• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Associate
Hey all,

Just got my new system up and running. Details below:

• Intel 3570K @ 4.5GHz
  • Malaysia, Batch L208B089
  • MSI Z77A GD65
  • Noctua NH-D14
  • 76C (RealTemp)
  • 1.300V

Appears to be Prime stable so far (30mins). Temps seen to sit around 70C under full load, with a peak of 76C.

I've been out of the OC game for some time (since the Conroe days) and still trying to get my head around this new Z77 motherboard. Any tips or tricks from other GD65 users?

Cheers,

Matt.

Soldato
Thank you very much indeed for posting that. Yes it does appear that you have some great cooling in that case - all temps are very low :)

I usually look at CPUTIN - the delta you've got 33-66 is huge and I think we'll be seeing more of this.

Thanks for posting :)

That delta is incorrect. For my Asus board, that max figure is always double what the actual maximum has been.

Don't trust CPUTIN max figure in hwmonitor.

Permabanned
thanks mate
cb5ghz.jpg

same score as sandy at 5ghz more or less :)

Permabanned
Hmmm, so some people are getting 4.6/4.7ghz at acceptable temps? that would definitely be very nice, i'd like to see how much heat is shaved off under a watercooling loop, even if it's just a few degrees that would be nice at least :), but glad to see the chip so far seems to be performing very well, as not everyone was/is running their Sandy chips at 4.9/5ghz at least

Associate
I'm actually pretty surprised.

All the reviews made it out to be armageddon for overclocking.

Actually had the chip at 4.8Ghz for a while with temps about 82c - maybe too hot for some peoples liking but I'm fine with it. That was with the H100 fans on full (hovercraft mode).

I backed it down a bit so I didn't go deaf. :p

Associate
I've been priming mine at 4.5ghz with 1.2v for a couple of hours now with max temps of 67 with none of my fans over 900rpm. That's pretty much what I wanted so I'm happy I went with IB. I was getting a little worried with all the comments about the heat and everything, but that seems perfectly fine to me for a 24/7 overclock. It will even run IBT while only hitting low 70s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom