Official Crysis Demo thread

Soldato
Bit late to the party but nevermind. Had a play for a short while and I'm enjoying it. I like the little touches such as when the humvee catches fire the heat causes the tyres to explode. Or the fact you can shoot birds out of the sky! :D

Running on my rig all on MEDIUM settings @1280x1024 (4xAA/8xAF). Seems to give the best balance of FPS to eye-candy. I did start with it on HIGH at first but it was sluggish. Overall, I don't think it runs bad and I had no lag from the mouse, etc.

I did do a bit of a PC cleanup as well and that seems to have made the gameplay smoother. So disk cleanup, reg clean and defrag and then an online and offline hdd defrag.

I like how they've also done the cut-scenes and blended them into the gameplay.

So, back to playing now and see how it goes but so far, yes, I'm enjoying it. Just picking up an outboard motor and chucking it at a guy in Strength mode is so cool, watching him smash though a building. lol. :D

Soldato
how do u take screenshots and where do they get saved.also in the screenshots i have seen there is white writing in the top left corner showing the fps and things like that.do i need another program to show that or is there a button to press to bring it up.thanks..

fraps is easy enough to use for screenshots...unless someone knows how to bind the screenshots to a key ?

as for the white info...type r_displayinfo 1
in console

Soldato
For the people who can use it.

I can't run the game on Very High just now, but I'll appreciate it's there the next time I upgrade. We'd probably all be on better cards by now if ATI/AMD actually brought out something to rival the 8800GTX this year.

I thought It looked too sort of smooth/soft on high settings , much prefer medium...that is in XP (DX9)

Soldato
OP
After hours of tweaking I think Ive found the best settings for my rig:

Q6600
8800GTX
4GB
All stock (overclocking CPU to 3.4 made no difference)

4XAA with all setting on very high, excluding Shadows-Medium and Shaders-High.

This gives me a super smooth AVE of 26FPS with lows of 20's and highs of 30's FPS.

Ive never seen a game run as smooth as this does @ 25FPS it feels double.

At times it will hit 20FPS in jungle fight scenes and still totally playable with very little mouse lagg.

Pure comedy when you run at some-one from the undergrowth with "Maxium Speed" enabled, excellent detail of fear on their faces rendering them useless for a few seconds letting you get a grasp on their throat! :D

EDIT: 1680*1050

crysis2007102718503254mw9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I would rather they left it out yes, what is the point of putting something in that 99% of the people can't use?

I am not offended in any way, just disappointed about the balance between looks and performance, I think it is underperforming a lot.

By the time you get to a constant 60fps it doesn't look any special anymore

those who dont like it they dont use it and those who like it can do so when their machines are capable.
doesnt that ^^ seem fair ?

its not forced on anybody...they are given a choice if to use it and when.

as for performance of the game....i think it depends heavily on the OS that is being used....xp is pretty good and vista in comparison is poor.

im getting around 20-30 avg with all settings on high apart from shadows which are set to medium...using a 8800gts.
those fps may seem low but its very smooth...if i hadnt displayed the fps on screen i would have guessed they were between 40-50.
i dont consider that bad going considering its the best looking game ive ever seen with the best physics and i can play it smoothly.

Soldato
So it's looking like we are not loosing anything other than a few extra textures (which few have the power to run anyway!) running in good ole DX9...Can anyone comfirm ?

Deleted member 61728

D

Deleted member 61728

Anyone running Crysis demo at res 1920*1200 on a single 8800GTX please post DX9/Dx10 fps xp/vista ?

Associate
I just wish there was a few more weapons to try.

Only found pistol, shotgun & 2 machine guns which don't appear to be much different from each other in performance and of course the mounted weapons & grenades.

would love to have a sniper rifle anyone found one or any other guns?

Soldato
I just wish there was a few more weapons to try.

Only found pistol, shotgun & 2 machine guns which don't appear to be much different from each other in performance and of course the mounted weapons & grenades.

would love to have a sniper rifle anyone found one or any other guns?

Look for 'SniperScope' - you can attach that to any of your assault rifles, press X to change to single bullet shots, and it's a sniper rifle. Have fun :)

Back
Top Bottom