Poll: Official 2023 Sao Paulo Grand Prix Thread - Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace, Sao Paulo - Round 21

Rate the Interlagos Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

img

img

Associate
Skipped far too much from middle of race. Voted for 3. Lets see next race. One for the highlights if you didnt watch it yet.

Soldato
This race was dull, I don't normally move from my seat, but this race I found myself wandering away to do other things.

Also another show of how poor Perez is, it was obvious what Alonso was doing, but Perez just tried the same thing over and over again, he finally figured it out and made the overtake, then messed up and lost it again.

Soldato
Soldato
This race was dull, I don't normally move from my seat, but this race I found myself wandering away to do other things.

Also another show of how poor Perez is, it was obvious what Alonso was doing, but Perez just tried the same thing over and over again, he finally figured it out and made the overtake, then messed up and lost it again.
Are you going to call Hamilton crap as well when Fernando held him up lap after lap in Hungary 2021? In what was a massively massively faster car

Soldato
Dull race for the most part. Alonso vs Perez was a nice end though. It's fascinating about the Mercs. Love to understand the whys on them going backwards.

Last edited:
Soldato
So would Mercedes, as they clearly don’t understand it either.
It's simple, when they set their ride height to be illegal the car is better, when they increase the ride height the back end doesn't grip and the tyres suffer. Clearly they perused a concept that didn't work last year so why they thought it would in this is a failing.

As for the ground effect being detrimental, to put it more eloquently, this needs to be clarified. Simply means that ground effect cars can follow each other far more closely for lap after lap than without the ground effect, as demonstrated by several cars on Sunday.
Just because one or two teams don't seem to be able to get it right doesn't mean it should be shelved.

As far as yesterdays race was concerned, there were some brilliant and fantastic drives from several drivers and that, for me, made it intriguing and definitely not boring.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Horner - Checo that was a big drive. Unfortunately just missed out mate.

Perez - Yeah ***** Ahhhh. Yeah. Don't know what to say. We shouldn't have followed Lewis in. Yeah but anyway, good points.

Pit - He just pipped you. One hell of a fight.

Horner - That was a strong drive Checo. So, so unlucky on that last lap. You gave it everything. And good points verses uh you know for the P2.

Perez - Yeah exactly. Well done. hell of a race

Lol, he wasn't unlucky. He had the faster car but Alonso is just better.

Skill issue. Nothing to do with luck.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mostly boring race. Gave it a 4 due to Alonso mugging off Perez on the last lap.

Awful race for Mercedes. Don't know how they can go from getting a comfortable 2nd in Mexico to struggling to stay in the points here. I guess likewise, Aston have done the reverse. It's very interesting how massively track sensitive some of the cars can be.

Feels like the FIA radio'd in to Max near the start asking if he could at least make it look like he was being troubled by Norris, if just for a lap. He puts on a little show then blazes off into the distance.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Why were Piastri and Ricciardo so far behind if they started from the pits? Surely they'd only be a couple seconds behind the pack rather than an entire lap down? What did I miss?

Caporegime
Why were Piastri and Ricciardo so far behind if they started from the pits? Surely they'd only be a couple seconds behind the pack rather than an entire lap down? What did I miss?

They pitted on the end of lap one due to damage, but the red flag wasn't dropped immediately so they ended up being counted as a lap down when they started. I'm not sure why they weren't allowed to unlap themselves during the red flag.

Reactions: mjt
Soldato
It's simple, when they set their ride height to be illegal the car is better, when they increase the ride height the back end doesn't grip and the tyres suffer. Clearly they perused a concept that didn't work last year so why they thought it would in this is a failing.

I think the only simple thing is you if you think Merc's problems are that simple.

By that logic, does that mean Ferrari have also been running an illegal car at many race this season? or was LeClerc mistakenly driving a red Mercedes at Austin? It's been done to death in the Austin thread but by the fact half the cars checked failed and from 2 different teams, it's a stronger suggestion it was something unique to that weekend. Especially given the amount of complaints on how bumpy the track was this year.

Associate
Besides being a lap down, it looked like they started the race whilst they was still driving into the pits, so they came out well behind the pack. I'd have thought theyd normaly wait for them to park up at the end of the pit lane before starting but didnt appear to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjt
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom