OcUK HQ Motors Meet Take 4 - Cars, Computers & More - Saturday 25th May 2024

Soldato
Just looking at the photo of the premises, I remember when the entire shop was about the size of the new places reception!

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Due to the incredible response without having to even market this meet, entries for further show cars is now closed.
As per the forms not everyone will be accepted for displaying, but forum members will get priority. :)

We still have some small capacity for those wishing to just come and enjoy the car/computer meet, but due to expected big turn out, cars will or might be required to park elsewhere and make a short walk, the options are:

- Park at Autobrite which is about a seven minute walk away. (Anyone bringing trailers HAVE to park their trailer at Autobrite).
- Park in Morrisons car park in Festival park and then walk through the small wood / public footpath about ten minutes on foot.

We have around 120 show cars confirmed and around 50 visitors confirmed, once we market we will probably have around 100-200 visiting cars on the day, so with all cars we could expect as many as 300-400 people, but realistically were expecting 200-300, still going to be a huge turn out with a focus on computers and cars.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

So at somepoint next month all those on the list shall be emailed informing them if they have been accepted or not to display their vehicle, in short pretty much every OcUK forum member gets automatic acceptance. :)

OCUK-Anniversary-Event-Map-Final.jpg

So far food wise we shall have:
- Goodwins Coffee Van/Trailer (all day)
- Bowes Pizza (10am - 4pm maximum of 120 pizzas)
- Burger / Bacon van (8am - 1pm)
- Ice cream van

We will also be doing a lap time competition on the day on some racing simulators with the top prize been an RTX 4080 Super up for grabs, I won't give details of the game or track, to make it fair to everyone. ;)

In April you will start getting invites with instructions on what parking zone you are allocated too along with your arrival time, print these off and bring with you on the day please. Do not invite your friends cars along, as if they are not on the list, they won't be getting in, only those who have filled in the form will be accepted and allocated a display space on the day.

@Scania can consider himself a VIP as he has a space with his name on it. :D

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Highly honoured! :)

Given my slot is one of your loading docks, I'm assuming there's room for the full combination? - it's a much better look with a trailer - just a thought.

Hi mate

Can bring a trailer yes, but due to amount of cars you will need to be one of the first arrivals, so 8am please and won't be able to leave until 3-4pm, if that works for you?

Caporegime
Hopefully Gibbo doesn't recognise that this is just the pre-amble for Scania to pull off an epic Oceans 11 style heist :D
RTX 5090's coming soon at a good deal to friends..... ;) :D

Christ on a bike, how much would a 13.6metre long, 15'6" high trailer full of high end GPU's be worth??? :eek:

@Gibbo - would it be ok if I added my Fiancée Anne to the list of attendees?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
RTX 5090's coming soon at a good deal to friends..... ;) :D

Christ on a bike, how much would a 13.6metre long, 15'6" high trailer full of high end GPU's be worth??? :eek:

@Gibbo - would it be ok if I added my Fiancée Anne to the list of attendees?

Yes assuming she is your +1 and not bringing her own vehicle.

Soldato
A probably really silly question - The invites that'll be sent out later, will those include the 35-ish "visitor parking" spots as well as the 100+ show cars or just for the show cars?

OcUK Staff
OP
A probably really silly question - The invites that'll be sent out later, will those include the 35-ish "visitor parking" spots as well as the 100+ show cars or just for the show cars?

Only show cars are guaranteed a space.

If a visitor then it’s advised to aim for around 10am arrival but as we will have general footfall on the day once visitor parking is full then I’m afraid parking will have to be found elsewhere. Closest alternative parking is Autobrite and then Morrisons on Festival Park.

Back
Top Bottom