NR200 Owner's Thread

Soldato
Finally received my NR200P MAX but not from OCUK :p

As you can see below it fits a 4080 FE perfectly and with a ModDIY 12VHPWR custom cable looks very neat. Of course I couldn't just do a fit and forget as that's quite easy in this case with the pre-installed AIO + PSU.

So I ordered an ASrock Z790M-ITX WiFi motherboard with eDP port and an Asrock 13.3" LCD panel kit.

Your processor must have an iGPU as the eDP port uses this to drive the "internal" LCD panel. Very important to remember that as it's not clearly stated from what I remember.

Temps are fine with a 4080 FE. I have 2 top 2 bottom exhaust fans. Plus the PSU is drawing air directly away from the FE rear exhaust fan. 50C in normal gaming and 60C when running Superposition 4K Extreme bench. My 4080 FE does have a mild undervolt applied which keeps power down to 270W or below most of the time. Very quiet even when running a bench.

dgvnP6M.jpg

dvFERLW.jpg

7fZ36SE.jpg

oRbvD9u.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's worth reiterating the eDP panel is an integrated display. That's how the Windows sees it and it's driven by the iGPU so not a 2nd display connected to the GPU.

Good for streaming, some trouble shooting (of the main GPU/monitor) and of course displaying lots of unnecessary stats :)

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still loving this case and the way you can remove all the panels for access. Just had to change the PSU on my son's full sized PC and cursed at how little access there was even though the case is huge. NR200P is much easier.

Associate
I planned my first build in 10 years in the NR200 (black colour), only to find I'm struggling to find it in stock in the UK.
Would anyone have any links for purchase in the UK at a reasonable price?
Current best price I've found is £126, which would be paying over the odds (!)

It's available in white but not wanting to compromise on colour if it can be avoided.

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Soldato
So, what AM4 air coolers are people using?

I've got my NR200 with cables hanging out everywhere at the mo as I didn't think to measure the cooler I had properly, so it don't flippin' fit...

Want to cool a 5700g, did have a nice Noctua NH-U12S redux when the build was in a Node304, but it's a touch to tall, I can get the side panel on, but not the side brace/bar thing, which is where I'm planning on sticking 2x 3.5" drives so everything i kinda hanging out on the desk at the mo...

Associate

I've got my NR200 with cables hanging out everywhere at the mo as I didn't think to measure the cooler I had properly, so it don't flippin' fit...

Want to cool a 5700g, did have a nice Noctua NH-U12S redux when the build was in a Node304, but it's a touch to tall, I can get the side panel on, but not the side brace/bar thing, which is where I'm planning on sticking 2x 3.5" drives so everything i kinda hanging out on the desk at the mo...

I think you will struggle with the side brace bar being in situ. Most use a top down cooker rather than tower cooler when the bar is in place. Maybe consolidate to fewer drives. Also there is a mount position on the outside of the psu cage for hdd in case you didn’t know.

Edit, actually it looks like you already have hdd on psu cage. Maybe try bottom of case to mount there?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll probably stick my older NH-L9a-AM4 on there that I had on my 3400g, it says its compatible with the 5700g but with no turbo/oc, but as I run Win11 I could run Ryzen master and tweak my voltages to dro the temps a bit, there is also going to be 2x120mm noctuas in the top of the case so shouldn't be too much of an issue..

I deffo need that side brace in there though as I have a 3d printed part to hang 2 drives off of it, I could also stick another fan in on that...

Associate

I've got a NH-L12S cooling a 5800X, swapped the slim Noctua fan for a Silverstone Air Slimmer 120 (I found the Noctua fan was making sort of a rasping sound at higher rpms, the Air Slimmer has been quieter + slightly cooler) and have a 120mm side intake fan blowing onto it too from the horizontal fan bracket.

Temps are 36-39 idle, mid 60s in games and with the odd spike to mid 70s randomly when browsing YouTube/installing etc. Those temps are with fairly low fan curves, don't have any of the fans going past 50% speed at load.

With that set-up, there's still a decent amount of space between the fan on the bracket and the slim fan on the cooler, to the extent that I've been thinking about getting a thicker 140mm fan for the side bracket, half for peace of mind that the rest of the motherboard components get suitable cooling and half just because it's something to tinker with.

Soldato
So, we are built...

Stuck the slim heatsink in there for now, I'll push the system and see how hot I can get it once I've had a play with fan curves to lower noise, then I'll have a play with curve optimiser.
If the L9a doesn't do the job then there's the NH-L9x65 which has a chonkier heatsink, but, I don't think I'll need it as there's the stock fan on the heatsink, then there's a fan in the side bar (NH-U12S) blowing directly at the heatsink as well, then I have a pair of NF-A12x25's in the top of the case shoving air out of the top so fair to say airflow not an issue..

One thing I might do is 3d print a couple of 2.5" brackets that fit into the rear of the case where the slots are, rather than having them behind the front panel, then if I do that I'll get away with running all of the SATA drives from my controller which means I can use a single 4 end SATA power cable as at the mo I'm running the 2x2.5" SATA drives on the controller then the 3 spinners from the SATA headers on the board, if I run everything off of the controller I'll be able to ditch the 3x SATA cables and one of the 4 way PSU-SATA cables as well so will tidy things up a bit inside.

