• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia App - the new replacement for the Legacy Nvidia Control Panel,Geforce Experience and RTX Experience

Soldato
Hardware Unboxed and Gamersnexus have done some testing of it today:

Bumpf on the Nvidia website and a download link for the Beta: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-app-beta-download/

NvApp now will merge Geforce Experience,Nvidia Control Panel and RTX Experience functionality. Also no need to login using your e-mail address.

Last edited:
Soldato
My only complaint is the dark background, I wish the app had a light grey or white backgroundn

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I really didn't see the problem with the old one, it did everything it was supposed to do and was simple to use. What on earth are people doing to spend so much time in a driver control panel that they feel it isn't up to scratch? Now we have a bloated heap of crap with junk in it that I will never use such as Geforce experience and it looks like they will be pushing games at us (probably gpu's as well) through it so even more advertising to put up with. On top of that we could be seeing the first ever 1GB+ driver downloads. It's a driver!! Why the hell do we need a app? I suppose this will now kill off being able to cut down the driver so that we can do a minimum install.

Associate
I really didn't see the problem with the old one, it did everything it was supposed to do and was simple to use. What on earth are people doing to spend so much time in a driver control panel that they feel it isn't up to scratch? Now we have a bloated heap of crap with junk in it that I will never use such as Geforce experience and it looks like they will be pushing games at us (probably gpu's as well) through it so even more advertising to put up with. On top of that we could be seeing the first ever 1GB+ driver downloads. It's a driver!! Why the hell do we need a app? I suppose this will now kill off being able to cut down the driver so that we can do a minimum install.

We found him guys

Associate
They needed something to compete with AMDs software which was pretty much the only thing that was better on team red.

Can't say of used the GPU drivers as I have a Nvidia card, but their Ryzen Master Software is pretty damn easy to use, very smooth and works smoothly.

More than anything having everything in a single piece of software will be nice. It's a pain in the arse having to go on the website to download drivers because it wont let me do it unless i log in. I mean christ the only reason my driver is 1 month old is because I fresh installed windows last month. Before that it was nearly a year out of date. I think my laptop is about 2 years out of date.

Caporegime

Do gig plus driver downloads really mean much these days? They've been hovering around 600+ megs for donkeys years now, a few more seconds to download isn't gonna change much.

Associate
Do gig plus driver downloads really mean much these days? They've been hovering around 600+ megs for donkeys years now, a few more seconds to download isn't gonna change much.
Yep, I'm always surprised at the size and how quickly they build up in the 'downloads' folder. It doesn't really matter with todays storage medium, so I'm not too bothered with a little extra heft.

Soldato
They needed something to compete with AMDs software which was pretty much the only thing that was better on team red.

The Nvidia app is still way behind AMD but in the right direction. I installed it but it's basically one page for settings and another page for the game profiles. Very bare bones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom