Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Sorry, bored of going round in circles so watch NASCAR instead? :p

That was the joke. But the race consisted of a precession of cars (think F1 but actually close) where tyre deg led to it being a mixed up race with accidents/mistakes galore and a ridiculous amount of lead changes.

Simpler race series leads to close racing it seems. A foreign concept in the entertainment world of racing right now. Although I guess most people are more invested in their Heat magazine scandals that surround the paddock.

Last edited:
Soldato
That was the joke.
Oh I know. But I thought I'd point it out for some of our less "able" forum dwellers :)

I just can't get on board with an American sports right now. I deal with too many stupid Americans at work so to have more shouting and yelling and over-the-top production is just... too much!

But I've honestly never watched Nascar. It just seems like such a weird race setup where everyone is inches apart for ages and then inevitably someone gets hit on the rear bumper, spins out and takes everyone out :confused:

Soldato
Oh I know. But I thought I'd point it out for some of our less "able" forum dwellers :)

I just can't get on board with an American sports right now. I deal with too many stupid Americans at work so to have more shouting and yelling and over-the-top production is just... too much!

But I've honestly never watched Nascar. It just seems like such a weird race setup where everyone is inches apart for ages and then inevitably someone gets hit on the rear bumper, spins out and takes everyone out :confused:

Fair fair! Yeah it's a real shock compared to the rest of motorsport and once you get beyond the "most famous quote in racing"
"Home of racing" "Worlds biggest gift shop" level of ****, you can occasionally watch something that's good. This years race at Atlanta was one of the more action packed races I've seen for a long time with some great racing. But the one last night was pure Pirelli coming to F1 deg and laps of a car park. The whole series champion being decided on a single track at the very end is also weird.

But it's a very different experience that's occasionally refreshing. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently watching Australia 2022. It’s lap 40 out of 58, Max has just retired and Leclerc is 12 seconds in the lead followed by Perez, Russell and Hamilton. Must’ve been the last time Max had a DNF too!

Soldato
Currently watching Australia 2022. It’s lap 40 out of 58, Max has just retired and Leclerc is 12 seconds in the lead followed by Perez, Russell and Hamilton. Must’ve been the last time Max had a DNF too!
Didn’t both RBs retire in the first two races or something. Those were the days ;)

Caporegime
Nikita Mazepin wins his court case against EU sanctions against him (link in German, and if you run it through Google translate: don't worry that first sentence should be in the past tense). The court found that Nikita's relationship to his father wasn't sufficient grounds for the sanctions against him; probably correct in the general sense, but I'd have thought the money links strong enough to justify in this case.

Back
Top Bottom