Poll: Official 2023 Sao Paulo Grand Prix Thread - Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace, Sao Paulo - Round 21

Rate the Interlagos Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

img

img

Associate
The very fact that Perez will get 2nd in the championship, even after his woeful qualifying and countless mistakes/poor performances tells you everything about how dominant that car is.

I guarantee if Alonso, Leclerc, Norris, Hamilton, Sianz, or Russell were in that 2nd RB seat they would have had a 1-2 for virtually every single race this year.
True. They should have been 1-2 in this race once he was past Alonso. Leclerc would probably have continued some of his bad luck but without the terrible team decisions.

Soldato
True. They should have been 1-2 in this race once he was past Alonso. Leclerc would probably have continued some of his bad luck but without the terrible team decisions.
Its so true mate and reason why Hamilton has said max co drivers have been crap compared to Hamilton co drivers.

Botas more o less finished 2nd most races and roseberg won a title ahead of Hamilton.
VS...

Albon?

Perez?

Caporegime
Its so true mate and reason why Hamilton has said max co drivers have been crap compared to Hamilton co drivers.

Botas more o less finished 2nd most races and roseberg won a title ahead of Hamilton.
VS...

Albon?

Perez?

Bottas was decent-ish. He was very good at qualifying, although not quite as good on race day.

I think Bottas would be doing better than Perez in that Red Bull.

Caporegime
unfortunately the regulations don't allow for any unlapping under Red Flag scenarios because at that point there is no racing, once the decision was taken for a standing start all cars go out in grid order for a formation lap then those that have to start from the pit lane drop in, during formation laps you're not allowed to adjust your lap position.

So... it turns out that the rules do allow unlapping (from the sporting regs):

58.4 At the two (2) minute point any cars between the safety car and the leader, in addition to any cars that had been lapped by the leader at the time the sprint session or the race was suspended, will be allowed to leave the pit lane and complete a further lap, without overtaking, enter the pit lane and then join the line of cars behind the safety car.​

Which suggests there was an error in the application of the rules here.

Associate
but from my understanding the problem with that rule is the cars were not ready to follow the safety car before the red flag came out thereby not able to unlap themselves, the restart was a formation lap not a safety car

Soldato
I mean, it's fairly common knowledge. I just listened to Killshot which is.. fine. And I like Eminem. No Vaseline by Ice Cube is still the best diss track ever.

*HIT EM UP by 2Pac and Ether by Nas just entered the battle* (Eminems best 'diss' track is against Mariah Carey)

sorry, back OT.

Caporegime
but from my understanding the problem with that rule is the cars were not ready to follow the safety car before the red flag came out thereby not able to unlap themselves, the restart was a formation lap not a safety car

The safety car isn't relevant. The part that matters is "in addition to any cars that had been lapped by the leader at the time the sprint session or the race was suspended". This is supposed to happen before the formation lap.

Maybe there was a reason they couldn't - perhaps the car wasn't ready in time - or perhaps they did actually go out and we didn't see it but they were actually two laps down and only able to recover one. I'm not sure.

Man of Honour
Hass Right to Review has been rejected, but Stewards are critical of their ability to properly monitor track limits and recommend new solutions.

F-gCocgbQAEQ1dW.jpg

F-gCoecbgAAuhbJ.jpg

F-gCog4agAAErdQ.jpg

F-gCohsbUAATJ4x.jpg

F-gCojhb0AA-baB.jpg

F-gCodhagAEhwLn.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Hass Right to Review has been rejected, but Stewards are critical of their ability to properly monitor track limits and recommend new solutions.
I appreciate you posting stuff like this, so this is not aimed at you at all. But how sad that following F1 now means reading through PDFs relating to decisions incorrectly applied two races ago - because they might affect the championship standings/finishings :( Is this the sport now or what... :o

Don
I appreciate you posting stuff like this, so this is not aimed at you at all. But how sad that following F1 now means reading through PDFs relating to decisions incorrectly applied two races ago - because they might affect the championship standings/finishings :( Is this the sport now or what... :o
forget two races ago - just wait until Massa wins his 2008 legal challenge!

Soldato
forget two races ago - just wait until Massa wins his 2008 legal challenge!
Per my reply in the Off Topic thread maybe that's what they need to get their house in order... We all know if Massa wins his 2008 challenge (lol) then 2021 is a slam dunk for Hamilton.

Again, it goes back to stuff like DQ'ing Hamilton and Leclerc for "random" tests. You can't pick and choose with rules like that, that will have such a massive impact on the results. These things need to be set in stone.

Soldato
Per my reply in the Off Topic thread maybe that's what they need to get their house in order... We all know if Massa wins his 2008 challenge (lol) then 2021 is a slam dunk for Hamilton.

Again, it goes back to stuff like DQ'ing Hamilton and Leclerc for "random" tests. You can't pick and choose with rules like that, that will have such a massive impact on the results. These things need to be set in stone.
If you're referring to Austin then you are incorrect as it was not random at all. The decision to test the plank thickness on those two cars was firstly based upon the ride heights submitted for the Mercedes and the Ferrari, then again secondly on the vertical movement of each car in the race.
Clearly the ride heights of those two cars were enough of a difference from the others to raise the suspicion that they were running low in an attempt to generate better downforce which in turn would lead to excessive plank wear. They then tested other cars to confirm.
If you weren't then my apologies...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom