NFL 2021 Season

Soldato
OP
But he is terrible in nearly every playoff game on repeat now
I don't disagree he's not reliable, although he played reasonably well the week before.
This is the 2x MVP we are talking about
There is no way Baltimore did what they did this season with a different QB. That's why.

Don't get me wrong, he would be a reasonable way down a list of QB's I would take if I was starting a franchise, all I was saying is, you can't judge a QB from one game.

Caporegime
I don't disagree he's not reliable, although he played reasonably well the week before.

There is no way Baltimore did what they did this season with a different QB. That's why.

Don't get me wrong, he would be a reasonable way down a list of QB's I would take if I was starting a franchise, all I was saying is, you can't judge a QB from one game.

Possibly not, they've geared that team around him for five years now so the run first design of many plays can be used

Going back to the previous page I simply don't think as an overall package he is better than Purdy (and that isn't me saying Purdy is MVP, it was CMC :D)

This is fairly damning of Lamar and the coaching, I'm a big Harbaugh fan but got to take a share of blame here

Associate
He was asking for weapons last offseason but maybe he'll see the value of cap being spent in the trenches . If you stop ravens moving the ball in the run game, they gave up trying in that game, then he can't beat big teams from the pocket

Soldato
*sigh*

Probably going to be 2020 all over again, Romo salivating over Mahomes for 3hrs.

I was really hoping for an underdog SB this year.

Soldato
No-one likes the good teams doing well do they? lol
I think it's a British thing. I love an underdog story where a team's picked well in the draft, fought their way through a tough season and earned their place in the championship. The impression I get from the US audience is that they love winners winning, and seemingly haven't really had a problem with the Patriots / Chiefs / 49ers / { insert historically prolific team here } winning every year.

At first Mahomes was exciting to watch, and it was great to see him achieving, given his talent. Then Tony Romo starts waxing lyrical every time he picks his nose, and you sort of long for someone else to put a challenge in.

It probably doesn't help that I'm a Bengals fan :D

Associate
I think it's a British thing. I love an underdog story where a team's picked well in the draft, fought their way through a tough season and earned their place in the championship. The impression I get from the US audience is that they love winners winning, and seemingly haven't really had a problem with the Patriots / Chiefs / 49ers / { insert historically prolific team here } winning every year.

At first Mahomes was exciting to watch, and it was great to see him achieving, given his talent. Then Tony Romo starts waxing lyrical every time he picks his nose, and you sort of long for someone else to put a challenge in.

It probably doesn't help that I'm a Bengals fan :D
Oh it's definitely a British thing. Haha! Detroit got close though!

(Vikings fan here)

Soldato
Big niners fan so I may be a little biased but isn't Mr irrelevant going to the superbowl and going against one of the greatest Qbs of all time a great underdog story???

Associate
Big niners fan so I may be a little biased but isn't Mr irrelevant going to the superbowl and going against one of the greatest Qbs of all time a great underdog story???
It's inevitable the quarterbacks are going to be a big talking point, although how much of an an underdog story is going to depend on the game. If Purdy is a huge part of a Niners win then that could impact how people remember the game. Maybe I'm wrong but I think given the closeness of the two teams means it lacks that build-up that the likes Joe Namath or the unfancied Patriots (w/Brady) going up against the Greatest Show on Turf had.

Last edited:
Associate
Today is going to be my 40th Superbowl (FML), right back to SB 18 and this:

Wowsers.

You have a few years and Superbowls on me. My first was the very one-sided Superbowl 21. Not to age myself and because no one ever believes me but I stayed up watching that game in the last year of primary school. My older brother got into the game and is a Niners fan so I have him to blame for all the late nights over the years.

Soldato
Wowsers.

You have a few years and Superbowls on me. My first was the very one-sided Superbowl 21. Not to age myself and because no one ever believes me but I stayed up watching that game in the last year of primary school. My older brother got into the game and is a Niners fan so I have him to blame for all the late nights over the years.

Yep, I'm still staying up even how for MNF and SNF, oh and TNF, I skip the odd one if it's not a very exciting matchup though.

Associate
SB, draft night and week 1 are the only late night games I book leave so I can watch live.

Heart wants 9ers but head says chiefs. Can't believe Chiefs are betting underdogs tbh. As Vegas set the line and it's in Vegas maybe they know stuff about how this goes.

Associate
Who's going to have the best UK coverage tonight?
I think Sky given how bad some of those ITV London games have been - although Freeview is fine. Sky pundits seem settled at the moment. That said anything where you can avoid the adverts is good imo. Been years since I've watched it via Game Pass so I'm not sure what the latest is with ads on that, i.e. do you still get the US ones.

Back
Top Bottom