Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Man of Honour
I'm loving my N5x though recently it's been a bit laggy :(

Might do a reset on it as I've been fiddling/tweaking with it a bit.

The camera is really wonderful - a lot of pics that I've taken really do come out exceptionally well exposed.

Still find it a bit tall and not ideal - wish the screen took up more space to make up for the height.

Battery life is pretty good, easily lasts over a day, and is miles ahead of the N5.

Don

The camera is really wonderful - a lot of pics that I've taken really do come out exceptionally well exposed.

Still find it a bit tall and not ideal - wish the screen took up more space to make up for the height.

Battery life is pretty good, easily lasts over a day, and is miles ahead of the N5.

Go into Developer mode and turn off the animations.

Soldato
Still loving my Nexus 5x, mrs now has the s6. The fast updates and stock android, together with the amazing finger print scanner did it for me. The battery life on the s6 is a joke!

Nova launcher makes this phone lightening fast, I've always thought the google now launcher was heavy.

The miui 7 icons from the play store (79p) address my OCDness with how awful the dev design control is around icons.

Camera is sublime. It really is. Obviously it doesn't show itself how good on the 1080p ips display, just when viewed on a pc monitor it holds its own against all the flagships.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked up a 5X 32gb today...loving it so far...my 3 month stint with Apple will remain at that now!

Fingerprint scanner is so responsive, camera I'll need to test but looks better in side by side comparisons with the 6S and well...it's Android :D

Now to case...or not to case?!

Soldato

As I've probably said in the thread before I've tried everything and can't get rid of the lag permanently. I've taken to restarting the phone every morning and it seems to help. Have reset, installed latest firmware and it's fine for a while but then bogs down. The camera app especially seems to lag a lot after a while and I can end up waiting 10 seconds for the button to work.

Would swap it for an S6 in an instant, I'll definitely be upgrading to something in the new year and cutting my losses when the Q1/2 2016 devices arrive.

Soldato
As I've probably said in the thread before I've tried everything and can't get rid of the lag permanently. I've taken to restarting the phone every morning and it seems to help. Have reset, installed latest firmware and it's fine for a while but then bogs down. The camera app especially seems to lag a lot after a while and I can end up waiting 10 seconds for the button to work.

Would swap it for an S6 in an instant, I'll definitely be upgrading to something in the new year and cutting my losses when the Q1/2 2016 devices arrive.

Latest firmware, dodgy apps?

Actually, forget I mentioned firmware... Been super smooth since day one!

Soldato
Latest firmware, dodgy apps?

Actually, forget I mentioned firmware... Been super smooth since day one!

Yes latest firmware, I've made a point a few times of getting it from Google direct before OTAs are out and flashing with a full wipe so it's not that. No dodgy apps, I've also made sure now of only installing well known apps but the problem persists.

Hopefully some OS/app update will sort it out as I like the phone otherwise, but if not then I'll be getting rid of it as soon as I see something I really like.

Soldato
Yes latest firmware, I've made a point a few times of getting it from Google direct before OTAs are out and flashing with a full wipe so it's not that. No dodgy apps, I've also made sure now of only installing well known apps but the problem persists.

Hopefully some OS/app update will sort it out as I like the phone otherwise, but if not then I'll be getting rid of it as soon as I see something I really like.

Perhaps it is faulty?

Wouldn't jump to an S6, how about a z5? A friend hated the S6 Edge, too footery and terrible battery life!

Soldato
I've got some discolouration on the bottom of my white 5X and wondered if anyone else who doesn't use a case has noticed the same? This started to appear after just a couple of days, I hadn't done anything unusual, carried it around in my pocket for a bit but that's all. At first I thought I'd got something on there but it won't clean off and kinda looks like the white has come off. I've been struggling to get a picture that shows it so hopefully it can be made out from the one below, its got a slight pinkish look to it which isn't clear from the picture. Its only along the bottom, the rest seems fine.

Soldato
Yeah. Mine looked worse than that after about 3 weeks of ownership. Requested a return at Amazon for a refund. No quibbles. It is a shame, I was very happy with mine too. If you're unsure about it now, get it refunded for sure. The quality should not degrade that quickly.

Edit. There's been a few big threads on xda about the poor quality of the plastic used on the back.

Soldato
Thanks, gonna mull it over but I think I'll have to send it back as I guess its only going to get worse. Wondering if its worth trying a replacement, maybe some are okay?

Its definitely a shame as although people complained about the back being plastic I was perfectly happy with the look and feel, if it wasn't loosing its colour. Plus I've no idea what to get instead.

Back
Top Bottom