Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Soldato
I've never managed to like Amouage fragrance, beach hut man was ok, but the others are just too much.
There is more I don't like than I do from the house. But I clicked with Interlude Man, it's an experience. I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a burning temple, burnings for 8 hours before calming down to a sweet opoponax base.

Soldato
I've never managed to like Amouage fragrance, beach hut man was ok, but the others are just too much.
I have jubilation xxv, reflection, enclave, black iris and honour. Love them all.

Reflection is probably my favorite. Goes perfectly with a white buttoned shirt and jeans on a hot summer evening. Edit. It can be a bit polarising though due to the heavy neroli and Jasmine.

Gotta say though, a lot of amouage are an acquired taste.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a trip to Australia next month and looking to grab a bottle of Tom Ford and Terre De Hermes. Usually, I balk at the retail price here, but it does seem marginally cheaper at duty free.

Soldato
after spending far too much money over the years on various fragrances, I took a punt over Christmas and got some Badee Al Oud by Lattafa. 100ml bottle for £25.

Oh my word! It's so nice. I wear it to work everyday. Maybe one of my favourites. Going to try some others.

I've always liked testing arabic perfumes when I fly back via Bahrain. Never heard of Lattafa before, but they are popular in Dubai.

Last edited:
Soldato
after spending far too much money over the years on various fragrances, I took a punt over Christmas and got some Badee Al Oud by Lattafa. 100ml bottle for £25.

Oh my word! It's so nice. I wear it to work everyday. Maybe one of my favourites. Going to try some others.

I've always liked testing arabic perfumes when I fly back via Bahrain. Never heard of Lattafa before, but they are popular in Dubai.

Yes it’s Oud for Greatness but x10 cheaper and it’s marvellous. Lots of ‘best Lataffa clones’ on YouTube.

They also have a side-house called Maison Alhambra that do some decent TF Private Blend clones as well although they seem harder to get here.

Soldato
Yes it’s Oud for Greatness but x10 cheaper and it’s marvellous. Lots of ‘best Lataffa clones’ on YouTube.

They also have a side-house called Maison Alhambra that do some decent TF Private Blend clones as well although they seem harder to get here.

It's absolutely amazing isn't it. Can't get enough of the stuff :cry:

Soldato
It’s nuclear - I have to watch I don’t overspray for work but even being conservative it lasts from 6:30am till the evening and I get whiffs all day. For the price it’s absurd.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got Essential Parfums Bois Imperiale in the post today.

Stuff is strong. Jeez. Nice though. People compare it to Ganymede. It’s the same sort of style, but does not smell the same to me.

Soldato
just received a bottle of French lover for a good price. Damn this stuff is amazing. (You gotta like dry / green scents though) dries down very much like Royal Oud actually.

Soldato
just received a bottle of French lover for a good price. Damn this stuff is amazing. (You gotta like dry / green scents though) dries down very much like Royal Oud actually.

It's nice but not for everyone and not very versatile. Since working from home I have not reached for it for the past 4 years. It's a very formal/serious smelling scent and works best when dressed smartly, doesn't free right when dressed casually.

In other news, recently found out my bottle for Green Irish Tweed (2013), including my backup bottle (2016) has both gone off :(. The top notes don't smell right and lost its freshness, when it dries down it smells ok.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wear it dressed up or down. It’s so fresh straight outta the shower. :)

But then again, I wear what I want, when I want. Apart from heavy stuff in summer.

Consigliere
I tried Tom Ford - Noir over the weekend - really like it. I did like Black Orchard but Noir was more smokey.

YSL - Y was also tested and quite nice too. Similar. :)

Someone in Peter Jones was telling me about alcohol vs oil based...is there a way of knowing this or just a case of reading the ingredients all the time?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom