*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Permabanned
picked a temp spike up the other day £53 do own a thermo pro wired to wirless with 4 probes .. but this for the price wow had the son and his missus over cooked 2 med chicken on the m/b 800 stuck the probe in and din't have to check it .. great ..
i did make a different setting for the chicken .. 80c as 74c for me is a little risky but still turned out nice and moist ..really happy i got one ..

Associate
picked a temp spike up the other day £53 do own a thermo pro wired to wirless with 4 probes .. but this for the price wow had the son and his missus over cooked 2 med chicken on the m/b 800 stuck the probe in and din't have to check it .. great ..
i did make a different setting for the chicken .. 80c as 74c for me is a little risky but still turned out nice and moist ..really happy i got one ..

Grabbed one at the same price last week. I was going to get the 4 probe but this seems less faff. Envious of the MB 800 though :)

Permabanned
Turner and George Packer Brisket - Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Charcoal Rub
Turner and George Wings - Buffalo with Blue Cheese dip (Made these way too hot even for my tastes :cry:)
Grilled pineapple & Peach Salsa
My legendary potato salad

Excuse the mess, entertaining 15 people in a small house leads to carnage haha
awesome is turner i only like twice a year but so so good, also bought a few of their rubs too.

Soldato
awesome is turner i only like twice a year but so so good, also bought a few of their rubs too.

The brisket was really nice! Going to try John Davidsons next, had some really nice Brazilian steak from them a few weeks ago and they're selections of imported brisket look incredible!

Waiting until I can grab a pellet smoker on sale this winter ready for a big cook out in the spring!

Associate

Temp Spike went back. It has flopped on the first few goes and gave erratic readings. It said the Chicken was done in 6 minutes and tried with bigger cuts and gave unrealistic times so perhaps was a dud. Will look at getting another or stump up for the Meater or go the wired route with bluetooth.

Permabanned
Temp Spike went back. It has flopped on the first few goes and gave erratic readings. It said the Chicken was done in 6 minutes and tried with bigger cuts and gave unrealistic times so perhaps was a dud. Will look at getting another or stump up for the Meater or go the wired route with bluetooth.
only prob i had is spike battery .. but cleaned the end and alls good ..shame yours was a dud .. they do have a new meater out ..v2 .. :)

Last edited:

img

img

Associate
i have some beef ribs and pastrami cure arriving today. Never tried to cure bacon but i was these beef ribs and since i had them already in the freezer though they would be worth a try. Anyone done same?

Last edited:
Permabanned
The brisket was really nice! Going to try John Davidsons next, had some really nice Brazilian steak from them a few weeks ago and they're selections of imported brisket look incredible!

Waiting until I can grab a pellet smoker on sale this winter ready for a big cook out in the spring!
i'll suggest a master built over a pellet ... more smoke flavor :)

Soldato
You
Plans have changed and no smoker got me yet sadly!

I just love how easy a pellet grill is, set and forget. While I’d love to get properly into smoking I just don’t have the time to master it sadly :(

You can still get a very good smoke flavour from a pellet smoker, you can either run it at a lower temperature (say 70c for the first hour or so, which creates more smoke than running at 110C) or you can add a smoker tube with smoldering pellets to give even more smoke.

I certainly love the set and forget nature of a pellet smoker as it makes BBQ incredibly simple! That said I also have a bullet smoker and a kettle and use them with a smartfire which makes them essentially set and forget too! :)

Soldato
I got a Ninja Woodfire grill this week, and did my first cook in it today - pulled pork, turned out pretty well! I'd want to tweak the flavours in the rub next time, and maybe try different pellets, but I can't fault the grill itself.

t2HWTyI.jpg

4kkhvec.jpg

It's not cheap at £350, but it's so easy to use that I can absolutely see myself cooking a lot of things that I would never bother doing with a more traditional BBQ smoker setup.

Been looking at stuff like this with interest. How you been finding it after 6 months for comparing to traditional BBQs?

Back
Top Bottom