Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

hux

hux

Soldato
What's the chances of that, just bought red tobacco and insurrection 2 wild and see similar in the comments.
Love the red tobacco, I can see why the start is polarizing.
Still waiting on insurrection, got it coming today and I love Naxos so can't wait.
Any suggestions for what women love, I'm thinking cedrat boise or instant crush.
Already got afnan not only intense and explorer.

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
I have Cedrat Boise intense and think it’s great !
Thanks I'll have a think, got the insurrection and I'm impressed. It's not wow, but for the price is a very decent frag.
Along a similar line to detour noir, in that it gets you close, I'll just buy Naxos eventually.
Red tobacco is impressive, but it'll take time to figure it out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks I'll have a think, got the insurrection and I'm impressed. It's not wow, but for the price is a very decent frag.
Asking a similar line to detour noir, in that it gets you close, I'll just Naxos eventually.
Red tobacco is impressive, but it'll take time to figure it out.
Naxos is fantastic. You won’t regret picking up a full bottle. Presentation on xerjoff is second to none.

Red tobacco is marmite… it’s very pungent but dries down beautifully. Also, you only need one or two sprays.

One fragrance I’ve been loving lately is the new Kenzo EDP (it’s in a dark blue shaped bamboo bottle) seriously good stuff.

Reactions: hux
Permabanned
Are you guys all loaded? I haven't bought aftershave for about 20 years but I just did some googling about brands in this discussion and noticed prices now are £70-£150 per bottle:eek:

That's insane.....and some of you have got several different bottles.

Soldato
Are you guys all loaded? I haven't bought aftershave for about 20 years but I just did some googling about brands in this discussion and noticed prices now are £70-£150 per bottle:eek:

Not loaded.. it became sort of a hobby of mine. I’ve calmed down now though. I’ve only bought a couple this year. :) my favorite pick up this year is probably Kenzo in the blue bamboo bottle. Second is Ganymede.

SPG

SPG

Soldato

Not loaded, but comfortable. (Worked hard for it as well from nowt :))

Soldato
Got some more aftershave..
* Versace The Dreamer - a subtle and different smell. Pleasant but but not a statement/overpowering smell.
* Mont Blanc white bottle Legend Spirit - smells similar to the black bottle one I’m almost through.

Bought the mrs some Alive and something else but i have got her some other perfumes for xmas.

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Naxos is fantastic. You won’t regret picking up a full bottle. Presentation on xerjoff is second to none.

Red tobacco is marmite… it’s very pungent but dries down beautifully. Also, you only need one or two sprays.

One fragrance I’ve been loving lately is the new Kenzo EDP (it’s in a dark blue shaped bamboo bottle) seriously good stuff.
Well I bought Alexandria 1981X and while nice, I'm not blown away with it.
So I've gone and bought Naxos, cost a penny as stocks are hard to find but I'm really looking forward to wearing it.

Soldato

Why yes, yes I am.

*blows nose with £50 note*

Soldato
Well I bought Alexandria 1981X and while nice, I'm not blown away with it.
So I've gone and bought Naxos, cost a penny as stocks are hard to find but I'm really looking forward to wearing it.
Be nice to hear your thoughts.

I was blown away on first sniff. It’s just oozes quality. The presentation and the juice.

hux

hux

Soldato
Be nice to hear your thoughts.

I was blown away on first sniff. It’s just oozes quality. The presentation and the juice.
Your are right there, the presentation is by far the best I've seen to date and I have a lot of frags to compare it with.
As for the smell it's divine. The Alexandria is good, but only an approximation bit like dua fortune only better.
The naxos is stronger, and yet easier on the nose. That mix of amber, tobacco and citrus to me is very prominent.
I love how smooth it is as well, despite being so complex nothing gets out of hand.
Unlike Alexandria that can come across too sweet and floral bordering on being sickly.

Yeah I'm hooked, I'm probably going to fish for others in the range, I've heard Brian may has done a collab with them.

Got some super iso e coming, can't wait to layer it with the naxos

Last edited:
Soldato
I really like the honey note in Naxos, it’s probably the strongest note my nose picks up and I love it.

Actually have a bottle of Torino 21 on the way should be here tomorrow or Wednesday!

Man of Honour
The Mrs got me a Valentino bottle recently, really like it but I still prefer Victor Number 9 lol and more recently tried out the blue bottle too which is rather excellent. I suppose I can stick to 3 fragrances :p

Back
Top Bottom