• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia App - the new replacement for the Legacy Nvidia Control Panel,Geforce Experience and RTX Experience

Soldato
ui never really bothered me , rarely ever need to look at it once setup, but would welcome undervolt/OC and as detailed overlay so no need to install something extra like MSI afterburner

Last edited:
Soldato
That's annoying. My PC is hooked up to a desktop monitor for work, and my G2 OLED for gaming.

Will stick with the NvTrueHDR hack thing until they sort that out.

Aye, I know it's a beta but that's really poor. I have a similar setup and prefer the mod. Yet again work carried out by talented geeks for free is better than the corporate goons. Poor stuff.

To be honest it's only the modding scene that keeps me interested in PC gaming these days.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's about time in my opinion. Not so much because of looks but for fixing the insanity of splitting basic features into NcP and GFE and finally creating a fast and smooth(hopefully), one-stop shop for everything your brand offers. They may as well axe all the telemetry BS while they are at it. One can dream, right?

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried this last night, apart from crashing DayZ the GPU Utilisation is always stuck at 0% with a few others saying N/A.. this is Early Access/Alpha like DayZ was back in 2013 :cry:

I remember when AMD brought their new software, its pretty much worked for the most part.. until i purchased a 5700XT, RMA'd that and all was well again with my RX 580 lol

I'll stick with NVCP, i clean my own drivers and never use GeForce Experience anyway :)

Caporegime
Tried it 20 years ago but left to default cuz i need to check photos in their natual quality without enhancements.

Is this not different to just jacking up vibrance though? I've never liked ENB, redux mods due to blown out highlights, crushed detail etc. This seems to be a way of injecting some colour into washed out games and not face those issues though?

Along with dying light 2 big update, sons of forest got a big update too and hdr is still broke but worry not, RTX HDR to the rescue, looks stunning and the cave areas especially, absolute must have this now for HDR gamers :cool:

Soldato
Great… replace a perfectly simple UI with a needless separate app because reasons.

I too bet it will end up with ads and telemetry built in. Hopefully by then I can tear it out like I do with the current drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great… replace a perfectly simple UI with a needless separate app because reasons.

I too bet it will end up with ads and telemetry built in. Hopefully by then I can tear it out like I do with the current drivers.

It's only simple if you don't need to do anything

Soldato
I was getting an error regarding RTX HDR something about DSR or Image scaling although both were off.

Performed a clean re-installation from the Nvidia APP and RTX HDR plus all the other filters are working now.

How does one use the RTX HDR then? Do I need HDR on in windows but auto HDR off?
You can turn AUTO HDR off per game basis if you want. Display Settings -> Graphics.

Last edited:
Soldato
I finally got RTX hdr working in immortals of Aveum. The problem I had was that even after pressing apply in the nvidia app, it doesn't registered the changes until the nvidia app is restarted- once I close and reopen the app then launch the game, then it work and looks pretty good, I just wish the UI wasn't also so bright to avoid burn in so for now I've got the hdr slider down to 400nits in this game due to the always on HUD/UI, even at 400 it still looks way better than sdr

Apart from that the Nvidia app seems to have other bugs related to hdr as well - I did the same process to get hdr in the new Forza and once I booted the game the entire screen look washed up like Vaseline was over it and I tried tweaking the RTX hdr settings in the overlay and nothing helped. Eventually I tried turning off RTX hdr in the overlay and then as soon as I removed it the Vaseline disappeared and I was presently with an insanely contrasted bright hdr image, and according to the Nvidia app hdr was off yet it was clearly working - so yeah in Forza is you turn hdr on in the Nvidia = Vaseline hdr, turn hdr off in the overlay = proper HDR

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom