*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Soldato
Hi all,

Just a share from me, I've finally been brave enough to do a big bit of meat on my Kamado last weekend for a roast dinner. I did a joint of Top Rump, seared it first, then cooked on indirect heat (c180-190c) until internal temp of 55c.

Results were great, fantastic taste from the coal and a good smoke ring (with no added wood at all). Really enjoying the Big K restaurant grade lumpwood charcoal I purchased last year.

PS. Ignore my foil tray, it was an attempt at something to use as a baste to put over the top. It did work for a while, until it burnt a little bit more :)

AEYmBYQmGNto2j-HITizU6HdEmHdCGVUmppwS6J1mTxAUhrE3EQLh8hJvymegqeDbUMgQaY7pJrRii_qO5MvmfQXnQ94wdSWfw=s1600

AEYmBYRcO-90nUjFILoqm9W_zvcFi42lokCUQbwiBDWXJXg6dQAHqLMk6rI06Jn-Pkcc6QWJgRWME-lj0FwUDh6bl7Uvbk0ubw=s1600

AEYmBYRRvOopDvh_up_6Gp-WN0VsLpw0EUdbd1w2kUzjQ068TDFikPYjS4fnJeOABRYb4za_s1hfOUgOSUYQBcMAdblSueuS=s1600

AEYmBYRcceJF4f6wpmw858vZtcZ1FCcztnvMjWKOC71numxGOB0H4ePsZl8cPn10apDvuwLK6YUK-AkEWV2CIqXXaI8tcAXOFg=s1600

Last edited:
Associate
Grabbed Big K Dura 15KG as had 15% off before the end of Feb if anyone fancies stocking up. Gave the Kettle a soak and clean hopefully to use on Sat!
Nothing fancy but fancy using it a lot more than just the 'Summer' months.

Soldato
I had hoped to use my BBQ a lot this year but when my relationship ended, it feels a little pointless making lots of effort just for me and my boy. I've planned in a gathering with some friends in June but that's all I've got booked in for now so still doesn't feel like a lot of point doing much.

Soldato
I had hoped to use my BBQ a lot this year but when my relationship ended, it feels a little pointless making lots of effort just for me and my boy. I've planned in a gathering with some friends in June but that's all I've got booked in for now so still doesn't feel like a lot of point doing much.
Make the effort for your boy, he'll appreciate it. Can't let her take your BBQ experience away from you.

Soldato
This....be a great bonding exercise and education with the lad. Hopefully you get over these ghosts and get that boding time in when you're up for it.

He does enjoy watching the temps going up and he's really good at pulling pork once it's done. Obviously I've taught him the best rule of cooking bbq food, what I like to call 'Chef's Privilege' whereby the chef(s) get to pick at the best bits while pulling the pork or slicing the brisket or whatever we've cooked! :cry:

Soldato
Hi all,

Just a share from me, I've finally been brave enough to do a big bit of meat on my Kamado last weekend for a roast dinner. I did a joint of Top Rump, seared it first, then cooked on indirect heat (c180-190c) until internal temp of 55c.

Results were great, fantastic taste from the coal and a good smoke ring (with no added wood at all). Really enjoying the Big K restaurant grade lumpwood charcoal I purchased last year.

PS. Ignore my foil tray, it was an attempt at something to use as a baste to put over the top. It did work for a while, until it burnt a little bit more :)

AEYmBYQmGNto2j-HITizU6HdEmHdCGVUmppwS6J1mTxAUhrE3EQLh8hJvymegqeDbUMgQaY7pJrRii_qO5MvmfQXnQ94wdSWfw=s1600

AEYmBYRcO-90nUjFILoqm9W_zvcFi42lokCUQbwiBDWXJXg6dQAHqLMk6rI06Jn-Pkcc6QWJgRWME-lj0FwUDh6bl7Uvbk0ubw=s1600

AEYmBYRRvOopDvh_up_6Gp-WN0VsLpw0EUdbd1w2kUzjQ068TDFikPYjS4fnJeOABRYb4za_s1hfOUgOSUYQBcMAdblSueuS=s1600

AEYmBYRcceJF4f6wpmw858vZtcZ1FCcztnvMjWKOC71numxGOB0H4ePsZl8cPn10apDvuwLK6YUK-AkEWV2CIqXXaI8tcAXOFg=s1600
Looks great, nicely done. If you want to use a drip tray without burning, try putting some liquid in to start.

Associate
Has anyone purchased a decent Barbecue Shelter? Looking at a few options to cover the Weber 57 and Gozney Pizza oven to allow a bit of shelter and make it a section where all the outdoor food bits goes and cooking area.

Back
Top Bottom