Deffo happy with the case though, I was looking at the NR200 when I shrank my main rig down from mATX to iTX, but the NR200 Max wasn't in stock, there were issues with the v1 NZXT H1 so I ended up going down the Meshilicious route, I then bought the v2 NZXT case for a build for the offspring and now have the NR200 for my iTX to smaller iTX server rebuild.
I would have been happier with the NR200 if I hadn't got the Meshy, size wise they're similar, but the Meshy stands up taller where the NR200 is deeper, so depending on what your desk space is like one might suit you over the other.

The weakest of the 3 is definatly, by a country mile, the NZXT H1, the stock fans/AIO are just shocking, you just cant make it quiet, although I do have a couple more Noctua fans so I might stick them in it in an attempt to get a better cooling/noise balance, luckily the offspring is usually on Facetime or listening to music while she uses the machine so she doesn't notice it as much as I do...

For those that care, link to a couple of build pics..

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I know the V2 is due imminently but is there a V2 of the max due soon, stock seems low and my Amazon order has just been bumped back to May with only one other company showing stock but 10% more expensive.

Soldato
Was excited to see there was a V2 on the way, then I had a look at it. They've butchered it from the original. :rolleyes:

Basically just decided everyone wants an AIO nowadays and if you don't then tough luck.

Soldato
Did a minor rebuild yesterday.

Moved the drive from the PSU frame and dropped it down so its just held on by the bottom 2 screws on the PSU frame, moved the PSU up onto the higher set of mounts.
Moved the 2x 2.5" SSD's from the front of the case on to a 3d printed dual 2.5" rail that goes into the PCI slots on the rear of the case.
Moved all of the drives to the SAS controller card, due to the cable being a Dell one I'm limited by how much space I can have between the drives, this is why the 2.5's and the drive on the PSU frame were moved, if I can find a better cable at some point I'll recable, but its allowed me to remove one of the power cables from the system and all of the SATA cables.
Added a heatsink to the rear NVME drive that sits on the back of the motherboard.

As mentioned above, if I can find a better SAS cable, then I'll swap that.
This Dell one I am using allows me to use one SATA power cable (with 4 connectors on it) to power all of the drives in the system to keep some of the cable routing neater, check out 42N7H it 042N7H and you'll see what I mean, but I want something similar but with a bit more length (that's what she said) so I can mount the drive on the PSU frame properly and then maybe, maybe, give me room for more drives, I can stick 8 on the controller and only have 5 on there at the mo, 2.5" SSD's would be nice if they weren't so damned expensive at the mo..

Now its built I'll have a play with fan curves and tweaking the PBO settings to bring the temps down, although I might also get the larger heatsink, just to make the job easier...

Updated pics in the Dropbox folder linked above.

Associate
Was excited to see there was a V2 on the way, then I had a look at it. They've butchered it from the original. :rolleyes:

Basically just decided everyone wants an AIO nowadays and if you don't then tough luck.
I loved my NR200P. Had to move away from it when I went RTX 4090. Now though, with V2, I can return to a small power box.

I build my daughter a PC (for Christmas) in my old NR200P. I see it every day and pine after it. Soon.

Soldato
I loved my NR200P. Had to move away from it when I went RTX 4090. Now though, with V2, I can return to a small power box.

I build my daughter a PC (for Christmas) in my old NR200P. I see it every day and pine after it. Soon.

The V2 will be a success like the original was but to basically get rid of air cooling as an option, is annoying.

I think the V2 and Max are too similar for that reason. An Air V2 would be nice to cover that gap in the market and then I'd have nothing to complain about. :p

Soldato
Is there any chance that they will start doing parts again for the NR200? I have a very slight scratch on the front panel but cannot find a replacement anywhere and it annoys me like a stuck pixel on a monitor.

Associate
I think you will struggle with the side brace bar being in situ. Most use a top down cooker rather than tower cooler when the bar is in place. Maybe consolidate to fewer drives. Also there is a mount position on the outside of the psu cage for hdd in case you didn’t know.

Edit, actually it looks like you already have hdd on psu cage. Maybe try bottom of case to mount there?
I've mounted my SSDs behind the front panel of the case with some sticky velcro.

Associate
The V2 will be a success like the original was but to basically get rid of air cooling as an option, is annoying.

I think the V2 and Max are too similar for that reason. An Air V2 would be nice to cover that gap in the market and then I'd have nothing to complain about. :p
I didnt realise the v2 was made for the AiO.

I'm on the fence whether to get a fractal terra but that silly "I'm sophisticated, look at me" wooden panel on the front puts me right off.

Associate
Not fancy using the holes that are on the front?
Thats where I put mine before I printed the dual 2.5" PCI bracket.
Nah I had some velcro tabs that I started using a while ago and they just make things so much easier. Just pull them off when you want to remove them rather than unscrewing them. I have 4 layered 2 on top of each other. Plenty of room.

Back
Top Bottom