappointed at how bad he’s been and I think Lawson did enough last year to earn a seat.

Rumours have Perez already signed on for next year so RBR need to work through their ranks to find another driver, or look externally.

Plenty of alternate rumours about Alonso for RBR floating around now as well; I'd love to see Max and Alonso go head to head

How do you think he got in the first place?

Certainly not driving talent; it was his dad's money and the influence they had over Haas; that doesn't exist now and without his dad's Russian money I just don't see a way back, there's far more talented drivers waiting.

Caporegime
Certainly not driving talent; it was his dad's money and the influence they had over Haas; that doesn't exist now and without his dad's Russian money I just don't see a way back, there's far more talented drivers waiting.

Also, when Mazepin came in, while he wasn't the most impressive talent in F2 he'd shown some decent pace at times and even won a couple of races in impressive fashion. It wasn't implausible that he, like Zhou Guanyu (who he beat in their joint second season in F2), would perform in F1 at a reasonable level. Now we know what a complete potato he is. It's gone from taking a fat wodge of cash to drape your team in the Russian flag and put in an unproven rookie, to taking cash to put in a driver known to be a liability both on and off track.

Soldato
The NZHerald is claiming that Ricciardo has just two races to prove this worth before Lawson gets given a chance. Not sure I believe that one. What do we think, OCUK?

I don’t know how much sponsorship Ricciardo brings into the pot, but he’s supposed to be a far better driver than Tsunoda and he’s paid 6-7 times what Tsunoda is (according to the internet), so I would imagine VisaCashAppwordSaladRedBull management will not tolerate him being slower that Tsunoda for very long with Lawson sitting on the sidelines.

Commissario
Taran Tactical have put a video up showing Hamilton going completely John Wick, and is impressive as hell. Nice to see him relaxed as well.

Can't link as swearies are contained, but... damn.... :eek:

That was fun to watch.

Shooter ready.
Standby.
Beep.
*bang bang bang*
Unload and show clear.

That’s practical shooting, exactly what I did. He was quick but not accurate as a lot of the shots were on the edge of the targets. It’s not just about speed, accuracy is very important.

I’d outscore him easily if we were competing and he was shooting like that.

Man of Honour
That was fun to watch.

Shooter ready.
Standby.
Beep.
*bang bang bang*
Unload and show clear.

That’s practical shooting, exactly what I did. He was quick but not accurate as a lot of the shots were on the edge of the targets. It’s not just about speed, accuracy is very important.

I’d outscore him easily if we were competing and he was shooting like that.
But the guy did say a couple of times that it was his first day there. Obviously handled guns before, but even so...

Soldato
Cheapest Las Vegas 2024 tickets for 3 days are currently €973. :D Not sure how much single day tickets were this year.

On the official site all of the tickets are very expensive except Hungary which was about €173.

Caporegime
Honestly I'd love to see Alonso at RB alongside Max. Would make 2025 a lot more interesting.

I guess that would clear a seat for Sainz at Aston Martin.

Soldato
Liberty buying MotoGP isn't an April fool?

Seems really odd reading it's the Suzuka F1 GP this coming weekend, thought this was usually in the autumn?! Guess it makes some logistics sense, with the return of the China GP afterwards.

Soldato
You probably couldn't fit everything into a weekend along with F1..
Liberty: “Hold my beer” :D

On another topic I see the Horny allegations are still making the 10 o’clock news, with some quotes from the claimant’s friend yesterday. Sounds like this is going to go the distance and it’s only a matter of time before it ends up at an employment tribunal and we get to hear all the grisly details.

Associate
Business F1 magazine have reported re the "independent" barrister

"he is the legal representative and London lawyer of the Yoovidhya family, 51% owners of Red Bull"

Soldato
Liberty: “Hold my beer” :D

On another topic I see the Horny allegations are still making the 10 o’clock news, with some quotes from the claimant’s friend yesterday. Sounds like this is going to go the distance and it’s only a matter of time before it ends up at an employment tribunal and we get to hear all the grisly details.
Yawnsville, who really cares, aside from those obsessing about it that is. What will be will be...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom