Netflix: Drive to Survive

Soldato
I like the engineers who tell their drivers to “focus on the lights” at the start of a race. No ****, Sherlock! Where else are they going to focus?

Associate
I like the engineers who tell their drivers to “focus on the lights” at the start of a race. No ****, Sherlock! Where else are they going to focus?
It's just nervous chatter, it's not just drivers that feel the start of a race. It's a bonkers feeling for all. I guess pros can just switch on but as a rank amateur it's on another level of adrenaline all sense heightened dump of all the feels. Re-starts are similar, especially if from behind a pace car. Tension just builds, any release is welcome.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Completely different area, but research shows that giving surgeons checklists to tick off reduces errors; I expect it's a similar thing. There's a lot going on, outsource some of the concentration needed.

Soldato
Completely different area, but research shows that giving surgeons checklists to tick off reduces errors; I expect it's a similar thing. There's a lot going on, outsource some of the concentration needed.
That’s probably what it is but it still sounds silly to me.

Caporegime
We’re up to the third episode and I’m quite enjoying it this year. Mostly.

He’s the part I don’t like. They should be using Brundle for that role.

Yeh, Brundle would be far less irritating. He'd actually know what he is talking about too.

Caporegime
One episode to go for us, and I've found it enjoyable as usual. All the usual criticisms apply, but I still find it has interesting insights and serves as an enjoyable warm up to the season beginning.

Yeh, Brundle would be far less irritating. He'd actually know what he is talking about too.

Probably why he's not on DtS.... ;)

Associate
The line in Season 6 Episode 2 of Driver to Survive!!!!!!!

Father Christmas, in the Horner Oxford House, to the Horner kids: "Has dad been good?". Well played, epically well played.

Caporegime
Probably why he's not on DtS.... ;)

I think Buxton is terrible because he has such an extreme but insincere seriousness. I know the show is all about the drama etc, but ultimately it's just a load of rich kids/families playing expensive go karts. He needs more of a sense of humour/a more light manner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom