OCUK BUILD LOG -ULTIMA PLESIOSAUR

Soldato
The fan on one card is pretty much blocked out by the other, how is that a good thing and not going to shorten the life of the card in the long run? I wouldn't be happy having cards so close together like that.

Associate
Can't wait to see the rest chaps. Keep it up!

To Potential Buyers - I can certainly recommend the expertise and service by OCUK when it comes to high end systems as I've purchased something similar in the past myself.

Just get one.

Kind Regards,
Sam

OcUK Staff
The fan on one card is pretty much blocked out by the other, how is that a good thing and not going to shorten the life of the card in the long run? I wouldn't be happy having cards so close together like that.

As stated by Nathan previously, the cards used are reference design so they don't pull much Air in from the fan itself. The card draws cold air in from the front of the case using the intake holes built into the card and then blows this cold air over the vapour changer cooler which is then pushed out of the exhaust ports on the rear of the case. This also prevents hot air being exhausted into the case which in turn causes everything to run hotter.

Soldato
Looks cracking, but seems a bit pointless having all that fancy cooling stuff for a cpu which can be very comfortably cooled by an air cooler.

If there is any chance Nathan, some performance figures when you're done?

Soldato
Just had a thought, OcUK should put a few of the pics from the build up on the shop website under the item sale section so people who aren't forum members can see what they're going to get and how it's made.

Soldato
OP
Looks cracking, but seems a bit pointless having all that fancy cooling stuff for a cpu which can be very comfortably cooled by an air cooler.

If there is any chance Nathan, some performance figures when you're done?

Sure man, we are testing the system right now and will have screenshot and more pics up soon.

Also guys, the mug is not for sale :p

Rumour has it that we are getting mugs made with the new style logo!

Soldato
Nathan - Thanks for your reply. I can never afford such a system but nice to see what you are capable of making.

Also - I want one of those mugs, as do a few other people ;) I'll use it in the office at work........ free advertising (pretty plz!) :)

Back
Top Bottom