• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Associate
JI6Ef.jpg

My first attempt with a 3770K.

Prime running for around half an hour. (stable)

Malaysia batch number L212B228.

Not sure if I wanna push much further, though if I can get to 4.7Ghz with temps below 80c, id be happy.

Last edited:
Associate
I just got my 3570k and using IBT at stock speed the max temp was 52 degrees on one of the cores (the other 3 were all a bit lower), that's using a NH-D14 with low noise adapter. It's not going above 50 with Prime95.

Batch is L204B161, Malaysia.

Associate
Modest 4.4ghz OC

Hi thought i'd post my results here, only oc'ed to 4.4, with no increase in voltage, temps seem fairly good, plan on going higher in the future but at the moment no real need anyway give me your thoughts thanks. ;)
15o6yoi.png

Soldato
Hi thought i'd post my results here, only oc'ed to 4.4, with no increase in voltage, temps seem fairly good

Thanks for that.... Looking at your results I'm thinking people are panicking solely on realtemp core temps.

Oddly your surface temperature looks very cool at 40C.

Anyone care to comment ?

EDIT: OK with a motherboard temp of 26C - that's even more odd - bordering inaccurate ? :S

Associate
Thanks for that.... Looking at your results I'm thinking people are panicking solely on realtemp core temps.

Oddly your surface temperature looks very cool at 40C.

Anyone care to comment ?

EDIT: OK with a motherboard temp of 26C - that's even more odd - bordering inaccurate ? :S

Well it shows the same in HW monitor and its reading the cores right so dunno, plus it shows the temps in the bios at around 25 celcius for the mobo. I have got decent airflow in the case plus it isnt the warmest of days, other than that I dont know maybe someone with more technical knowledge can shed some light. :)

64ks1y.png

Soldato
Well it shows the same in HW monitor and its reading the cores right so dunno, plus it shows the temps in the bios at around 25 celcius for the mobo. I have got decent airflow in the case plus it isnt the warmest of days, other than that I dont know maybe someone with more technical knowledge can shed some light. :)

Thank you very much indeed for posting that. Yes it does appear that you have some great cooling in that case - all temps are very low :)

I usually look at CPUTIN - the delta you've got 33-66 is huge and I think we'll be seeing more of this.

Thanks for posting :)

Associate
Think I've found the thermal limit of this chip.

4.75Ghz stable at 1.345v hovering at around the 78-80c mark, which I'm quite happy with.

However, even one more voltage notch upwards, and I was seeing 96c after one minute of prime.

So, I think I'll leave it here :p

Last edited:
Associate
Just did my first overclock to 4.4ghz, stock volts (4.6 crashed at windows boot at default volts) and the max temp I've hit in Prime is 57. I'm quite happy with that, I was half expecting it to burst into flames :D

2me4tqw.png

Associate
Think I've found the thermal limit of this chip.

4.75Ghz stable at 1.335v hovering at around the 78-80c mark, which I'm quite happy with.

However, even one more voltage notch upwards, and I was seeing 96c after one minute of prime.

So, I think I'll leave it here :p

curious - so you are using a corsair h100?; what settings are you running the fans on?

is your fans system quite loud to have your cpu at 1.335v?

Associate
curious - so you are using a corsair h100?; what settings are you running the fans on?

is your fans system quite loud to have your cpu at 1.335v?

1.345v actually - edited. I have the H100 on the middle setting. Low just doesn't cut it, and high sounds like a hovercraft.

High setting doesn't even drop the temps dramatically, maybe 1-2c, not worth the noise. Medium is just about right.

huQ0X.jpg

1.345v is about all this chip can handle thermally.

Got it stable now at around 4.75Ghz. Have had prime running now for about 2 hours. Max temperature of 80c - and considering the TJmax is 105c, I'm quite happy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom