Official Home Gym Building Thread

Soldato
Carpet tiles might not be a bad idea, hard wearing for the general office use.

Theoretically, if I were to carpet tile the whole floor for now, under where the functional trainer is going and then when the full rack is in I could lay proper 40mm matting on top of the carpet for that section would that work?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
under where the functional trainer is going and then when the full rack is in I could lay proper 40mm matting on top of the carpet for that section would that work?

That's how a lot of gyms set it up.

I have 45mm mats I just throw down for deadlifting (as pictured above).

Man of Honour
Haven’t trained for about 8 months now. But put on some mass, the bad kind, so need to get back in to it

Garage was an absolute mess. Has been used as a dumping ground since new year and was just full of boxes and rubbish and all sorts.

4 hours later and it looks like this.

Wj0RPXP.jpg

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Haven’t trained for about 8 months now. But put on some mass, the bad kind, so need to get back in to it

Garage was an absolute mess. Has been used as a dumping ground since new year and was just full of boxes and rubbish and all sorts.

4 hours later and it looks like this.

Wj0RPXP.jpg

Welcome back bro. I give it 4 weeks before you buy loads of new kit.

Soldato

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yes mate welcome back to it!

You should strongly consider this 2 of these, very space efficient and will get you a lot of options for chest and shoulders even.

Steedie on dat 10k/CEO rates so could easily afford this: https://bulldoggear.com/products/zero-2-dual-adjustable-pulley-machine?_pos=1&_sid=1843dcdf2&_ss=r

Soldato
honestly i would still get 2 wall mounted pulleys, far more variety and more spacing between allows for better fly / crossover motion. Tempted myself for my setup.

Also need to get some mag grip row attachments.

Soldato
Well I can vouch for the Primal Strength model above, I have one and it's been really good - they actually sell it as a pair if you want to and have the space to mount two of them - I'd have done exactly that but I don't have room. One is still certainly better than nothing though

Associate
Anyone got any recommendations for weight plate storage solutions? I am thinking a couple of these are probably going to be best? Unless anyone uses something they think is better?

Not got a massive amount of plates. I think 2x 20kg, 2x15kg, 2x10kg, 2x 5kg and a few smaller plates.

Got an Iron King folding rack as per many peoples recommendation on here so can't really store them on the rack I don't think.

Man of Honour
I store all mine sat on the base of my rack. Extra support for when I bail. Doubt it needs them, but can’t harm. Think you can also get storage on the rack for mine.

Soldato
Anyone got any recommendations for weight plate storage solutions? I am thinking a couple of these are probably going to be best? Unless anyone uses something they think is better?

Not got a massive amount of plates. I think 2x 20kg, 2x15kg, 2x10kg, 2x 5kg and a few smaller plates.

Got an Iron King folding rack as per many peoples recommendation on here so can't really store them on the rack I don't think.
We have a tree for olympic plates but I would prefer the wall-mounted rack. Takes up less space and I'd fix it on the wall at a more manageable height so I'm not lowering down to pick up heavy plates.

Soldato

Furniture legs:

OaGF7pT.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What do you guys do for Hamstring curls if you don't have space for a leg extension/curl machine? I'm struggling to work it out. For a while I was using the ankle straps I use with my cable machine for doing adductions/abductions plus a bungee cord to basically "attach" a dumbell to the bottom of my foot and do curls, but it was a faff to setup and sometimes would slip off...

Have seen you can get rack-mounted attachments that can be used for leg extensions/curls but not sure any of them will fit on my rack... otherwise at a bit of a loss. Any tips?

Soldato
What do you guys do for Hamstring curls if you don't have space for a leg extension/curl machine? I'm struggling to work it out. For a while I was using the ankle straps I use with my cable machine for doing adductions/abductions plus a bungee cord to basically "attach" a dumbell to the bottom of my foot and do curls, but it was a faff to setup and sometimes would slip off...

Have seen you can get rack-mounted attachments that can be used for leg extensions/curls but not sure any of them will fit on my rack... otherwise at a bit of a loss. Any tips?

There’s a guy in the UK who produces something called the Iron Shin. Otherwise check out Monkey Feet.

Both are similar methods to attach a dumbell but much more secure and easy to setup.

It’d be great if someone made a “double” one though.

Back
Top Bottom