• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Soldato
Lol.

I don't even use my pc for folding - does that make it useless? I'll tell you something though, it can fold at 4.7ghz no problem. Fire up prime or IBT and you can bet your bottom dollar it crashes.

I think what hes trying to say is that yes prime or ibt might be more intense but you dont run that all day everyday.

Ive always said a true sign of stability isnt what prime or ibt proves, its what you do everyday. if hes happy and hes not getting crashes every few hours under the load hes putting the machine under then in his mind its stable.

Now personally ive slapped my 3770k in loaded up xmp profile 1 at stock 1.17 vcore actually pulling 1.12 in cpuz, turned off the igpu and let it do its thing at 3.9 4 core 8 threads loaded with f@h personally at a smidge under 4ghz im happy with that and it does everything i need it to and more a lot of you guys wouldnt see that as an o/c as 3.9ghz is what the turbo frequency is anyway (although that is with limited cores loaded not all 4) but hey im happy, i might pop it up to 4ghz which based on its draw it will do at stock but thats purely for my own show boating im happy with it as is at 65c hottest core

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got back from holidays, so not had a lot of time to play with the new comp but most of it is on auto for cpu stuff so downclocks and all that stock stuff etc.

Did a prime95 small test to see how temps go. I hope these are reasonable for this cpu in a cm 690 ii lite case with antec 620 with 2 GT 1850 fans as push and pull for exhaust and 2 top of case exhausts and 1 frontal intake fan.

7 mins test, cba to do longer today.

Do the temps seem decent and low for stock speed? You reckon much overclocking room for it?

Associate
Hope to see intel next gen cpu to run 4200MHz at these volts. :D

cpu4200.png

Soldato
Well i googled for prime95 and that was the latest version i found. If someone knows which version is newer then i wouldn't mind a link to it. Cheers.

Edit found it i think, v27 somit or other.

Still with the cooling i went with i hope this is better than norm temps at stock otherwise i just wasted money on the gt1850s.

Last edited:
Associate
just recently replaced my stock cooler on my 3570k, so gave it 20 mins on prime at its current 4ghz and the fan never had to ramp up and it stayed below 60c, so I've now stuck it at 4.4ghz and left vcore on auto in the bios (nudged it up slightly but got an error message from the bios so put it on auto). massive difference in temps on prime, fan now maxes out and it hit 90c after about 10 mins (maybe less)

think I'll see if it I can push it 4.5 and then tidy my case to see if I can improve the airflow a bit

ETA: now at 4.5, set volts at 1.3 and cpuz reporting 1.284v, nearly 80c after 30 seconds of prime. don't think it is stable though as bf3 crashed after a few mins, although i've also pushed my memory up to 2000mhz so might have been that

Last edited:
Soldato
still by far the best stability program for my Ivy is Handbrake

if it can complete a few encodes in handbrake (so 6 hours plus) without Handbrake crashing out or any WHEA errors - then its a good sign

its the hardest program I find to get totally stable, it uses AVX I think so works the processor very hard (I get pretty high temps with it)

Back
Top Bottom