OCUK BUILD LOG -ULTIMA PLESIOSAUR

Soldato
Nice job on the build pics :). I'd say you should add an option to add the GPUs to the water loops though since they're a bit too cosey in that build for my liking :p.

Soldato
OP
Very nice indeed, and neat, can I make a suggestion though to add at least 1 space between the 580's will make a massive diff to both cards temps, if poss 2 spaces.

We have run x2 580's on air in SLI like this with no problems whatsoever. Spacing would decrease temps however we have used reference design cards so that they pull in air from the front of the case and exhausted out the rear.

Nice job on the build pics :). I'd say you should add an option to add the GPUs to the water loops though since they're a bit too cosey in that build for my liking :p.

Watercooled GPUs would be difficult to acheive in this case whilst keeping the CPU cool as you could probably only add another single rad without modifying the case somewhat.

Could you add an option of water cooling the gfx cards, but I know it's going to be hard shipping out water cooled gfx cards, maybe a collection only service?

As above but we are creating a beasty tri SLI fully watercooled rig soon enough.

Soldato
:( :( My bank is £3000! And I begged myself "I want this!" This system look very superb indeed. Well done ocuk!

How much it total cost to have 2 x GTX580 with custom water along with the CPU ?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
the 580s wont be able to be included in the loop as the radiator cant handle it.
two fermi cards and a SB CPU need at least a quad radiator.

Soldato
RJK quick question not relevant to this but would a 360mm rad and a 200mm rad be good enough for cpu and sli 580 cooling?

OcUK Staff
:( :( My bank is £3000! And I begged myself "I want this!" This system look very superb indeed. Well done ocuk!

How much it total cost to have 2 x GTX580 with custom water along with the CPU ?

The Price of the system to buy today is £2677.93Inc Vat + Delivery

ok fair enough but surely can you get a quad radiator if there is an option to buy ?

You could fit a 360 rad in the top but that would require cutting the case which for this type of system wouldn't be an option for us.

Soldato
woah, those graphics cards are going to get HOT. theres bugger all breathing room for either of them

i assume the sound card doesnt fit in the top PCIe slot, because that would help the bottom card for sure.

also, im very surprised that this didnt include watercooling the graphics cards :(

mug is awesome though, will it go on sale?

Back
Top Bottom