**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Caporegime
Any sunny day screens? :)

Has it affected your FPS at all? Out of interest did it overwrite any files?

I'll catch a few more and post back with afterburner's fps read out.

Yes, it did overwrite files, but I thought what the hell - steam will have my saves in the cloud like last time. :)

Soldato
Not sure, I didn't see any from the ENB. It is only really God rays and shadows that hurt really for me, so I have God rays off and shadows medium.

Yup, tested it. Looks quite nice (although not that different from Enhanced Wasteland) and there's no performance hit. Sticking with it for the time being:)

Now I only have to do something about the shadows:mad:

Soldato
Didn't realise that you had used another visual mod

Glad there is no performance hit.

I toned down the Bloom quite a lot in that particular zip.

Press Alt-enter and try raising the Bloom to 1.0 or more under the various day, night, sunset options for a bit more oomph. That should show some difference over enhanced Wasteland which doesn't use ENB.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I decided to reinstall and begin from scratch because I wasn't seeing much in the way of changes. The only things I have running as well as your mod arrangement is the lowered weapon and weapon debris mods.

Here's a few shots:

2upblz5.png
2ykm34g.png
20fypua.png
avpyz7.png
Does that look about right? Godrays and shadow distance are set to medium, with everything else cranked up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, that looks about right. If you ALT-F12it toggles the ENB so you can see if its working properly.

I forgot I did tone down the settings yesterday which is the one I sent you. I have just sent you my previously ini files which have much more aggressive bloom/gamma to show off the effect.

try toggling God rays off in console too to see how less washed iut things look with god rays off. Console command is gr on or gr off

Last edited:
Soldato
That preset made me enjoy the game more:D It might be slightly oversaturated and a wee bit too sharp but it gives the colours that much needed "oomph" and contrast.

I couldn't stand how vanilla looked in certain locations and it really put me off playing more but now even the ugliest places look bearable (and the prettiest look quite fantastic):D It's amazing how altering the colour pallete can change the overall visual feel of a game.

I just wish I didn't have to put up with drops to 45 fps in denser environments, it's really annoying and the game's engine doesn't handle varying framerate too well (some stuttering and general jittery feel):mad: Even with shadow distance on medium (so practically shadows appearing in front of you, they should just rename high and medium to "shadows" and "no shadows" respectively:p) I still get drops to 50 the same places.

Caporegime
I just wish I didn't have to put up with drops to 45 fps in denser environments, it's really annoying and the game's engine doesn't handle varying framerate too well (some stuttering and general jittery feel):mad: Even with shadow distance on medium (so practically shadows appearing in front of you, they should just rename high and medium to "shadows" and "no shadows" respectively:p) I still get drops to 50 the same places.

Have you tried switching godrays off? That should help a bit. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Back to the Robot DLC...

Is it me, or has this increased the number of settlement attacks? During a 80 minute session yesterday evening I had no less than three alerts during or on the way to other missions. All the settlements involved were being attacked by robots. Bit of a PITA if that's the case.

Soldato
Great, glad you preferred that preset :)

Do you have God rays on or off?

I have them on low, quite like how they look but I guess I'll have to turn off absolutely everything that makes a visual difference and adds to the atmosphere. Without godrays and with shadows on medium I'll be pretty close to PS4 territory:p

I hope Bethesda does a better job at optimisation next time because there is absolutely nothing in the game that would warrant such performance problems. In fact, your preset just about saves the graphics:D

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Back to the Robot DLC...

Is it me, or has this increased the number of settlement attacks? During a 80 minute session yesterday evening I had no less than three alerts during or on the way to other missions. All the settlements involved were being attacked by robots. Bit of a PITA if that's the case.
I have the improved settlers mod and they are much more capable of defending themselves...I got a message for the first time sayin tenpines bluff had successfully defended itself..made me feel all warm and fuzzy

cant understand why one of my settlements wont go above 64% happiness...it has excess food and water as well as a defence of over 200 but they just are never happy!

alos...I just cannot stockpile tatos...I have hunderds of them planted at various settlements, but they never get harvested for some reason. I have corn and mutifruit in abundance being stocked and plenty of water, but tatos never increase, its a pian when trying to make vegateble starch as I physically have to go harvest them myself

Soldato
Another bit of advice for playing the robot DLC:

The robots you encounter are far tougher than in the base game, such that even my pretty much maxed melee character was struggling. Some of the types do a mini nuclear explosion on death which takes the player out in any sort of proximity. I've had to back off the DLC plot in order to start building my gun perks as ranged combat is the preferred option.

It was deffo tougher, had to relucatly use my OP gauss on a couple of robots. It helped when i remembered to not to aim for the had like I normally would. on other enemies.

Back to the Robot DLC...

I had a couple of settlement attacks over the weekend playing the DLC after having none after the last patch. It seems the new enemies are attacking though rather than raider/mutants. I have timescale set very slow so luckily I dont have to stop what im doing to bother helping.

Last edited:
Permabanned
This is driving me crazy now I'm over 114 hours in and I still don't know how to use my torch/helmet light/whatever it is.

Can someone please explain to me how I obtain and use a light for in the dark.

I've seen upgrades in the armour workshop but even though I may have the basic model I can't find how to use it

Back
Top Bottom