Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Associate
Got my fiancee a 30ml bottle of a Gucci floral perfume from the airport the other day (i believe it's Flora Gorgeous Gardenia). It was in a pink bottle cost almost $100 singapore, which is roughtly £70. I thought that was expensive, then i went to boots in england and it was there for £65. I thought well despite the price it is worth spending a tiny bit more as the perfume smells amazing to me and she loves it.
Anyway, can i have some recommendations for something fresh please, long-lasting and a daily driver (so not so in your face) (and a tiny bit manly - i'm not so manly i'd class myself as metro) and also maybe something similar to (excuse my limited aftershave experience) ck one/something like polo sport? sorry i can't be more descriptive. I currently have versache blue jeans and ralf lauren safari (for autumn). thanks for reading
Both CK One and Polo Sport are Citrus based, if you want another one like that then Terre D'Hermes as above is a good shout. I have the EDP but apparently the EDT is the quintessential TD'H. Go smell it before you buy.

Soldato
If you’re looking for a super fresh, good performing frag, go and have a snif of Montblanc Explorer Platinum - I picked up a 30ml last week for £25 !

Edit. It reminds of a mix of Chanel platinum egoiste and Hermes H24.

IMG-0707.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought some Kenzo for men, i didn't like it much t first when I tested it at first, but after an hour or so I kept getting little smells of it and once it's settled into your skin it's really good! So I went back and bought it.

52868495201_3f6a9bf2cb_b_d.jpg

Soldato
@Mobius 1 / @MrRockliffe - Just as you replied recently, what websites do you use to research?

I want to find one that lists the release dates so I can see what's new.

I’m definitely not the right person to ask :p

I have a look whenever I fancy getting some new stuff, and then just visit different stores until I find one I like.

Recently discovered Prada Luna Rossa Ocean, which is fresh but has a very sophisticated smell to it. An excellent every day smell.

Then you’ve got Loewe (pronounced loh-eh-veh), who do some incredible stuff.

Solo is a great range, and the Cedro version is my favourite of the bunch. Musky, woody and super intense. I always get compliments on it.

Fragrance is, of course, dependent on your own skin smell too.

A good trick I learned is to moisturise your skin first with an unscented, thick moisturiser, about 15-30 minutes before applying aftershave. I use CeraVe for this job.

Helps the aftershave soak into your skin better and retains the scent for longer.

Soldato
My bottle of Creed Aventus is nearly empty and I can't justify spending £300 on 100ml of this at the moment, so I had a look around for an alternative despite being aprehensive about how good they are. In the end I went for armaf club de nuit intense limited edition. I have just tried it on for the first time and am pleasently surpised as to how close to Aventus it is!

Associate
Coincidentally I took delivery of Club De Nuit Milestone yesterday. It's a half decent clone of Millesime Imperial. I say half decent, it's not bad really. It just lacks a little something when compared to Creed.
However 105mls costs £33 delivered, so I can't complain too much.

Last edited:
Soldato
I received a boots voucher for my birthday last month so decided to have a look at some fragrances despite the fact I've got a bucket load of bottles in my cupboard. Opted for the montblanc explorer in the black bottle.

A woody-aromatic scent, it has fresh green bergamot notes, contrasted by a rich vetiver and a woody patchouli.

No doubt I'll have that on the weekly rotation with my other fragrances.

Associate
I received a boots voucher for my birthday last month so decided to have a look at some fragrances despite the fact I've got a bucket load of bottles in my cupboard. Opted for the montblanc explorer in the black bottle.

No doubt I'll have that on the weekly rotation with my other fragrances.
Its Aventus-esque so I doubt you will be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom